Evil Doctor

KevinRiley2

I do wonder if the TFC fanbase is going to freak out now and demand the Argos move the Lamport now?
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?41199-MLSE-To-Buy-The-Argos&p=1857222&viewfull=1#post1857222
Man, soccer fans are just morons...
Not all of them.  In fact, most accept the Argos - and some support the Argos. However, there are a few bitter posters who just can't let it go.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Evil Doctor

To his credit, Mirage/Access Media called this as well.

Between calling the sale of the Jays and this, I am starting to wonder if Mirage/Access Media knows more than all of us.
I'm chalking this one up to coincidence, or reading the tea leaves and getting lucky.  We all get our one called shot in our lifetime...

KevinRiley2

Between calling the sale of the Jays and this, I am starting to wonder if Mirage/Access Media knows more than all of us.
I'm chalking this one up to coincidence, or reading the tea leaves and getting lucky.  We all get our one called shot in our lifetime...
Fair enough but that's 2 in a row for Access Media.

Evil Doctor

I do wonder if the TFC fanbase is going to freak out now and demand the Argos move the Lamport now?
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?41199-MLSE-To-Buy-The-Argos&p=1857222&viewfull=1#post1857222
Man, soccer fans are just morons...
Not all of them.  In fact, most accept the Argos - and some support the Argos. However, there are a few bitter posters who just can't let it go.
Right, Right, I should say:Man, the Red Patch Babies are just morons.  With all the trolling by soccer fans on here and on the HFBoards, and even the Facebook feeds a few years ago, I'm still on hunter/killer mode when it comes to soccer...

Evil Doctor

I'm chalking this one up to coincidence, or reading the tea leaves and getting lucky.  We all get our one called shot in our lifetime...
Fair enough but that's 2 in a row for Access Media.
For the record, my called shot was stating in no unequivocal terms that the Argos would be moving to a renovated BMO Field.

Wait a minute, what was the other one?  I remember him posting a link to a story once.  I thought that was a pretty big miracle...   

Evil Doctor

Also for the record, I'm excited by this news.

It's like a nice sunny thaw in the midst of what is normally the long winter of unrelenting cold and darkness that represents the off-season...

Iconic SR

Now with Rogers on board, having just won the Grey Cup, having an excellent facility, the Argos fans are out of excuses.

If they - and apparently there are tens of thousands of in the GTA who watch on TV - don't start supporting the team in person in much better numbers within the next year or two  - then I'm out of ideas
Why so down, Pat? MLSE buying the Argos should be great news for all fans (even Ticat and soccer fans!) The Argos will likely be fully managed by MLSE's professionals, who know appearance = reality and will ensure there's a lively (that's a given with Argo fans) and copious crowd at BMO for Argo games...just like TFC. There are certainly more CFL than MLS fans in Toronto, like the 3.6 million in the extended GTA who watched at least part of the 2012 Grey Cup (not just tens of thousands) with S. Ontario viewership of 2017's Grey Cup up an impressive 58% this November.
This great news for the CFL and the Argos. 

But TravelPat1 is bang on correct. What is it going to take before apathetic Argos fans actually start going to games?

I know elementary school children more passionate and engaged than Trona CFL fans.
Everyone else is pulling their weight - except the fans. Brutal.

FootbalYouBet

But TravelPat1 is bang on correct. What is it going to take before apathetic Argos fans actually start going to games?

apathetic argo fans is an oxymoron.

if they be apathetic, then they are not argo fans
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

Lyle B. Style

Can't imagine this move back-firing - but remember, this is the CFL.

Where:

Wad Miller is a CEO
Kavis Reed is a GM
Pasquale is still coaching
Kevin Glenn is the 4th best QB
Rotten Roddy Black still broadcasts 40% of the games
Joe Mack is on a CFL payroll
and Brendan Taman is still looking for work
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

burnsy99

Here's whats gonna happen. Maple leafs who help the Raptors sell tickets will probably offer their season ticket holders the chance to buy Argos season tickets for 500 bucks lets say. if you can afford Leafs season tickets 500 bucks is a drop in the bucket. If they can add 10.000 more Argos season tickets this way you will see the fan base start to increase. Being associated with the mighty Maple Leafs they could become number 3 easily in Toronto. If the Blue Jays start losing they can take back number 2.

Iconic SR

Can't imagine this move back-firing - but remember, this is the CFL.

Where:

Wad Miller is a CEO
Kavis Reed is a GM
Pasquale is still coaching
Kevin Glenn is the 4th best QB
Rotten Roddy Black still broadcasts 40% of the games
Joe Mack is on a CFL payroll
and Brendan Taman is still looking for work
I don't see your name on any CFL employment list. Just sayin'

EastVanMark

As was said on PTS today, 3 years ago the CFL rights were more desirable/profitable than the rights to the Jays.  That is currently not the case but things can change.

Bradley Cooper said he believes the Argos lost between $2M-$4M last year and we see a big uptick in revenue in the next 24 months.
And we're really just going to believe what Bradley Cooper says?   ;D

Wow. Busy acting and keeping tabs on the Argos at the same time. Impressive.

EastVanMark

From the Toronto Star:

"Ambrosie is taking about his meetings with Sportsnet’s Scott Moore, and maybe more of a partnership there; you could even imagine a future CFL game on Sportsnet, especially if they expand to Halifax"

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/what-the-sale-to-mlse-could-mean-for-the-argos-%E2%80%94-and-the-jays/ar-BBGIAN8?li=AAadgLE&ocid=ientp2

EastVanMark

So now that Rogers is officially on board, do we see playoff and/or Grey Cup games go back to Skydome?

Users Online

71 Guests, 8 Users (4 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
SeaFiddle, rshmglsky, Mightygoose, TravelPat1, joe, cheater, 72er, Google (4)

Most Online Today: 130. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)