Hank01

CONN - Yankee

Was that 5 to 10 million over 3 years or 5 to 10 million a year for 3 years for what should  be asked of ESPN getting US broadcast rights .
5 to 10 million for 3 years.
It can be done.
Mr.Ambrosie has to outsource the negotiation.(See my previous post)
 That is fair and reasonable .

Connecticut Yankee

http://img.com/  
subsidiary of wme https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Morris_Endeavor
own PBR and UFC.They can open doors to Brands/Advertisers/Corporate that the league would
not be able to do on its own.Think MLSE buying the Argos(that was emphasized as a key benefit to
them).

None of which proves that American football fans, networks, websites or advertisers are clamouring for the CFL.
pw13,

Just two quick questions?

What, in your opinion, is the expected amount of money that the CFL should get in 2021 for the domestic(global) media rights? The global rights(no geo-fencing)would be a requirement to complete the deal.Please consider that there would added potential bidders looking to enter the Canadian market to compete with Bell/Rogers.Examples would include Amazon, DAZN, Facebook, Apple, Alibaba, Tencent, Comcast, AT&T (Turner), Liberty Media, and Netflix.

If the CFL was approached by a private equity firm/Media entity(WME/IMG as an example) offering, say the sum of 200 million dollars for an equity stake of 20%/ plus voting privileges on CFL BOG. Should the league take it? The capital would be directed to improve resources for the league in terms of infrastructure/marketing/player pay.This would involve no US expansion/rules changes. If not why?

brianjoxx

CFL will become a part of NFL as a developmental league. Its in the cards.

KevinRiley2

I don't believe $10M/yr is the ceiling.

If MLS can get $90M/yr, the CFL should be able to get more than $10M.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

pw13

pw13,

Just two quick questions?

What, in your opinion, is the expected amount of money that the CFL should get in 2021
for the domestic(global) media rights? The global rights(no geo-fencing)would be a requirement
to complete the deal.Please consider that there would added potential bidders looking to enter
the Canadian market to compete with Bell/Rogers.Examples would include Amazon,DAZN,
Facebook,Apple,Alibaba,Tencent,Comcast,AT&T(Turner),Liberty Media, and Netflix.

If the CFL was approached by a private equity firm/Media entity(WME/IMG as an example)
offering, say the sum of 200 million dollars for an equity stake of 20%/ plus voting privileges
on CFL BOG.Should the league take it? The capital would be directed to improve resources
for the league in terms of infrastructure/marketing/player pay.This would involve no US expansion
/rules changes.  
If not why?
Q1: We don't even know if any of those entities will exist in three years. We don't know on what platforms consumers will get content. Impossible to do anything other than wild guess, and I don't do those.

Q2: Absurdly hypothetical, not answering.

brianjoxx

Move it back two weeks. Weather has changed go head to head with NFL

Users Online

115 Guests, 18 Users (21 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
FootbalYouBet, ArgoT, KennyPowers, Mikefrmthhammer, Caretaker, Grover, KevinRiley2, Bigshot, ExPat, EastVanMark, Count Floyd, 2ez, MadJack, TeddyFay, Google (AdSense) (13), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 175. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)