Aerial

Agree alpha, as someone born and raised in the US,  he grew up with the NFL and obviously those memories are in his mind.  He can be excused but hopefully after one year with his new responsibilities with the Argos, he'll learn how many home games CFL teams play.  ;) 8)  And I see he knows what the Rough Riders are, ok not the Ottawa Rough Riders as was but still, the soccer version at least shows familiarity with an iconic sports name.  ;)

Manning brings a wealth of sports management experience to Toronto FC from his twenty-two year career in executive positions in the National Football League with the Philadelphia Eagles, the National Basketball Association’s Houston Rockets and Real Salt Lake of MLS.

A native of Massapequa, New York, Manning was a nationally-recognized collegiate soccer player at the University of Bridgeport where, as a sophomore, he helped the Purple Knights to a NCAA quarterfinal berth, and as a senior in 1986 he led his team to a final four appearance while earning first-team All-America honors. Manning continued his playing career after college and won a U.S. Open Cup with the Brooklyn Italians in 1991, and played professionally in the United Soccer League (USL) with the Penn-Jersey Spirit (1991), Valley Golden Eagles (1993) and New York Fever (1994-95). Manning also holds a U.S. Soccer National “A” Coaching License.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2015/10/12/bill-manning-named-president-toronto-fc
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Prune_55

MLSE should use the Leafs to help Argos sell tickets the same way MLSE forces many Leafs season ticket holders to buy Raptors tickets.
No. No they really shouldn't. That would cause a lot more Toronto fans to dislike the Argos.

KevinRiley2

MLSE should use the Leafs to help Argos sell tickets the same way MLSE forces many Leafs season ticket holders to buy Raptors tickets.
That would cause a lot more Toronto fans to dislike the Argos.
Is that possible?
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

brianjoxx

That would cause a lot more Toronto fans to dislike the Argos.
Is that possible?
Not possible!!!!! Argos have become the sweet hearts of the CFL. And why not!!!! Winners!!

Aerial

Winners is a city where they seem to be not much cared for by many.  Sweethearts is an excellent description no question.

Hank01

No. No they really shouldn't. That would cause a lot more Toronto fans to dislike the Argos.
The majority of Leaf season ticket holders are corporations and businesses.   I had read somewhere that over 12k Leaf season tickets were "corporate".   The average Leaf ticket works out to $125!!
Not sure about MLSE forcing "many Leafs season ticket holder to buy Raptors tickets" ?   I haven't heard that.
There may be a package deal if you buy them too.
But maybe a deal with the Leafs/Raptors/TFC if you buy tickets you can also buy Argo tickets and vice versa.
  Exactly it's a just a deal for their MLSE customers they can get Argo season tickets or club seats or whatever at a huge discount and it sells some inventory .

It's mostly corporate season ticket holders who else can afford them so I don't see any reason why they can't get a few MLSE current customers interested with some extremely good deals . 

Why not use the base of Leaf customers who have money to burn obviously to throw a little love to the Argos at an extremely good price .

Lucas Bellemare

According to David Naylor, Argos restructuration under MLSE makes some collateral damages, and senior director of communications Jamie Dykstra was sacked. He was in the CFL communications from 2005 to 2015 and was working for the Argonauts from april 2016 until now.

David William Naylor‏Compte certifié 
@TSNDaveNaylor
[/url] 21 hil y a 21 heures
Plus
[/font][/size][/color]
Sorry to here Argos restructuring under MLSE means senior director of communications @jamiedykstra has been let go. A good man, who knows and appreciates the CFL. Want to thank him and wish him the best. #Argos #CFL

Iconic SR

Just hoping MLSE can light a fire under some fans, existing or otherwise.

TravelPat1

Now that the Argos are under the MLSE umbrella it was nice to see the Argos included at events like last night's 'Welcome Toronto' Drake Night at the Raptors game.

Argos James Wilder, Shawn Lemon, SJ Green joined the likes of Darcy Tucker Sebastian Giovinco, Jozy Altidore and Kelly Gruber with Drake in pregame ceremonies at the ACC last night.

https://www.bardown.com/raptors-and-drake-bring-out-toronto-sports-stars-for-welcome-to-toronto-night-1.1023131

kwikkyd

Now that the Argos are under the MLSE umbrella it was nice to see the Argos included at events like last night's 'Welcome Toronto' Drake Night at the Raptors game.

Argos James Wilder, Shawn Lemon, SJ Green joined the likes of Darcy Tucker Sebastian Giovinco, Jozy Altidore and Kelly Gruber with Drake in pregame ceremonies at the ACC last night.

https://www.bardown.com/raptors-and-drake-bring-out-toronto-sports-stars-for-welcome-to-toronto-night-1.1023131

now maybe MLSE can get Drake out to an Argo game or two

drummer_god

I had no clue who the two on the left were or the one on the right. Darcy tucker looks very different than I remember.

Also, Drake branded t-shirts with the logos of all the Toronto teams represented in this photo were given out on the backs of every seat, but for some reason the Argos logo is the one from the Flutie era, which they haven’t used in 14 years.

Argo Tailgater

I had no clue who the two on the left were or the one on the right. Darcy tucker looks very different than I remember.

Also, Drake branded t-shirts with the logos of all the Toronto teams represented in this photo were given out on the backs of every seat, but for some reason the Argos logo is the one from the Flutie era, which they haven’t used in 14 years.
Yes I read the article on another site and noticed the same thing. Sad that no one at MLSE caught that. One forward and two steps back. 

KevinRiley2

Meh.  No big deal.

Aerial

Is there something wrong with the Flutie era?  Not in my books, the more Flutie with Argos stuff, the better, I have his book with his time with the Argos, great stuff.

Remember people, this is Marketing 101 in entertainment, not what's going on game time.  Drake is just a person for marketing for MLSE and the Argos are part of MLSE, it's all not just good, it's great.

Right now if I'm a fan of the CFL in Toronto and an opportunity to catch a football from a Toronto qb,I want RR throwing me that ball, he is a better qb than Flutie is now no question but the Flutie name sells.

Drake is there to sell MLSE branding.

rcon

Yes I read the article on another site and noticed the same thing. Sad that no one at MLSE caught that. One forward and two steps back.
They used the old Craptor logo as well!

Users Online

109 Guests, 17 Users (23 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Caretaker, ArgoT, FootbalYouBet, Grover, Mikefrmthhammer, KevinRiley2, Bigshot, ExPat, EastVanMark, KennyPowers, Count Floyd, 2ez, MadJack, TeddyFay, Google (AdSense) (12), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 175. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)