dcmoses

It's two games.  They lost one in OT, and one on the last play of the game.  Not a very significant sample size.  I don't think it represents a huge problem.  
One was the Grey Cup and the other was the Grey Cup. Think that represents a huge problem. BLM wins a lot of games, Ricky Ray wins the games that count. BLM is 1-2 in the Grey Cup, Ricky Ray is 4-1 in the Grey Cup and has engineered 43 game winning drives.

Ray doesn't win a lot but in the big game Ray brings it like few CFL QBs have. It's nice to win a lot but even BLM would likely tell you he would trade it to win when it mattered.
The guy is 1-2 in Grey Cups.  Of course he would love to be 3-0, but you can't win em all.  Calvillo lost a bunch of GC's too, but I'd take him over Ricky Ray.   Who knows, maybe BLM ends his career 5-2 in Grey Cup games.  I don't know why everyone is so quick to forget how damn good he is.  
Because he lost 2 Grey Cup games he should have won. You want Calvillo, take him, his Grey Cup record was worse than BLM. I'll take Ray, he wins when it matters and has beaten Mr Calvillo twice and BLM once.

Iconic SR

It's two games.  They lost one in OT, and one on the last play of the game.  Not a very significant sample size.  I don't think it represents a huge problem.  
One was the Grey Cup and the other was the Grey Cup. Think that represents a huge problem. BLM wins a lot of games, Ricky Ray wins the games that count. BLM is 1-2 in the Grey Cup, Ricky Ray is 4-1 in the Grey Cup and has engineered 43 game winning drives.

Ray doesn't win a lot but in the big game Ray brings it like few CFL QBs have. It's nice to win a lot but even BLM would likely tell you he would trade it to win when it mattered.
The guy is 1-2 in Grey Cups.  Of course he would love to be 3-0, but you can't win em all.  Calvillo lost a bunch of GC's too, but I'd take him over Ricky Ray.   Who knows, maybe BLM ends his career 5-2 in Grey Cup games.  I don't know why everyone is so quick to forget how damn good he is.  
BLM is an excellent regular season QB who has trouble in the big games. Some of his teammates suffer from the same condition. 

dcmoses

BLM is an excellent regular season QB who has trouble in the big games. Some of his teammates suffer from the same condition.
Please stop letsgoticats, you've got Iconic and I agreeing and that's just not right. ;)

letsgoticats

Please stop letsgoticats, you've got Iconic and I agreeing and that's just not right. ;)
Dang, you're right.  It's been 18 hours since the season ended and already we've all lost our minds here  ;D

drummer_god

Why isn't anyone talking about Calgary's Head Coach?

Mitchell and the stamps won the Grey Cup in 2014 with Huff as HC.
Lots of the same core in place but a different HC who makes dumb calls in the worst moments of the big game two years in a row.

If Huff was still HC, i'd say stamps have back to back championships right about now.
Only those weak on football knowledge or just sprinkle dust fans would give either Jorden, Mitchell or Dickenson a pass on yesterday's game. Huff is a superior mind and sideline statue than Dickenson, totally agree. But even Huff doesn't quite measure up to Marc Trestman as a head coach. Closer than Dickenson but not at Trestman levels. Actually no one in the CFL is at Marc Trestman levels!
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but I can see an argument for Huff considering he led the 2008 Stamps to a grey cup win over Trestman's Alouettes in the Alouettes home city.

Huff also led the stamps to a grey cup title in 2014. 

He's at best Trestman's equal and at worse just a very small step below....

3 rings to 2 now for Trestman but that's with Huff out of the coaching game. 

Hank01

I always judge a coach on what he is given with the tools to succeed especially at QB.

The blight against Trestman is he never looked good without a proven QB .

I think I can only pass judgement on Trestman if he can develop a QB on his own as a head coach in the CFL . Then he will get the accolades .

Buono and Huff have taken wanna bees to Qb's . Until I see Trestman do that he falls behind these two .

As far as BO goes he took it like a man yesterday and had it fall on his shoulders . He got a little too cocky with that throw and he knows it . That measuring stick in leadership terms is important after this loss . Dickenson's remarks afterwards were also admirable . 

DAN38

I always judge a coach on what he is given with the tools to succeed especially at QB.

The blight against Trestman is he never looked good without a proven QB .

I think I can only pass judgement on Trestman if he can develop a QB on his own as a head coach in the CFL . Then he will get the accolades .

Buono and Huff have taken wanna bees to Qb's . Until I see Trestman do that he falls behind these two .

As far as BO goes he took it like a man yesterday and had it fall on his shoulders . He got a little too cocky with that throw and he knows it . That measuring stick in leadership terms is important after this loss . Dickenson's remarks afterwards were also admirable .

Bingo Hank..... There is one particular past coach who gets high accolades but only signed on with teams that already had good QBs and teams. The only time he tried coaching a struggling team was an abysmal failure and he got fired in his second season. Right after he was back to bonafide QB teams. Some of these teams I could've coached and won. Even MOS has done better at developing a struggling team.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

The Last Word

If not for a questionable block from behind by a Ticats player on a late punt return td in the 2014 Grey Cup, it is likely Mitchell would be 0-3 in Grey Cups.

Bo does not know clutch play!

Iconic SR

Some call this marginally successful

ExPat

If not for a questionable block from behind by a Ticats player on a late punt return td in the 2014 Grey Cup, it is likely Mitchell would be 0-3 in Grey Cups.

The CAL player dove on that play to make the block look worse than it was.  Maybe it was still a penalty regardless, or maybe it wasn’t.  Point is, he flopped like a European soccer player. 

It is possible that the football gods have been trying to restore justice ever since by keeping CAL’s hands away from the trophy. 

I personally think anyone who flops (and this is often punters) should no longer be entitled to benefit from rules designed to protect more manly players.  In other words, it should be open season on them.  But that’s another thread.  

The Last Word

The CAL player dove on that play to make the block look worse than it was.  Maybe it was still a penalty regardless, or maybe it wasn’t.  Point is, he flopped like a European soccer player.

It is possible that the football gods have been trying to restore justice ever since by keeping CAL’s hands away from the trophy.

I personally think anyone who flops (and this is often punters) should no longer be entitled to benefit from rules designed to protect more manly players.  In other words, it should be open season on them.  But that’s another thread.  
I don't think he flopped.  That's probably your Ticat goggles firmly planted on your head.  There were a few blocks to the backs of Calgary players during that play that directly effected the action on the field that were not called.

dcmoses

A questionable block Last Word?

ExPat those Hamilton goggles you got are way too tight; they're cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain.

ExPat

On the Ticats forum my statement would have been accepted as fact.  :)

Johnny Ticat slayer

Bo-Leva Mitchell is a prima donna. Just like Cam Newton in the NFL. In the Super Bowl VS the Broncos, Newton refused to jump on the ball after HIS own fumble. The prima donna did not want to get hurt. It's just the Super Bowl...

BLM is the same way.  ::)
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

EZ Football

Why do the TSN announcers INSIST on saying the entire name of Bo Levi Mitchell during a telecast?

Why not say just his last name only?  For example: "Mitchell's pass to ...."

It's irritating hearing someone say the first name, middle name, last name and suffix ALL OF THE TIME!

Users Online

117 Guests, 10 Users (20 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
heapbag, MadJack, btharner, greenandwhite, Mightygoose, woody, Dr.Whiskey, RichardVeilleux, jim43bob, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (13), Baidu

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)