Lyle B. Style

Question is , when will BLM be off to the NFL ?

Not sure what his contract is, but there is water cooler talk, he would love to be back home in Houston.
If there's any hint of BLM heading south you can bet your bippy Huff will purchase a paddle in the James Franklin auction!

Down side of BLM is he's barely 6'0", and while he's amazing at going thru all his reads to find open men - and he's well above average bouncing off a hot pocket he may not have the power/strength in his arm to hit those tight 8 to 15 yard windows that successful NFL QBs have to hit. He'd be a superior backup in most organizations to be sure. Backing up Rodgers would be his best bet - other than arm strength pretty similar styles - Packers wouldn't have to change their playbook if BLM entered a game!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

cflisthebest

BLM has already stated he wants to stay in Calgary.
A Proud member of the Rider Nation!

jonny24eh

It would be crazy to trade Collaros without seeing what he can do with a reset team.

If they do that, I'm giving up my tickets for a year.
The poster formerly known as jonny24.

Eat\'em raw!

CFLFanMM

Based on his messed up season thus far in Montreal - Dari Durant's value as a CFL backup is either "Pass" or "Under $140k + performance bonuses". Signing DD Shotputz at anything over $200k is pure folly - but then again, some idiot out east is still paying Poo Willy over $350k for bupkiss!
Nobody is paying Willy $350,000. He was cut from Toronto. He was not under contract after being cut and was left unsigned for over a month. His contract from Winnipeg, picked up by Toronto became void.
Then Montreal signed him as a #3  and you can bet his contract is nowhere near $350,000.

I can't see any team investing $500,000 in Collaros. He's not a FA..been on the trade market for awhile. The trade deadline has now past. So Hammy may just cut him. Letting him be free to sign anywhere at a reduced number.
Is Masoli a free agent?   If so the Ticats are not going to give him a big contract when they have Collaros collecting a big salary.
They may not have a choice but to let Masoli go and hope that Collaros regains his form.

sth1988

It would be crazy to trade Collaros without seeing what he can do with a reset team.

If they do that, I'm giving up my tickets for a year.
I can't see Hamilton going into next year with Collaros, Masoli and Manziel.  Sombody is going to end up in Toronto.

project.legacy

At his age and at this point in his career I don't see Bo Levi Mitchell going anywhere, seem s pretty happy in Calgary.

As for Hamilton's situation, zero chance that Collaros stays with his current salary, he either renegotiates his contract, gets traded or outright released. By all accounts, the Hamilton brain trust are very high on Manziel, so resigning Masoli and signing Manziel looks to be in the Hammer's future.

We could see a lot of QB moves this off season, so that should be interesting. As an Argo fan, I'm interested to see what the Argos end up doing, Ray's near the end and they don't see to have the "next guy" right now, that may have, but until they play who knows. I just hope it's not Matthews or Bethel Thompson.

brihind88

BLM has already stated he wants to stay in Calgary.
Watching the Cats - Stamps game, I now see why BLM likes and wants to stay in Calgary.

He played for SMU Mustangs.

Same logo on the helmet.

Now I get it.

GHT120

Is Masoli a free agent?   If so the Ticats are not going to give him a big contract when they have Collaros collecting a big salary.
They may not have a choice but to let Masoli go and hope that Collaros regains his form.
CFL contracts are written on toilet paper, so the Ti-Cats can flush Collaros' contract come the off-season and owe him nada.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Mark

Ticats hire Manziel and this 55 year fan (started following them when we came to Canada in '62) may just start cheering for the Argos. Seriously. Love the CFL. Hate the Argos but I think that the TiCat management is brain dead.

I think that Collaros gets released because all the other clubs will wait for that. Argos would be smart to go for Bridge. Montreal tries for Franklin and fails.

Users Online

98 Guests, 4 Users (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Hamilton2005, PacoAls2017, ExPat, dcmoses, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 140. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)