5 (10.4%)
Other...
16.7%
8 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: Apr 22 2017, 01:22 AM

sambo42

Quote from: sambo42
After watching Lulay's performance on the weekend, I wonder why the Riders didn't try to arrange a trade with the Lions... he certainly can still play... but we had to waste time with a guy who hadn't played in 6 yrs, not know the CFL game, and got injured before the 1st pre-season game... but according to some it was worth the shot to call up a has been, and not even the first choice has been... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->  <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Maybe they did.   Why on earth would the Lions have traded him? 

Please explain in detail exactly what the Roughriders lost in bringing Young in for a look.  As a reminder to you I didn't think it was a great idea and expected him to not succeed but don't see what the harm was in doing so.

btw - I've meant to ask you before which CFL team you cheer for and was wondering why you have a Roughrider logo for an avatar?

Just because I am  a bit more critical of the Riders than you are, doesn't mean I don't want to see them win... and for those who are getting excited about Bridge's performance last night, it was in garbage time and the Lions had the game well in hand, the results might not have the same if the game was on the line... and if the Riders had executed and scored on the short yardage attempt, you can bet Glenn might have gone back into the game. Again Young wasn't even the Riders' first choice to bring an ex-NFL QB... they wanted Vick, so Jones was desperate enough to reach out to Young? C'mon... drafting and developing a QB is what is more prudent... not just a starter, but a back-up as well... everyone keeps saying it isn't costing the Riders anything, but it is... long term depth at the most important position on the field... wasting a roster spot on washed up ex-NFL QB is not the answer. My solution is to find college QBs who are suited the CFL game and develop them... in the short term its more painful, but in the long term, a good starter and capable back up will pay dividends... and scrambling for older, washed up QBs will be a thing of the past.

I have heard that Young may make his way back to Regina, so we might just see how "beneficial" it is having him take a roster spot...

Grover

Reinebold replaced today

Ticats set to shuffle coaching staff
Posted on August 7, 2017 by Drew Edwards // 0 Comments
The Ticats are set to shuffle their coaching staff, including a change at defensive coordinator.
Defensive coordinator Jeff Reinebold, who has been with head coach Kent Austin for his entire four-plus seasons in Hamilton, will be replaced by linebackers coach Phillip Lolley.
Reinebold took over the defence this season after spending four years as special teams coordinator but his unit has struggled so far this season. They are last in the CFL in points allowed (39.0 per game), net offence allowed (460 yards) and yards per play (7.5) among others. The Ticats are 0-6 on the season
Reinebold may with remain with the club in some capacity, including working with new assistant head coach June Jones.

Lolley, joined the Ticats this season after spending three years with Chris Jones in both Saskatchewan and Edmonton. Before coming to the CFL, the 63-year-old Alabama native spent more than a decade with the Auburn Tigers of the NCAA as both a defensive coach and front office staff member.
http://3downnation.com/2017/08/07/ticats-set-shuffle-coaching-staff/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

brianjoxx

OHHHH!!! But, the evil empire in the land of that giant shopping center, decided to do even better. They fired their GM Hervey in April. IN APRIL!

April fools it was not! Yes, the draft is but a few weeks away, and the Esks have no GM. Sounds like a plan

GET real tinker.  Think Jason Moss and his coaching staff are Dumb!!! They make most of the decision on players
or draft picks as a group. Won't loss a step. Good team players and coaches for sure.

Ed Who!!! Big Big Draft coming where 8 players may make CFL as back ups.

WELL!!!     Won't loss a step. Good team players and coaches for sure.

Aerial

Haven't read through this thread much to be honest but it seems the RBs not having Burris back as starting QB is the worst offseason move IMHO.  Hard to argue with that albeit the Ottawa situation is complicated and I realize they haven't lost by that many points in their losses. But Harris might not be what people thought he was and speaking as a leader here.  He has the talent no question.  Other personnel issues with the RBs from what I understand.

