Grover

Neg list rule

https://cfldb.ca/faq/rosters/#what-is-a-cfl-neg-list

Players can notify the league of the negotiation window and if a contract offer is not received within 10 days, the player is removed from the team's neg list. If a fair contract offer is received, but rejected, the player is removed from the list one year from the offer date.

The TiCats can make a fair first contract offer of around $100K/yr for 2 years(1+1club option) and hold his rights for another 12 months from the offer date if he doesn't accept or they could trade his rights to the highest bidder

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

tangledweb

Collaros needs to be traded before the Cats can sign Manziel.
Not if the Cats release Collaros outright as player contracts are not guaranteed.
Ridding themselves of the $540,000 tied up with the now relegated backup may help towards  Manziel's salary if they are truly interested.
Perhaps the Cats have faith in a Masoli/Manziel tandem to lead the team going forward.
The club may also have a trade deal imminent for Collaros or the rights to Manziel to one of the teams currently battling QB injuries.

Aerial

Masoli is the real deal IMHO in Hamilton.  Collaros, don't know all about him with that contract and his injuries.  I'd try and get rid of him IMHO and take their losses, he's done.  Hey I like him but I don't think he's made out for pro football and mainly because of his body, his mind is great, but with his injuries, he's a scared chicken now, donzo.  But the Cats with their stupid decisions over the past few years, signed him for some stupid contract.  Stupid but that's how the org works because, well because....
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Grover

Not if the Cats release Collaros outright as player contracts are not guaranteed.
Ridding themselves of the $540,000 tied up with the now relegated backup may help towards  Manziel's salary if they are truly interested.
Perhaps the Cats have faith in a Masoli/Manziel tandem to lead the team going forward.
The club may also have a trade deal imminent for Collaros or the rights to Manziel to one of the teams currently battling QB injuries.
Collaros is in his 6th CFL season, after his 9th game this year his contract was guaranteed for the remainder of this season 

tangledweb

Collaros is in his 6th CFL season, after his 9th game this year his contract was guaranteed for the remainder of this season
Well according to Matthew Scianitti, the Cats have paid the bulk of Collaros's 2017 salary already leaving approx $125,000 remaining...although he stated this tidbit the week before the Ottawa game so the balance owing to Collaros could be closer to $100,000 give or take at the moment.

Either way, the Cats have little time to decide whether Zach or Manziel will be in their plans for the future.
This town (i.e. CAP) ain't big enough for the two of them...one has got to go.

tangledweb

David William Naylor@TSNDaveNaylor
More than $$$, sticky issue between Ticats and Manziel could be length of contract. Ham may want to go beyond the two-year minimum. #CFL

Preisst

Per an ESPN source today states that talks between the Cats and Manziel are still ongoing.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20519200/eager-play-cfl-johnny-manziel-continuing-talks-hamilton-tiger-cats

As an armchair GM/coach, I feel that the TiCats would be better off pursuing Kaepernick who is still on their neg list and achieved success as a pro while playing as recently as this past January...unlike Manziel who's been out of football for a couple years, had numerous incidents with the Law (including domestic abuse) and was a mitigated disaster as a first round pick.

Kaepenick even sported a nifty 16TD - 4INT ratio just this past season, although his "crime" of kneeling during the anthem is considered worse than murder for many fans and pundits alike essentially nullifying his NFL career.

Signing Kaepernick would make far more sense than the wayward and unproven Manziel..but the Cats clearly disagree which is certainly their prerogative.
For all we know the Ti-Cats were more interested in Kaepernick and for all we know he maybe flat out told them he has absolutely NO interest in coming to the CFL.......

edit - I've done a bit more reading since I first posted this and while I do not know these to be facts I have read that Hamilton has dropped him from their neg list AND that his agent flat out stated that he has no interest at all in coming to the CFL.....
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

Chestmaster

Masoli is the real deal IMHO in Hamilton.  Collaros, don't know all about him with that contract and his injuries.  I'd try and get rid of him IMHO and take their losses, he's done.  Hey I like him but I don't think he's made out for pro football and mainly because of his body, his mind is great, but with his injuries, he's a scared chicken now, donzo.  But the Cats with their stupid decisions over the past few years, signed him for some stupid contract.  Stupid but that's how the org works because, well because....
Of the qbs mentioned in this thread with mental issues I'd stay with Collaros. Zach has a hurdle to get over. The others are just mental. 
Posted using the new Blackberry Keyone

brianjoxx

aulcee

1-Is there any word that he has straightened out his life?If he hasn't done so,do you really want him?
2- There is no way you parachute a player in here mid-season and drop him into a lineup.You would be talking guaranteed wins for the opposition.
3- ITS been a while since I've thought about him but didn't he have huge questions about his ability regardless of his off field antics.

-Hammer-

It kills me we are still talking about this guy. He's washed up, didn't cut it when the Cats worked him out and is carrying baggage which you'd think the team would be trying to avoid after the Briles debacle.

Cut him loose, I doubt anyone else is going to bite on him.

Les Tigre-Chats de Hamilton -
Je suppose que vous pouvez battre des couleurs

pikk

I am a fan of Masoli, but when you are throwing a little over 50%, it is not going to last.

CatsFaninOttawa

It kills me we are still talking about this guy. He's washed up, didn't cut it when the Cats worked him out and is carrying baggage which you'd think the team would be trying to avoid after the Briles debacle.

Given that they didn't drop him from their neg list, I'm thinking they still saw him as having potential with the team. So perhaps "washed up" isn't quite accurate. Carrying baggage, however, sounds right. But the potential is still there, and if (big if) he has or can get his head on straight, then he could be a great signing.

Aerial

This guy is donzo, the guy is a total loser.

Preisst

Given that they didn't drop him from their neg list, I'm thinking they still saw him as having potential with the team. So perhaps "washed up" isn't quite accurate. Carrying baggage, however, sounds right. But the potential is still there, and if (big if) he has or can get his head on straight, then he could be a great signing.
Either that or see him as a potential asset in which they can at least get something for him.

Most fans know of Popp's love for bringing in "names".......plus Montreal still might have the Popp Hangover effect.

I could see both those teams being interested in him and the Ti-Cats looking at trading his neg rights for at least something rather then just dropping him from their list.

Users Online

221 Guests, 14 Users (20 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
safetyblitz, dcmoses, PTBO Dave, jim43bob, Count Floyd, StampsRock!, rpaege, vampiresquid, GHT120, cheater, Chewbaca1973, Google (20)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)