CatsFaninOttawa

It kills me we are still talking about this guy. He's washed up, didn't cut it when the Cats worked him out and is carrying baggage which you'd think the team would be trying to avoid after the Briles debacle.

Cut him loose, I doubt anyone else is going to bite on him.
Given that they didn't drop him from their neg list, I'm thinking they still saw him as having potential with the team. So perhaps "washed up" isn't quite accurate. Carrying baggage, however, sounds right. But the potential is still there, and if (big if) he has or can get his head on straight, then he could be a great signing.
Either that or see him as a potential asset in which they can at least get something for him.

Most fans know of Popp's love for bringing in "names".......plus Montreal still might have the Popp Hangover effect.

I could see both those teams being interested in him and the Ti-Cats looking at trading his neg rights for at least something rather then just dropping him from their list.
Could be. So now any team interested in him has a decision to make. Give up something to the Ticats for exclusive negotiation rights, or wait the ten days and hope no other team is looking to sign him.

Preisst

Could be. So now any team interested in him has a decision to make. Give up something to the Ticats for exclusive negotiation rights, or wait the ten days and hope no other team is looking to sign him.
Or the Ti-Cats could offer him the league minimum which the league has already declared is what they consider a fair offer. 

In this case the Ticats maintain their neg rights and the other team still has to come to the table with an asset exchange offer.   Ticats still at least get something for him rather then losing him outright. [which in effect is the same as the first option you mentioned]
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

CatsFaninOttawa

Or the Ti-Cats could offer him the league minimum which the league has already declared is what they consider a fair offer.  

In this case the Ticats maintain their neg rights and the other team still has to come to the table with an asset exchange offer.   Ticats still at least get something for him rather then losing him outright. [which in effect is the same as the first option you mentioned]
Unless Manziel takes a chance that the Ticats are playing him, and accepts the minimum contract, and then refuses to go on the injury list. That would force the Ticats to either put him on their active roster right away or cut him.

Mark

I would NOT have believed it. "Matthew's Dad" returns under a slightly changed name - rising from the dead - posts some 'news' and it goes to 4 pages.

He's gonna' HAVE to come up with more exciting stuff than this to get everyone to call him out immediately.  Where has the outrageous originality gone?

Paolo X

Sure there are many questions on Masoli, but Manziel is not the future in Hamilton.

Manziel was yet another player built up by the likes of mostly ESPN in the US after his college success only to be left to be torn down like most hyped-up college stars turning pro. ESPN builds these "officially" unpaid guys up first and foremost for sake of their primary agenda to promote college football given that ESPN has not been a force for promotion of the NFL since about 2007 or so.

Guys who make it largely on talent at the college level learn a very hard lesson when they turn pro, for every player in the NFL indeed is talented too at minimum.

As arrogant as Manziel was I would not put his fall as much on the ESPN hype machine that surrounded him as I would for some other high-profile college players who failed at the next level.

Manziel also made consistently poor choices off the field throughout college that one playing pro football cannot get away with for long and for which one does not have corrupt local college town police to cover. Manziel came from an influential and wealthy family in Texas too mind you.

It would be great to see him or most anyone down in life make a comeback all the same, but I sure would bet against it should he even make a roster in the CFL. Most people don't change who they are that quickly if at all.
Best Regards, Paolo

EastVanMark

It kills me we are still talking about this guy. He's washed up, didn't cut it when the Cats worked him out and is carrying baggage which you'd think the team would be trying to avoid after the Briles debacle.

Cut him loose, I doubt anyone else is going to bite on him.
So much for the theory of no one wanting him. As reported by CBC; "The Johnny Manziel saga has taken an unusual twist with multiple CFL teams interested in securing exclusive negotiating rights to the former Heisman Trophy winner"

papazoola

Teams rumoured to be interested in Manziel....T.O....Sask. and Mont......Apparently a couple of teams are willing to trade rights to other neg. listers and or picks, according to the media..
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

brianjoxx

Teams rumoured to be interested in Manziel....T.O....Sask. and Mont......Apparently a couple of teams are willing to trade rights to other neg. listers and or picks, according to the media..
As reported by CBC!!!!!!!!!! Rumored. Maybe, almost for sure.
Rumored South Forks Bulldogs interested, Maybe!!! As reported.
Also Winston Tigers may be interested, so lots of action, maybe?

Xvys

After reading this article, I realize why so many teams want to make Johnny the face of their franchise:

The Fight to Save Johnny Manziel from All-Out Self-Destruction

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/10/the-fight-to-save-johnny-manziel-from-self-destruction

CatsFaninOttawa

This statement from the article gives me more pause that any of the partying rumours:

And Manziel wasn’t joking about his difficulty learning the Browns playbook; at A&M he hadn’t used one, instead perusing a brief game plan for each contest.
I'm guessing that his high school didn't have much of a playbook either. So even if he straightens out his life, does he have the ability to learn a complex playbook?

Users Online

144 Guests, 14 Users (7 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MtnCat, Grover, Mightygoose, Iconic SR, KevinRiley2, JoeyT, PTBO Dave, AlsPal, prairiewolf77, bohdon, REmmett, sully, Yahoo!, Google (6)

Most Online Today: 207. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)