Cujo

Mitchell is the best QB in the league.

The fact you're blaming him for the fumble, and not making a tackle on the return is absolutely insane.

Guy played a great game, with one awful, awful throw in crunch time.  Oh well.  I'd take Mitchell over every QB in the league any day.  
In the last two GC games I would take Henry Burris and Ricky Ray over BLM any day.

Doesn't matter as much how he does in regular season, its how he plays when it counts.
Ricky didn't win Toronto that game, and was out played by Mitchel. Calgary out played Toronto, period. A bad fumble, and yes, a terrible pass play thrown my Mitchel sealed the deal. It was a dumb move, but shouldn't have come to that. Mitchel did everything he had to, to win that game, up until the fumble. Had that not happened, you would not be singing this lame tune. Toronto's D won them this game, period.

thirdnlong

Bo-Levi is a good quarterback and a leader of men. He may become a great QB when he grows up, but right now, he is selfish and arrogant. Ten cups in 15 years, really son how bout concentrating on your second. The only thing worst for a team than an arrogant player is an arrogant leader. Calgary seems full of arrogant selfish players... conincidence or inevitable ?
 I wouldn't want him on my team.

drummer_god

Why isn't anyone talking about Calgary's Head Coach?

Mitchell and the stamps won the Grey Cup in 2014 with Huff as HC. 
Lots of the same core in place but a different HC who makes dumb calls in the worst moments of the big game two years in a row. 

If Huff was still HC, i'd say stamps have back to back championships right about now. 

Iconic SR

All those regular season wins don't bring much happiness when the big win is still out of reach.
Without those regular season wins, you don't have a chance to win the big one.
The 9-9 Argos didn't need all the wins the Stamps got.

The ORBs didn't need all the wins the Stamps had last year either.

I'm not seeing your point. This past two seasons the Stamps accumulated 28 wins regular season while their GC opponents accumulated 17 in total. Neither the ORBs or the Argos had a winning season % these past two seasons.
And in both GC games, the Stamps had the game taken to them - and they lost.
You do realize the Stamps would have missed the playoffs with those records right?
That highlights the problem even more so. Stamps cannot win big games against supposedly much 'worse' teams. I don't have much issue with the structure as it is and the crossover situation. Yesterday the two top teams from each division arrived in the big game. And one division leader beat the other - because they outplayed them.

Regular season records mean nothing in the playoffs. Riding on yesterday's accomplishments does nothing but give the Stamps choke status.
It's two games.  They lost one in OT, and one on the last play of the game.  Not a very significant sample size.  I don't think it represents a huge problem.  
I think it represents tremendous opportunity for all the teams with lesser records. Knowing that the best.........really aren't.

T44

Bo-Levi is a good quarterback and a leader of men. He may become a great QB when he grows up, but right now, he is selfish and arrogant. Ten cups in 15 years, really son how bout concentrating on your second. The only thing worst for a team than an arrogant player is an arrogant leader. Calgary seems full of arrogant selfish players... conincidence or inevitable ?
That team gave me a ton of entertainment last year, this year and I'm sure will again next year. I sat through the 70's and 80's so maybe the regular season means more to me than most of you. Jordan is a young player that will learn as I'm sure Bo will. I love everything about this team except their terrible black helmets. McDaniel may have just put a down payment on his ticket out of town. Not to worry though, I'm sure the green pretenders would welcome him to Regina.

T44

Lots of the same core in place but a different HC who makes dumb calls in the worst moments of the big game two years in a row.

If Huff was still HC, i'd say stamps have back to back championships right about now.
I'm sure Dickenson didn't call that play. Bo had that option and he took it. Last year Buckley was stopped  because Cote missed a block. Crap happens. This year the team made three mistakes or the game is a blowout. I know which team is the best in Canada and don't much care what the Rider clowns say. I wouldn't trade Dickenson for any other coach in the league including Tressman and especially Chris Jones or Maas

letsgoticats

All those regular season wins don't bring much happiness when the big win is still out of reach.
Without those regular season wins, you don't have a chance to win the big one.
The 9-9 Argos didn't need all the wins the Stamps got.

The ORBs didn't need all the wins the Stamps had last year either.

I'm not seeing your point. This past two seasons the Stamps accumulated 28 wins regular season while their GC opponents accumulated 17 in total. Neither the ORBs or the Argos had a winning season % these past two seasons.
And in both GC games, the Stamps had the game taken to them - and they lost.
You do realize the Stamps would have missed the playoffs with those records right?
That highlights the problem even more so. Stamps cannot win big games against supposedly much 'worse' teams. I don't have much issue with the structure as it is and the crossover situation. Yesterday the two top teams from each division arrived in the big game. And one division leader beat the other - because they outplayed them.

