RoaritMatthew

Manziel in a Briles/Jones offense and his connections with Briles and the Big12 means Manziel will now take a closer look at signing with Hamilton.

brihind88

Manziel in a Briles/Jones offense and his connections with Briles and the Big12 means Manziel will now take a closer look at signing with Hamilton.
Nothing more than speculation , but ........

Great, another loser in the CFL.

As if the Cats do not have enough problems.

My heart goes out to every Cat fan out there.

Xvys

I believe that's what this is all about. Making Briles the Asst. Head Coach in Hamilton might make Manziel's signing in the CFL more likely.

TravelPat1

Moot point. Briles isn't coming. 

papazoola

......AND Johnny Manziel most likely won't be coming....Has this league finally hit the wall as far as talent is concerned that we have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for coaches and players...The league has only itself to blame when you look at all of the talent that is creamed off the top in the CFL and it ends up south of the border,,,Was a day when we had our pick of excellent talent (minus the garbage attached) that are no longer available to us...Heck we can't even keep our own super talent from fleeing...I think it's time for our new commish to sit down and have a long talk with the nfl ....I don't know what can be worked out but something has to change because this cannot continue forever...The writing is on the wall for this league's survival.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

ActionNews

Would love to see Manziel in the CFL and I think it will happen. June Jones has rest of season to coach this team to some wins and if he does well an offseason and training camp would do him wonders allowing him to coach his style of offense that the CFL has copied and try to incorporate in their own offensives respectively over the years.

Manziel could come next year or year later and can excel in that offense.

Then again. Jones with Collaros could be something else as well.

sth1988

......AND Johnny Manziel most likely won't be coming....Has this league finally hit the wall as far as talent is concerned that we have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for coaches and players...The league has only itself to blame when you look at all of the talent that is creamed off the top in the CFL and it ends up south of the border,,,Was a day when we had our pick of excellent talent (minus the garbage attached) that are no longer available to us...Heck we can't even keep our own super talent from fleeing...I think it's time for our new commish to sit down and have a long talk with the nfl ....I don't know what can be worked out but something has to change because this cannot continue forever...The writing is on the wall for this league's survival.
Not sure exactly what you mean here.   Money talks so players will look at where they can make the most which is the NFL.   Having said that, there is a type of player that will do well in the Canadian game.  The different in talent level is so small between those playing here and those playing south of the border that it usually comes down to opportunity and timing for the player.  I would love to keep all of the talent the CFL brings in, but that's not going to happen.  We will continue to lose a few players each year, but look at Edmonton.  They lose Darrell Walker and they replace him with other receivers and don't miss a beat. 

The biggest difference in the league now as compared to 30 years ago is the business model.  The commissioner needs to focus on that and maintaining our game.  Our game hasn't been this strong since the 70s.

As for Johnny Manziel..I'm not convinced he really wants to play.  Flutie came up here to play because he loves to play.  If Manziel really wanted to play, he would have signed already.  Actions speak louder than words, and when Manziel was drafted, remember what he did walking up on stage?  Talented beyond belief, but not sure if he's in the game for the right reasons.

CatsFaninOttawa

Ain't happening anytime soon.

Tiger-Cats worked out ex-Browns QB Manziel last week

The Ticats put Manziel through a series of physical and medical tests during their bye week on Aug. 23 and 24, coming away convinced he’s not ready to resume his professional career.

“Too many red flags,” said one source.

Among other concerns, the Ticats were not convinced Manziel is in in game shape or that his off-field regiment is consistent with that of someone dedicated to professional football.

Preisst

Not sure exactly what you mean here.   Money talks so players will look at where they can make the most which is the NFL.   Having said that, there is a type of player that will do well in the Canadian game.  The different in talent level is so small between those playing here and those playing south of the border that it usually comes down to opportunity and timing for the player.  I would love to keep all of the talent the CFL brings in, but that's not going to happen.  We will continue to lose a few players each year, but look at Edmonton.  They lose Darrell Walker and they replace him with other receivers and don't miss a beat.

The biggest difference in the league now as compared to 30 years ago is the business model.  The commissioner needs to focus on that and maintaining our game.  Our game hasn't been this strong since the 70s.

As for Johnny Manziel..I'm not convinced he really wants to play.  Flutie came up here to play because he loves to play.  If Manziel really wanted to play, he would have signed already.  Actions speak louder than words, and when Manziel was drafted, remember what he did walking up on stage?  Talented beyond belief, but not sure if he's in the game for the right reasons.
It's not as easy as Manziel signing if he really wanted to play,  the team signing him also needs to want him and the team with his rights doesn't......
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

ActionNews

Report now is Hamilton still interested in signing Johnny Manziel and it is not accurate that the team left the workout with worries 'red flags'.

brianjoxx

Not sure exactly what you mean here.   Money talks so players will look at where they can make the most which is the NFL.   Having said that, there is a type of player that will do well in the Canadian game.  The different in talent level is so small between those playing here and those playing south of the border that it usually comes down to opportunity and timing for the player.  I would love to keep all of the talent the CFL brings in, but that's not going to happen.  We will continue to lose a few players each year, but look at Edmonton.  They lose Darrell Walker and they replace him with other receivers and don't miss a beat.

The biggest difference in the league now as compared to 30 years ago is the business model.  The commissioner needs to focus on that and maintaining our game.  Our game hasn't been this strong since the 70s.

As for Johnny Manziel..I'm not convinced he really wants to play.  Flutie came up here to play because he loves to play.  If Manziel really wanted to play, he would have signed already.  Actions speak louder than words, and when Manziel was drafted, remember what he did walking up on stage?  Talented beyond belief, but not sure if he's in the game for the right reasons.
or three back. zero x zero still zero

CatsFaninOttawa

Report now is Hamilton still interested in signing Johnny Manziel and it is not accurate that the team left the workout with worries 'red flags'.
You're saying that, contrary to what has been reported by reputable news agencies, the team is interested in signing him immediately? And this is based on your inside sources, which contract the inside sources of those reputable news sources?

Must be true, then. Thanks for the info.

ActionNews

Yup. Have heard RGIII and Johnny Manziel were planned to be on the team in the next week. RGIII is weighing his options and Manziel camp has even talked contract.

If Hamilton doesn't bring Manziel up soon, he will be free to go to another team.

Manziel will be in the CFL. No doubt.

Preisst

Yup. Have heard RGIII and Johnny Manziel were planned to be on the team in the next week. RGIII is weighing his options and Manziel camp has even talked contract.

If Hamilton doesn't bring Manziel up soon, he will be free to go to another team.

I literally just watched Austin on TSN flat out say they are not signing him at this time.

bobo82

I literally just watched Austin on TSN flat out say they are not signing him at this time.
The optimum phrase that Austin said that has me worried is "at this time" . Which implies that they might sign him and/or are thinking of signing him at a later date .  :o
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Users Online

93 Guests, 17 Users (14 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, Mightygoose, schmenger, Taleback, SteelCitySteve, Rider_6, ed ohmnes, dcmoses, bedrock, ArgoT, Cool, 2ez, Lyle B. Style, AlsPal, Stangbang, Yahoo!, Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 144. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)