TiCats should resign Burris asap come to think of it.  Austin is spinning his wheels though, I don't think the man has a clue what he is doing there, er here, in the Hammer.  8)
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Preisst

Just because I am  a bit more critical of the Riders than you are, doesn't mean I don't want to see them win... and for those who are getting excited about Bridge's performance last night, it was in garbage time and the Lions had the game well in hand, the results might not have the same if the game was on the line... and if the Riders had executed and scored on the short yardage attempt, you can bet Glenn might have gone back into the game. Again Young wasn't even the Riders' first choice to bring an ex-NFL QB... they wanted Vick, so Jones was desperate enough to reach out to Young? C'mon... drafting and developing a QB is what is more prudent... not just a starter, but a back-up as well... everyone keeps saying it isn't costing the Riders anything, but it is... long term depth at the most important position on the field... wasting a roster spot on washed up ex-NFL QB is not the answer. My solution is to find college QBs who are suited the CFL game and develop them... in the short term its more painful, but in the long term, a good starter and capable back up will pay dividends... and scrambling for older, washed up QBs will be a thing of the past.

I have heard that Young may make his way back to Regina, so we might just see how "beneficial" it is having him take a roster spot...
1st bold - I'm not sure you are more critical of them then I am.  I really didn't think you were a Roughrider fan. If you are my mistake and apologies.
2nd bold - that is my solution as well.  I am finding it a bit frustrating that we can't seem to be able to accomplish this.
As for the rest of your post I don't disagree BUT we brought Young in,  he didn't make it and he is now in the rear view mirror. End result = nothing lost.  If he would have torn it up,  which I didn't think he would,  we would have been the victors because of it. End result = nothing lost.
You don't like to take risks,  I do.   End result = nothing lost.
btw - I'm not sold that the Riders wanted Vick and I would also say if I had my druthers we never would have brought Young in either BUT the fact they did is not a huge issue to me and certainly didn't deserve the childish ridicule that certain posters tried to create about it.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

brianjoxx

Haven't read through this thread much to be honest but it seems the RBs not having Burris back as starting QB is the worst offseason move IMHO.  Hard to argue with that albeit the Ottawa situation is complicated and I realize they haven't lost by that many points in their losses. But Harris might not be what people thought he was and speaking as a leader here.  He has the talent no question.  Other personnel issues with the RBs from what I understand.

TiCats should resign Burris asap come to think of it.  Austin is spinning his wheels though, I don't think the man has a clue what he is doing there, er here, in the Hammer.  8)

NOT EVEN WORTH COMMENT,Play old Burris and give up on future team players;
Burris is second string at BEST!!!!!!!!!!! Ouch take a step backwards.

Johnny Ticat slayer

If Johnny was doing the poll today, he would add 2 other possibilities:

-The Als hiring Kavis Reed as GM.

-Kavis Reed signing Darian Durant for 400k per season.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

The Last Word

Hiring Kavis Reed as GM was a puzzling move.  He was a failed head coach and had been demoted to special teams.  I'm not sure if he has the savvy or connections down south to bring in a steady stream of quality international players on a consistent basis.

Taleback

Well, at this point it has to be giving Durant 400 plus.

depopulationINC

I'm in the thinking that the 400 was not an issue...it was the fact it is not really performance based and half plus upfront per.  Seems one side kinda nailed negotiations before he was traded

Kavis is a putz

tony

I would say Kavis as the GM for giving DD that contract.
Plus assembling the roster.

depopulationINC

Hard to argue.

Kavis walked into a really really bad spot.  I don't know if anyone would have much success in that situation.  I even liked some of his moves early on....but he is just a hot mess.

Johnny Ticat slayer

slimjim2

In hindsight that has to be the worst off season move.   
You have to feel for Ernest Jackson,  so many big plays for Ottawa and clutch catches for them over the past two seasons but he's not a factor for the Als.   
It goes to prove that no matter how great you are as a receiver if you don't have someone to throw you the ball you aren't going to make too many catches........ :(

tony

Hard to argue.

Kavis walked into a really really bad spot.  I don't know if anyone would have much success in that situation.  I even liked some of his moves early on....but he is just a hot mess.
Do not think he walked into it. He has ben around the organization for the past couple of seasons.
Unless he had his eyes closed (which based on what we are witnessing is entirely possible) he should have known what he was getting himself into.

Users Online

99 Guests, 14 Users (14 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
sth1988, batkinson001, bohdon, KevinRiley2, letsgoticats, Slomojo2005, toddstattoo, Rick16, brihind88, brianjoxx, djrobertson2017, Dr.Whiskey, xlnt, Yahoo!, Google (12), Alexa

Most Online Today: 152. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)