batkinson001

Ever since Rogers bought the Argos, their stock has dropped 10%.

Coincidence? ;)
Rogers personal stock or mlse or the Argos?  Do Argos even have stock?
Argos Season Ticket Holder for 2010, 2011, 2012 (GC100!), 2013, 2014, 2016 (GC at BMO!), 2017 & 2018

Member of the Double Blue Order, Section 116 in the Fan Zone at BMO Field.

KevinRiley2

Coincidence? ;)
Rogers personal stock or mlse or the Argos?  Do Argos even have stock?
The stock for the Rogers Corporation - Rogers goes by the ticker symbol rci.b on the TSX.  Bell goes by the ticker symbol bce on the TSX.

There is no MLSE stock.  There is no Argos stock.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Aerial

Coincidence? ;)
Now did BCE drop when they went in with purchasing the Argos along with Larry Tannenbaum?  ;)  Is Rogers toying with the idea of selling the Blue Jays, or rather maybe keeping the Blue Jays, more as the cause of their stock dropping?  ;)

Somehow me thinks there is a lot more to this then their sideline business of sports.  ;)
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

KevinRiley2

Coincidence? ;)
Now did BCE drop when they went in with purchasing the Argos along with Larry Tannenbaum? 
Assuming BCE bought the Argos on Jan 1, 2016, the stock went up 20% in the next 12 months. :)

KevinRiley2

ETF "zwu" is a bundle of utility stocks.  Looks like the entire group is down.

Mightygoose

Sale to MLSE approved by BoG

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl-approves-mlse-acquisition-of-argonauts-1.973024

Bill Manning named new president and will oversee both the Argos and TFC.

Michael Copeland stays on as alternate governor. Makes sense that we heard less of him as the season went on. Despite the CG win, I felt the organization still needed a new face moving forward.

TravelPat1

As much as most of the new Argos President Bill Manning's recent experience is in the MLS - having spent 8 years with Real Salt Lake before joining TFC in 2015 - he does have some experience in football. He was a Vice president of Sales and Service for the Philadelphia Eagles from 2004 - 2008.

So he is not exclusively a soccer guy. 

Aerial

Glad to see this officially a done deal.  One never knows until all the i's are dotted and t's crossed.  Interesting background Manning has and should serve the Argos org well.

drummer_god

I’m just happy Copeland is being distanced from the team. 

KevinRiley2

I think he did a fine job - considering what he started with.

everyman

I agree. The results are there. New home. New high profile staff. New STABLE and most successful ownership in Canada, AND a GC. in year 2 of his role. A resume of GOLD. It's amazing actually, no matter how much one  might want to minimize him.

Aerial

Argos slogan:

Toronto Argonauts, most historic professional football team in North America, most Grey Cup Championships won and never to give up this title to any other team in the nation -EVER!

Ok, a bit long for a slogan but you get my drift.  ;)

But most importantly, it was crucial to get Rogers on board since Rogers and Toronto sports are way more glued than BCE and Toronto sports as a mindset mainly because of the Blue Jays.  Of course the Blue Jays are way more popular than the Argos will ever be but the key here is that there can be some synergies.  I didn't ever think of going to a Blue Jays game in recent years, but now I actually can think of that as a possibility.

EastVanMark

Argos slogan:

Toronto Argonauts, most historic professional football team in North America, most Grey Cup Championships won and never to give up this title to any other team in the nation -EVER!

Ok, a bit long for a slogan but you get my drift.  ;)

But most importantly, it was crucial to get Rogers on board since Rogers and Toronto sports are way more glued than BCE and Toronto sports as a mindset mainly because of the Blue Jays.  Of course the Blue Jays are way more popular than the Argos will ever be but the key here is that there can be some synergies.  I didn't ever think of going to a Blue Jays game in recent years, but now I actually can think of that as a possibility.
Tough slogan to fit on a banner ad or a t-shirt Earl.
Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. :D

drummer_god

I agree. The results are there. New home. New high profile staff. New STABLE and most successful ownership in Canada, AND a GC. in year 2 of his role. A resume of GOLD. It's amazing actually, no matter how much one  might want to minimize him.
He became president after the club was purchased by Bell and Tannenbaum. They were going to BMO and he squandered the opportunity by over pricing tickets as well as the grey cup game. Actually alienated anyone who would have considered going to watch a game at BMO. This guy set them back. 

KevinRiley2

I agree. The results are there. New home. New high profile staff. New STABLE and most successful ownership in Canada, AND a GC. in year 2 of his role. A resume of GOLD. It's amazing actually, no matter how much one  might want to minimize him.
He became president after the club was purchased by Bell and Tannenbaum. They were going to BMO and he squandered the opportunity by over pricing tickets as well as the grey cup game. Actually alienated anyone who would have considered going to watch a game at BMO. This guy set them back.
No man is an island.  I am sure Tannen-Bell had input - L.T. is known for his micromanaging.  Again, I think he did a fine job. 

Users Online

86 Guests, 11 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Argofan13, Sidney, Mightygoose, CFL in QC, Reggiemac, rshmglsky, sth1988, RedandWhite, saskfan23, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 137. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)