slimjim2

Report now is Hamilton still interested in signing Johnny Manziel and it is not accurate that the team left the workout with worries 'red flags'.
You're saying that, contrary to what has been reported by reputable news agencies, the team is interested in signing him immediately? And this is based on your inside sources, which contract the inside sources of those reputable news sources?

Must be true, then. Thanks for the info.
Yep that's what they are saying.

Yes, the Tiger-Cats have given Manziel a workout. But, no, they haven’t decided that he’s not ready to resume his football career, due to “too many red flags” or otherwise.
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Tiger-Cats remain extremely interested in Manziel, and the team could still sign him.

http://3downnation.com/2017/08/30/source-tsn-report-johnny-manziel-partially-dead-wrong/

CatsFaninOttawa

Yup. Have heard RGIII and Johnny Manziel were planned to be on the team in the next week. RGIII is weighing his options and Manziel camp has even talked contract.

If Hamilton doesn't bring Manziel up soon, he will be free to go to another team.

Manziel will be in the CFL. No doubt.
I literally just watched Austin on TSN flat out say they are not signing him at this time.
The optimum phrase that Austin said that has me worried is "at this time" . Which implies that they might sign him and/or are thinking of signing him at a later date .  :o
Well, technically "next week" (Action News's words) is not "at this time". So he could still be right. ::)

But yes, they've left him on their neg list, so they obviously are still interested in him, but only if he a) gets back into game shape, and b) gets his head screwed on right. The first is definitely possible. Not sure about the second.

tangledweb

Per an ESPN source today states that talks between the Cats and Manziel are still ongoing.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20519200/eager-play-cfl-johnny-manziel-continuing-talks-hamilton-tiger-cats

As an armchair GM/coach, I feel that the TiCats would be better off pursuing Kaepernick who is still on their neg list and achieved success as a pro while playing as recently as this past January...unlike Manziel who's been out of football for a couple years, had numerous incidents with the Law (including domestic abuse) and was a mitigated disaster as a first round pick.

Kaepenick even sported a nifty 16TD - 4INT ratio just this past season, although his "crime" of kneeling during the anthem is considered worse than murder for many fans and pundits alike essentially nullifying his NFL career.

Signing Kaepernick would make far more sense than the wayward and unproven Manziel..but the Cats clearly disagree which is certainly their prerogative.

pikk

Bring him in. It does not hurt to look. IMO The people running the show are not doing their job if they overlook this guy, because of some whiners on a message board.

sambo42

I wonder how palatable the Manziel signing would have been after the Briles fiasco...

Brass

Have people not seen him play QB?  Or are people just fascinated by the "name" and media over-hype?  He is not a very good QB.  I watched some of his games at Texas A&M, and when he wasn't hitting WIDE OPEN receivers for big scores, he was heaving the ball super high and letting Mike Evans (6-5) out jump the 3 DBs that were covering him (Manziel still threw it with triple coverage).  All of this inflated his stats and the media was all aboard the Manziel hype train.  You have to be accurate to have any success in the CFL and he isn't

tangledweb

David William Naylor @TSNDaveNaylor
Houston Chronicle says Johnny Manziel "might sign with a CFL team soon." I have said the pursuit of Manziel is not dead.
#CFL
[/url][/b]

slimjim2

Have people not seen him play QB?  Or are people just fascinated by the "name" and media over-hype?  He is not a very good QB.  I watched some of his games at Texas A&M, and when he wasn't hitting WIDE OPEN receivers for big scores, he was heaving the ball super high and letting Mike Evans (6-5) out jump the 3 DBs that were covering him (Manziel still threw it with triple coverage).  All of this inflated his stats and the media was all aboard the Manziel hype train.  You have to be accurate to have any success in the CFL and he isn't
Sounds like he would fit in here,  heaving the ball super high and letting tall receivers go up and get it seems to be what most of our QBs are doing.  

Grover

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor

Breaking: Johnny Manziel's representatives have activated the 10-day window that forces the Ticats hand to sign, trade or release  him. #CFL
2:07 PM - 13 Sep 2017

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Grover

@TSNDaveNaylor
  2m2 minutes ago
Not confirmed exactly when Manziel's reps pulled the 10-day clause but it has indeed been pulled. #CFL #Ticats

Mightygoose

@TSNDaveNaylor

Breaking: Johnny Manziel's representatives have activated the 10-day window that forces the Ticats hand to sign, trade or release  him. #CFL
I wonder if there is another team(s) in the mix. Don't mind the move by Manziel's reps. Ti-Cats have seen him enough to determine if they want to sign him or now....*** or get off the pot.

EastVanMark

@TSNDaveNaylor

I wonder if there is another team(s) in the mix. Don't mind the move by Manziel's reps. Ti-Cats have seen him enough to determine if they want to sign him or now....*** or get off the pot.
Pretty much. If this clause was in fact activated, that means Manziel is interested in coming to the CFL and somebody (some team) wants him. 
Things are about to get interesting 

nythril

Can't blame him. BC... Ottawa... sask all had qb injuries this week and this may be his best shot at landing on a team immediately.

Xvys

Collaros needs to be traded before the Cats can sign Manziel.

EastVanMark

If he ends up in Toronto, I call an immediate sellout at BMO for his first game

Users Online

99 Guests, 17 Users (12 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PTBO Dave, GernB, raymarkca, ticats28, heapbag, Iconic SR, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Beam reach, DisplacedCatsFan, Mightygoose, RichardVeilleux, FootbalYouBet, Abendschan, KevinRiley2, Yahoo!, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)