Regular season records mean nothing in the playoffs. Riding on yesterday's accomplishments does nothing but give the Stamps choke status.
It's two games.  They lost one in OT, and one on the last play of the game.  Not a very significant sample size.  I don't think it represents a huge problem.  
I think it represents tremendous opportunity for all the teams with lesser records. Knowing that the best.........really aren't.
So you think the favourite should always win?  What fun would sports be if not for upsets?

Johnny Ticat slayer

Boom! Great point. Dickenson was given the keys to a Ferrari, and stalled it in first gear, before finally driving it into the ditch.

Dickenson was groomed and prepared to take over the Stamps by Huff. He was given a great roster and the means to win. If he cannot win the Grey Cup in those conditions, he should be fired.

Look at what Trestman did with the Argos. The Argos were a complete mess 8 months ago. Now, they are champions.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Iconic SR

That team gave me a ton of entertainment last year, this year and I'm sure will again next year. I sat through the 70's and 80's so maybe the regular season means more to me than most of you. Jordan is a young player that will learn as I'm sure Bo will. I love everything about this team except their terrible black helmets. McDaniel may have just put a down payment on his ticket out of town. Not to worry though, I'm sure the green pretenders would welcome him to Regina.
With that piece of crap stadium in Calgary (as per Ambrosie) maybe McDaniel does likely want to get out of there. Football matters in Regina.

ExPat

I'm sure Dickenson didn't call that play. Bo had that option and he took it. Last year Buckley was stopped  because Cote missed a block. Crap happens. This year the team made three mistakes or the game is a blowout. I know which team is the best in Canada and don't much care what the Rider clowns say. I wouldn't trade Dickenson for any other coach in the league including Tressman and especially Chris Jones or Maas
Well, one thing we know is that DD did not call a run.  

DAN38

I have been criticizing DD all morning, Drummer. His decision to go for two instead of a single, convert. That lost point may have changed things up when Tor tied it up and most importantly his decision to stop running the ball. (I guess it's his final say ?) If I was the HC of the Stamps, the Argos would have Messam hangovers this morning !
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

Lyle B. Style

Only those weak on football knowledge or just sprinkle dust fans would give either Jorden, Mitchell or Dickenson a pass on yesterday's game. Huff is a superior mind and sideline statue than Dickenson, totally agree. But even Huff doesn't quite measure up to Marc Trestman as a head coach. Closer than Dickenson but not at Trestman levels. Actually no one in the CFL is at Marc Trestman levels!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

dcmoses

One was the Grey Cup and the other was the Grey Cup. Think that represents a huge problem. BLM wins a lot of games, Ricky Ray wins the games that count. BLM is 1-2 in the Grey Cup, Ricky Ray is 4-1 in the Grey Cup and has engineered 43 game winning drives.

Ray doesn't win a lot but in the big game Ray brings it like few CFL QBs have. It's nice to win a lot but even BLM would likely tell you he would trade it to win when it mattered.

letsgoticats

One was the Grey Cup and the other was the Grey Cup. Think that represents a huge problem. BLM wins a lot of games, Ricky Ray wins the games that count. BLM is 1-2 in the Grey Cup, Ricky Ray is 4-1 in the Grey Cup and has engineered 43 game winning drives.

Ray doesn't win a lot but in the big game Ray brings it like few CFL QBs have. It's nice to win a lot but even BLM would likely tell you he would trade it to win when it mattered.
The guy is 1-2 in Grey Cups.  Of course he would love to be 3-0, but you can't win em all.  Calvillo lost a bunch of GC's too, but I'd take him over Ricky Ray.   Who knows, maybe BLM ends his career 5-2 in Grey Cup games.  I don't know why everyone is so quick to forget how damn good he is.  

dcmoses

Only those weak on football knowledge or just sprinkle dust fans would give either Jorden, Mitchell or Dickenson a pass on yesterday's game. Huff is a superior mind and sideline statue than Dickenson, totally agree. But even Huff doesn't quite measure up to Marc Trestman as a head coach. Closer than Dickenson but not at Trestman levels. Actually no one in the CFL is at Marc Trestman levels!
If Trestman had longer in the league I would give him a shot at Buono's all time wins record. At 61 I think it's out of his reach but he could add to his Grey Cup count. I'm glads he's an Argo and not back with the Als.

Users Online

92 Guests, 21 Users (21 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
hairyarm, Palmer, Hammertown Proud, FootbalYouBet, Balticfox, TravelPat1, sth1988, rshmglsky, VICIOUSCIRCLE, P-Cat, Wildcat42, prairiewolf77, forgottenrebel, JimmytheGreek, mycko75, alphamale111, RedandWhite, Dr.Whiskey, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (13)

Most Online Today: 187. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)