Aerial

My understanding it's now a baseball facility in it's entirety.  The turf and the seams where the infield is would not be good for football and I don't think you'd want a Grey Cup played on that surface any longer.  The Grey Cup should and hopefully be played at BMO when it goes to Toronto just as the MLS Cup was played at BMO.  It's a football facility.  Yes you might get some precipitation and winds but that's part of football.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Mightygoose

So now that Rogers is officially on board, do we see playoff and/or Grey Cup games go back to Skydome?
If the league moves the season up a month, I can't see how they can schedule a Grey Cup so far in advance and not knowing how the Jays would do.

On a scheduling standpoint, it could be easier to put playoff games there than the Grey Cup. On a revenue standpoint, it makes more sense to keep those games at BMO.

EastVanMark

So now that Rogers is officially on board, do we see playoff and/or Grey Cup games go back to Skydome?
If the league moves the season up a month, I can't see how they can schedule a Grey Cup so far in advance and not knowing how the Jays would do.

On a scheduling standpoint, it could be easier to put playoff games there than the Grey Cup. On a revenue standpoint, it makes more sense to keep those games at BMO.
Thankfully the Jays will do their part by graciously ending their season in September leaving October and November available for football dates

sth1988

I do wonder if the TFC fanbase is going to freak out now and demand the Argos move the Lamport now?
They already have.  Well..a few have...just the entitled ones

sth1988

I hope not.

Iconic SR

I hope not.
I've attended two Grey Cups in Toronto (2007 and 2012) and I prefer Skydome vs BMO. Not only the size but for convenience in such a big game. More fans = more $.

Hank01

Interesting timing ? 

Glad to see them on board but what was the motivating factor to buy in now ?

Halifax looking more like a shoe in and some CFL content opening up , the schedule moving up possibly , the jays looking for suitors to buy in some ownership share to free up some capital , NFL rumblings again or is the CRTC coming in with something down the line with Canadian content rules . It's never just a warm gesture it's a business case .

My leanings are on Halifax opening up broadcast opportunities .

MLSE buying the Argos , early schedule release , Riders send out press release in favour of moving schedule up  and Ambrosie not only sitting in at Rogers offices but ESPN's too . One Heck of a CFL news week . 

Aerial

My leanings are on Halifax opening up broadcast opportunities
Tend to agree.  I don't know what imprint Rogers has in Atlantic Canada with their wireless and other main product lines but if they aren't big out there, this would definitely open up some market share in this part of Canada I would guess.  And maybe bring back many others across the country that have dumped Rogers due to the perception Rogers has dumped on Canadiana as per the CFL.  

But the timing of this combined with them potentially looking at offers for the Blue Jays is doubly interesting.

KevinRiley2

One Heck of a CFL news week .

And all of it good. 
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

alphamale111

I do wonder if the TFC fanbase is going to freak out now and demand the Argos move the Lamport now?
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?41199-MLSE-To-Buy-The-Argos&p=1857222&viewfull=1#post1857222
Man, soccer fans are just morons...
Not all of them.  In fact, most accept the Argos - and some support the Argos. However, there are a few bitter posters who just can't let it go.
Yes -  Just read through the thread -  most seem pretty reasonable. There are a few immature fan boys who can't let go. "Promises were made"/ "Promises were broken". Those few will probably bring out the ML$E signs for a game in protest.
The rest will be fine.

Aerial

Nicely said alpha.  In the end most true sports fans I believe are respective and do have enough upstairs to know that pro sports and all of what it entails is primarily a business in the end.  Any organization, public or private,  gov't at whatever level, or business what have you eventually has to look at the bottom line of financials and what the deal is.

As my Mom told me, you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

Cool

I hope not.
I've attended two Grey Cups in Toronto (2007 and 2012) and I prefer Skydome vs BMO. Not only the size but for convenience in such a big game. More fans = more $.
I'm a 'dome booster.  Not that I don't mind BMO, but the ol 'dome isn't bad either.  Could you use the example of the Alouettes playing a few games at Olympic; turning it into an event of some kind.  I'd watch the Schooners play the Argos at the 'dome every year...
Pull Together everyone

Aerial

While I don't personally like the design of the Dome for either baseball or football as with the bowl design I have found you are too far away from the action on the field, I will say that now with Rogers being in on ownership of the Argos and therefore a CFL supporter, the Dome no longer is the "demonized" facility I have thought of it as in the past, well sometimes anyways when I get into an antsy disposition.  ;)

KevinRiley2

While I don't personally like the design of the Dome for either baseball or football as with the bowl design I have found you are too far away from the action on the field, I will say that now with Rogers being in on ownership of the Argos and therefore a CFL supporter, the Dome no longer is the "demonized" facility I have thought of it as in the past, well sometimes anyways when I get into an antsy disposition.  ;)
The dome is in the rear view mirror.  It should be used for Grey Cups, tho.

Iconic SR

The dome is in the rear view mirror.  It should be used for Grey Cups, tho.
One can fantasize that the Argos fans will outgrow BMO and be forced to use Skydome again due to high seating demand.

Yeah, right. Lol

Users Online

66 Guests, 9 Users (6 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Chuggabunch, Mightygoose, Onemoredork, batkinson001, everyman, FootbalYouBet, Espo, Grover, Google (6)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)