ro1313

I understand what you are saying Ro.  

Why should the CFL be treated any differently than how broadcasters treat any of their other properties?

Yes you do....but others are giving examples that are completely irrelevant  

Advertizing the NFL during a repeat of the amazing race or advertising the CFL when it is not on, is not the same as advertising a live NFL game during a live CFL game

Why should the CFL be treated any differently than how broadcasters treat any of their other properties?

Sponsors  for one

I buy an ad during a CFL game....and the people I am paying is trying to get people to watch something else...These people will not see my commercials!!!!

Why should I continue to sponsor the CFL?  TV Wise?

But again

Everyone is annoyed that the CFL is not on CTV so that more people can watch....but they have no problem with TSN trying to lure people away to watch the NFL

sambo42

Hmmm... watching Rams/49ers... live game, and a promo for the CFL!!!
Do you not even try to understand what I am saying?

Was there a CFL game on yesterday?  At the same time?

What don't you understand?
It doesn't make a difference... you whine about  the CFL not being promoted during an NFL game, but now it's " well not when the CFL game is on at the same time"... even if the CFL is promoted during an NFL game on at the same time, you still won't be satisfied... I understand, but ignoring the BS...

DAN38

RO, I understand and agree fully with what you are saying and if Sambo is saying you are wrong, then I know for sure you are right..... My only question is what kind of NFL fan needs to watch the CFL to find out an NFL game is on at the same time, and vice versa.

It does seem odd to try to draw a viewer away to some other league or sport though.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

ro1313

Hmmm... watching Rams/49ers... live game, and a promo for the CFL!!!
Do you not even try to understand what I am saying?

Was there a CFL game on yesterday?  At the same time?

What don't you understand?
It doesn't make a difference... you whine about  the CFL not being promoted during an NFL game, but now it's " well not when the CFL game is on at the same time"... even if the CFL is promoted during an NFL game on at the same time, you still won't be satisfied... I understand, but ignoring the BS...
How can you tell me that It doesn't make a difference when it is my Point in the first place

Where do you get off telling me what does and does not make a difference when it is something that bugs me

I complained that TSN advertised NFL during a CFL game!
That is all that matters.....at the same time!

I don't care about the amazing race    I don't care about when the NFL is on and there is no CFL game....AT THE SAME TIME!

That has been my point since MY FIRST POST

I have a problem with TSN advertising an NFL game being played at the same time!

Do you understand now?

sambo42

Yes A CFL promo on the late NFL game while the Stamps/Riders game was on... 

jaybird24

RO, I understand and agree fully with what you are saying and if Sambo is saying you are wrong, then I know for sure you are right..... My only question is what kind of NFL fan needs to watch the CFL to find out an NFL game is on at the same time, and vice versa.

It does seem odd to try to draw a viewer away to some other league or sport though.
Is it odd if TSN 2 has an NFL game and TSN 1 has a CFL game?   I don't think so.
I'm having trouble following some of the logic by posters.   It's not like TSN is advertising a game on another network.   The other night on TSN1 they said the MLS game was starting on TSN3.
Some TSN viewers are NFL fans, some CFL fans and some MLS fans.  

ro1313

You are watching NFL while the the riders are on?

SUUUUUUREEEEEEE  

I pvred it   Didn't see and CFL promo

sambo42

You are watching NFL while the the riders are on?

SUUUUUUREEEEEEE  

I pvred it   Didn't see and CFL promo
You didn't watch very hard then. It was a short one, but it was there.... TSN2, Seattle/Tennessee, I caught it while flipping channels...

ro1313

DAN38

Is it odd if TSN 2 has an NFL game and TSN 1 has a CFL game?   I don't think so.
I'm having trouble following some of the logic by posters.   It's not like TSN is advertising a game on another network.   The other night on TSN1 they said the MLS game was starting on TSN3.
Some TSN viewers are NFL fans, some CFL fans and some MLS fans.  
If you are already watching TSN, why would they try to lure you away to another of their stations ? I'm with RO on this. If they tell me of another game(i don't care which sport) at an upcoming time, I understand. But to try to get me to watch a different game (on their station) when I am already watching one (on their station), seems ridiculous.. All I can figure is that there are some fans that don't know their favourite sport is on TV right now and they happen to be watching a sport that is not their favourite... I know when the CFL is on. I'm a fan.
Maybe I can invent some type of book that people can read to know what is on TV and then we don't need constant advertising even when the game is on. ::)

Users Online

79 Guests, 9 Users (15 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, georgetile, PatLynch, FormerlyTurkish, Beam reach, Hamilton2005, Lennywasout, cheater, jim43bob, Yahoo!, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)