letsgoticats

Looks like Rogers wants a piece of the pie.

https://twitter.com/TSNDaveNaylor/status/941059578082549761

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment has an agreement to acquire the CFL’s @TorontoArgos. Now in the fold with Raptors, Leafs, TFC and Marlins. Previously owned by Bell and Larry Tanenbaum, 2 of the 3 MLSE partners. #CFL #Argos

Eskimosrock

So Bell has sold the Argos to MLSE, anyone know why?  What do you mean 2 of the 3 partners?
The Green and Gold is bold.

letsgoticats

So Bell has sold the Argos to MLSE, anyone know why?  What do you mean 2 of the 3 partners?
The Argos were owned by Bell + Larry Tannenbaum.  MLSE is owned by Bell, Rogers, and Tannenbaum.  This deal just gives Rogers a share of the ownership, and means that MLSE owns all the major Toronto teams except for the Blue Jays (who are rumored to be on the market).  

Mightygoose

So Bell has sold the Argos to MLSE, anyone know why?  What do you mean 2 of the 3 partners?
Argos were owned by Bell and Larry Tananbaum earlier. MLSE is those 2 plus Rogers.

Huge news for the Argos and the entire CFL. Hopefully Rogers will get some content soon and having the 2 biggest telecommunication companies on board with the league is great news.

Grover

Well look at that, The Argos just became part of Toronto's sports teams. 
It only took a 100 or so years!  :o
Now they won't look at the CFL as Minor Leagues anymore. MLSE owns them.
Huge for the League, I have seen more coverage from Sportsnet than ever lately, now I know why!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

project.legacy

The Argos were owned by Bell + Larry Tannenbaum.  MLSE is owned by Bell, Rogers, and Tannenbaum.  This deal just gives Rogers a share of the ownership, and means that MLSE owns all the major Toronto teams except for the Blue Jays (who are rumored to be on the market).  
MLSE doesn't own the Toronto Rock, but I've heard they're circling.

Grover

steve simmons‏Verified account 
@simmonssteve
 6m6 minutes ago
Randy Ambrosie on the sale of the Argos to MLSE: "This is a great day for the CFL...There is operational excellence inside MLSE."

Connecticut Yankee

Sunday Night Football, Here we come.

EastVanMark

Long overdue. MLSE should have bought the team from old man Braley to begin with.
Now with some skin in the game, perhaps a bidding war for broadcast rights could be right around the corner?

The exact same situation might play out for the Jays on the horizon soon.

Grover

CFL News‏ 
@CFL_News
 2m2 minutes ag
MLSE president and CEO Michael Friisdahl: "We look forward to building on the #Argos’ strong momentum as we welcome the team to the leading provider of sports and entertainment experiences in Canada." #CFL via @sportsnet

-Hammer-

I do wonder if the TFC fanbase is going to freak out now and demand the Argos move the Lamport now?

project.legacy

Long overdue. MLSE should have bought the team from old man Braley to begin with.
Now with some skin in the game, perhaps a bidding war for broadcast rights could be right around the corner?

The exact same situation might play out for the Jays on the horizon soon.
Worked out well actually. Braley doesn't get a penny from Rogers buying into the Argonauts.

project.legacy

Aerial

This is excellent no question and I'm sure may spur the potential team in Halifax as well or maybe the other way around, Halifax coming on board may be very possible and Rogers sees this as a positive sign for the league.  At any rate, I think something may be involved with the Blue Jays down the road as part of this deal ie. "future considerations" type of thing, who knows.

Or this could all be part of a future NFL team for Toronto and Rogers wants in on that as we know the NFL wants to see this as part of a CFL deal with the Argos.

I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Eskimosrock

The Argos were owned by Bell + Larry Tannenbaum.  MLSE is owned by Bell, Rogers, and Tannenbaum.  This deal just gives Rogers a share of the ownership, and means that MLSE owns all the major Toronto teams except for the Blue Jays (who are rumored to be on the market).  
Thanks for clarifying, I didn't know much about MLSE until today.  I guess letting Rogers back in can only benefit us with Bell and Tannenbaum in control.  Opens up Sportsnet as a market, although I must say I still kinda hate Rogers for screwing the Argos over before and trying to hurt the CFL, it's one of the reasons I don't use them as a service provider :p

Users Online

80 Guests, 7 Users (9 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
72er, cheater, Sidney, rshmglsky, Mightygoose, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 130. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)