FootbalYouBet

I wish that no CFL teams would sign a player rejected by the NFL for reasons other than on field performance, or NFL prejudices against size or color and such.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

Aerial

So no company should hire someone along the same lines?  Makes no sense.  Apple can't employ someone from Microsoft because at Microsoft they get rid of anyone with some minor charge.   ::)
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

FootbalYouBet

So no company should hire someone along the same lines?  Makes no sense.  Apple can't employ someone from Microsoft because at Microsoft they get rid of anyone with some minor charge.   ::)
ok, if you are talking minor criminal charge not involving Microsoft, then Microsoft would not have had legal grounds to "get rid of" them.

However, if they committed a crime against Microsoft then if I was Apple, I would not want them because I would not think I could trust them.

If they committed a crime so grievous as to justify Microsoft firing them, then I would lean toward not hiring them.

everyman

Who has the CFL recently signed who has been kicked out of the NFL?

FootbalYouBet

Who has the CFL recently signed who has been kicked out of the NFL?
Not sure if anyone signed, but there is always talk of someone like Manziel.

I am sure there have been others over the years.

everyman

But  Manziel has been cleared and can be signed by whomever in the NFL.

I don't think CFL can sign anyone barred from NFL now.

FootbalYouBet

But  Manziel has been cleared and can be signed by whomever in the NFL.

but do they want him.  Not so far.

My point is about being rejected, not actually barred.

everyman

Well I guess we differ here. 
I think you are saying that whoever NFL does not sign or want we shouldn't either.
For someone who won't go to the states you seem to be giving them a lot of authority in our league.

oo DAWG oo

Just about ALL the imports have been "rejected" by the NFL
for 1 reason or another ....

Paolo X

I wish that no CFL teams would sign a player rejected by the NFL for reasons other than on field performance, or NFL prejudices against size or color and such.
I am just not following due to the following reasons:

1) You clarified that you mean not players who are currently barred by the NFL, such as via the "Ricky Williams Rule" or more recently such as those charged with domestic violence who are still dealing with such criminal charges.

2) Taking out also those suffering discrimination or alleged discrimination depending whom you ask, such as Colin Kaepernick, just who does that leave as "rejected" for reasons other than those you cite?

In the case of Manziel or in past years Michael Vick, they've dealt with their criminal issues, so Manziel went through the processes to request NFL and CFL eligibility and has received it. Vick as you might recall applied for reinstatement in the NFL and played a few more seasons.

The only player who meets your strict criteria who comes to mind is Tony Washington, so such players who meet these criteria would seem to be few and far between but I do agree with you.

Best Regards, Paolo

Xvys

A large portion on NFL players are rejected too. The average career length of NFL cornerbacks is 2.9 yrs, receivers 2.8 yrs, running backs 2.5 yrs and overall 3.3 yrs. That's a lot of NFL player turnover every 3.3 years, the entire team on average. The CFL probably gets the cream of NFL rejects...and there's a lot of them!

depopulationINC

but do they want him.  Not so far.

So wait until they do want him and then try to outbid? 

PS, there are teams showing interest, the Patriots being one team kicking the tires.

Vermonter

Make the CIS a mandatory prerequisite. 

The Canadian players that go to the NCAA are too tainted. 

TravelPat1

Make the CIS a mandatory prerequisite.

The Canadian players that go to the NCAA are too tainted.
Huh?

So you want to bar some of the very best Canadian football players from playing in the CFL too? That's beyond absurd. 

Taleback

but do they want him.  Not so far.

So wait until they do want him and then try to outbid?  

PS, there are teams showing interest, the Patriots being one team kicking the tires.
I'm thinking he will end up in either Denver or Phoenix.

Users Online

58 Guests, 0 Users (8 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (8)

Most Online Today: 105. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)