RedandWhite

Or am I not understanding this 'safe havens' rule?
...the way I would police that safe haven rule is this:  if a fan from another team wanted to carry on a  civil and intelligent debate about a topic in another teams room that is allowed...the safe haven rule is to prevent outright flamethrowers from setting a forum on fire...for example:

ALLOWED

Fan #1 of a particular forum:  we have the best team ever
Fan #2 of another team:  I disagree, what do you base your opinion on?
Fan #1: well, our team colours of course, they're the best colours ever
Fan #2:  Hmmm, seems pretty arbitrary, not sure I see the logic with that

NOT ALLOWED

Fan #1: we have the best team ever
Fan #2: hardy har hardly, your butthead team has acne!

..that's the distinction I would try to discern...there are lots of discussions in other teams forums where good debate is carried on...

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

RedandWhite

Riders Fan for example - feelings of being judged? - just came to mind for this Roughrider Fan :(
...when rider fan (not you in particular, just your fellow watermelonheads) continually tell the rest of the league fans they are Canada's Team, the #1 fan base regardless of geographic location and the very reason the league is still alive then, by default, they also become the go-to scapegoat for all CFL related narratives requiring a villian...sorry, that's just the way it goes ;)

Abendschan

Riders Fan for example - feelings of being judged? - just came to mind for this Roughrider Fan :(
...when rider fan (not you in particular, just your fellow watermelonheads) continually tell the rest of the league fans they are Canada's Team, the #1 fan base regardless of geographic location and the very reason the league is still alive then, by default, they also become the go-to scapegoat for all CFL related narratives requiring a villian...sorry, that's just the way it goes ;)
Thanks RedandWhite all cool.

RedandWhite

(the winky face means I was joking, I have no idea why TPB singled out rider fans)

TravelPat1

Thanks for the reply guys. I appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Beaglehound did ask me if I'm OK with cross posting so if you don't mind I will answer that.

Yes - absolutely I am OK with cross posting and indeed have done it many times myself. And often as a result have had threads started by me with great participation on both the league board and on the team board - with in many cases several unique posters to each thread.

And the reason for that -as I've tried to explain - there are several posters who do NOT go to other teams boards posts and many active posters to the Ti-Cats board who rarely go to the league board instead accessing their own team's forum through the 'Forum' link on the Ti-Cats website or by bookmark. .  

Therefore to only allow a post on one or the other is immediately limiting the participation level for that topic. And I would think the last thing we should be doing is that - limiting the amount of discussion and participation.  

FootbalYouBet

Beaglehound did ask me if I'm OK with cross posting so if you don't mind I will answer that.

Yes - absolutely I am OK with cross posting...
never post while angry
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

PTBO Dave

Yes - absolutely I am OK with cross posting...
never post while angry
Had to think about that one, but . . .  :D

beaglehound

TravelPat,

Before we bring this subject to a close I do need to say something...

You stated, "Beaglehound did ask me if I'm OK with cross posting so if you don't mind I will answer that."

Please do not misquote me in future.   At no time in this discussion did I ask you if you were okay with cross posting.  

I said, "In your opinion you are okay with cross posting." Big difference!  So...why give a lengthy answer to a question that was not asked?  You simply put it that way as a segue to express your personal opinions about cross posting because you don't agree with our reasons for trying to discourage it.

This is not a forum for debates and discussions on the merits of the rules and guidelines by which we all follow nor was it intended to be used to vent which is what you did in your opening post.  It is a forum where members are welcome to post their suggestions.  You have done so,
you would like to see cross posting.  We get it.  

Thank you for you suggestion.  We will pass it onto the administration.  It is time now to move on.   I for one do not wish to discuss this with you any further TravelPat because that is  not the purpose of this thread. :)

FootbalYouBet

I have noticed that when inside a topic, there is a jump to that allows to jump to another forum.

However, this jump to doesn't seem to be inside the sub forums so that one can jump from one forum to another

is this on purpose?

unless I am missing something, I would like to see season totals per player for points, yards from scrimmage and all purpose yards.

Perhaps where you choose offense, defense, or special teams under Category, there could be a forth choice, other, or misc, or something like that.
any feedback on these two things??

everyman

Any thoughts on whether you should stop the ability of being able to edit and change another posters statement when they quote it? And then state proudly..."fixed  it for you". Doesn't seem right.

letsgoticats

Can the rules be altered or loosened to allow some local content on the team boards?  I just tried to create a Hamilton Bulldogs thread on the Ticat board, but it got moved to the Other Sports board where very few Ticat fans/Hamiltonians venture.  I know it's "Off-Topic", but I'd think we could make a few exceptions for local sports discussion to stay on the team board.  

Edit: I see this was already brought up on the last page of this thread and the idea was shut down.  Nevermind then  :(

PTBO Dave

Can the rules be altered or loosened to allow some local content on the team boards?  I just tried to create a Hamilton Bulldogs thread on the Ticat board, but it got moved to the Other Sports board where very few Ticat fans/Hamiltonians venture.  I know it's "Off-Topic", but I'd think we could make a few exceptions for local sports discussion to stay on the team board.  

Edit: I see this was already brought up on the last page of this thread and the idea was shut down.  Nevermind then  :(.
We're trying to keep each board for its given purpose. We don't want folks coming for Tiger-Cats talk to have to wade through a bunch on unrelated threads. 

Even though one or two of these threads in the CFL off-season probably wouldn't hurt too much, they can snowball from one or two to the extent that football fans are driven off.

letsgoticats

Edit: I see this was already brought up on the last page of this thread and the idea was shut down.  Nevermind then  :(.
We're trying to keep each board for its given purpose. We don't want folks coming for Tiger-Cats talk to have to wade through a bunch on unrelated threads.

Even though one or two of these threads in the CFL off-season probably wouldn't hurt too much, they can snowball from one or two to the extent that football fans are driven off.
Fair enough.

I guess my other suggestion would involve site re-design, and finding a way to direct people from the Ticat board to the main boards.  Right now, if you come to the forums through ticats.ca (the way most Hamilton fans do), the link takes you straight to the Ticat board.  There's no real intuitive way to get back to the main board.  

PTBO Dave

Fair enough.

I guess my other suggestion would involve site re-design, and finding a way to direct people from the Ticat board to the main boards.  Right now, if you come to the forums through ticats.ca (the way most Hamilton fans do), the link takes you straight to the Ticat board.  There's no real intuitive way to get back to the main board.  
Good point. I wasn't aware of that. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it more intuitive.

I just had a look, and there are three ways to get to the main board from each team board:

1. click on where it says CFL Forums in the upper left, 2. click on the Tiger-Cats logo at the left of the header, and 3. click on Home beside that logo.

I don't know why we have those 3 ways. It seems to me the Tiger-Cats logo should link to their website, and maybe the Home text should link to the CFL.ca main site, and leave the CFL Forums text to link to the Forum main page?

Any ideas for a clearer layout in that regards?

CFL Pete

The forum is an important medium for educated fans and is well operated.  Kudos on the fine work.

Users Online

88 Guests, 14 Users (10 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Oskie18, habcat, pdson2, cahoonrules86, ExPat, mycko75, Mightygoose, Hamilton2005, schmenger, Rick16, Cool, Grover, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 152. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)