EastVanMark

Does this mean Jim Popp is going back to the sidelines again?  ;D   ;D 

Seriously though, th Als are a dumpster fire right now. 

Lyle B. Style

Lordy Lyle Bauer might actually be an improvement on this crap show!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

PTBO Dave

How ready is Calvillo to step into a HC position? Too soon? It would certainly be a good PR move if he is ready.

Maybe he could hire Johnny as a publicist.

dcmoses

For all that they are a gong show they are the only team in the east to recognize that 2 points out of a playoff spot and 3 points out of first is not a good thing when your record is 3-8. What does it say about Ottawa or Hamilton. Argos get a pass for now as this is season one with the new staff.

And we had to start a thread to discuss why the west is better than the east?

sth1988

Yowza.
Gong...show there.
Guess Kavis takes over and finds Stubler as DC now.

Who would ever take over that job there?
Kavis Reed is a slippery fella. Good talker...preacher even.

Sounds like a mutiny.

This team is on a precarious slope. American owner. Losing money. No assets...no ownership in stadium...no identity. Folded twice before. Dropping attendance in a hockey only Montreal market..behind soccer now. Makes Argos look stable.

Could be back to 8 teams sooner rather than not
You think they're folding?  Montreal fans are with you win or tie.....Once they turn it around they'll be back.  Nobody is folding....sheesh!

Taleback

For all that they are a gong show they are the only team in the east to recognize that 2 points out of a playoff spot and 3 points out of first is not a good thing when your record is 3-8. What does it say about Ottawa or Hamilton. Argos get a pass for now as this is season one with the new staff.

Is it just me or did I read somewhere that Hamilton actually has changed their head coach.

Lyle B. Style

Bleep it or not Mike O'Shea is now the 2nd longest serving head coach in the league!!!

depopulationINC

Gong show indeed and this is a by-product of ownership getting too involved in the football ops IMO....the Buffalo Bills of the CFL

So yes, it will be tough to find some stability until the Wettenal family takes a step back here.

No chance they'll fold. There's been local interest in buying the team but they're not for sale...that's part of the problem.
Oh ...is there known local interest in buying? Who is that?
Ownership gas touted "not for sale" to interested parties....they want to win.

dcmoses

Is it just me or did I read somewhere that Hamilton actually has changed their head coach.
Did you read the story and not just the headline? Are you aware that it was the form coach who removed himself and is still very much running the show in Steeltown. But don't let facts get your way.

depopulationINC

How ready is Calvillo to step into a HC position? Too soon? It would certainly be a good PR move if he is ready.

Well, he is the QB coach now and was OC last season...would you promote him based on that?

Wondering about a guy like Mark Kilam...but guessing premier candidates pass on Kavis.

dcmoses

Well, he is the QB coach now and was OC last season...would you promote him based on that?

Wondering about a guy like Mark Kilam...but guessing premier candidates pass on Kavis.
I would wait. Throw him in the fire now and he doesn't turn the team around his career in Montreal is done. Take the time to develop him before throwing him to the wolves.

Aerial

Take the time, no question.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Taleback

Did you read the story and not just the headline? Are you aware that it was the form coach who removed himself and is still very much running the show in Steeltown. But don't let facts get your way.
Sorry dude. the way I read it You were disin Hamilton and Toronto for not changing their coaches with such a poor record.

ro1313

Chapdelaine was a PR move

dcmoses

Sorry dude. the way I read it You were disin Hamilton and Toronto for not changing their coaches with such a poor record.
Not Toronto. You have to give Popp and Trestman 2 seasons to turn it around. The Cats I don't see as having done anything since Austin appears to be the problem and he still runs the football side just not the sideline. Personally I think Austin has lost the players and just stepping back from coaching is not going to fix it.

It just amazes me that if you only listened to the interviews and soundbites you would never know the east teams are all in the league basement. They talk just like Calgary/Edmonton/Winnipeg.

Users Online

154 Guests, 13 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, prairiewolf77, REmmett, Mightygoose, JoeyT, sully, bohdon, raymarkca, Iconic SR, dcmoses, FenderGuy69, BillyDee87, pikk, Yahoo!, Google (9), Baidu

Most Online Today: 207. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)