Aerial

I just don't think Bob Young was willing to go through much of a learning curve, you win and quick or you're out.  Hey, I don't know the specifics but maybe that's how the computer software biz works so he was applying it to football at the time.  Who knows.  To be honest, I don't know at the time how much he was even involved in the makeup of the management of the team or coaching.   :-\
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Lyle B. Style

I just don't think Bob Young was willing to go through much of a learning curve, you win and quick or you're out.  Hey, I don't know the specifics but maybe that's how the computer software biz works so he was applying it to football at the time.  Who knows.  To be honest, I don't know at the time how much he was even involved in the makeup of the management of the team or coaching.   :-\
Hillbilly Bob has proven that he's no more than a asswipe multi-millionaire who gut really lucky in the early days of the tech wave.

Other than continual apologies and a semblance of a football team I don't see much managerial or creative brilliance.

Regardless of his team's success on the field I do admire anyone who puts his money where his mouth is (several million put into improvements at THF, practice fields, etc.) vs. cowards like David Asper & Lyle Bauer who spent a ton of time shilling for a new stadium, threatening to pay for it privately but in the darkness of night slithering out of town and leaving Joe Taxpayer with a near 1/4 billion dollar debt. From that point of view I admire Bob Young more than scum like Bauer, Asper and a few other takers!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Wumper

Lyle, I was glancing thru Lord Bauer's new book @ McNally's last weekend. Indicative of his time running the Club, the pressing is one of the poorest I've seen since "Doc Savage" was being sold. 

First thing I scanned for was any mention of the famous "Call Out" he laid on you. Couldn't find a word.
Perhaps for those not familiar with your long standing Texas cage match with Wee Davy and Lord Lyle you could re-run the tape for us.

All I've got is an old "Wanted Poster" with a grainy pic of what they claim is you on it. Rest easy, friend, although I think I could find you, I'd never turn you in, The Club doesn't have that much free cash these days, I doubt they'd pay up.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Aerial

Regardless of his team's success on the field I do admire anyone who puts his money where his mouth is
No question Lyle, well said!

DAN38

Lyle, I was glancing thru Lord Bauer's new book @ McNally's last weekend. Indicative of his time running the Club, the pressing is one of the poorest I've seen since "Doc Savage" was being sold.

First thing I scanned for was any mention of the famous "Call Out" he laid on you. Couldn't find a word.
Perhaps for those not familiar with your long standing Texas cage match with Wee Davy and Lord Lyle you could re-run the tape for us.

All I've got is an old "Wanted Poster" with a grainy pic of what they claim is you on it. Rest easy, friend, although I think I could find you, I'd never turn you in, The Club doesn't have that much free cash these days, I doubt they'd pay up.
Yes, could someone please elaborate. Lyle sure has a hatred on and enquiring minds want to know !
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Lyle B. Style

I suspect its a vanity pressing - which in the parlance of publishing means the author paid for it himself - or conned a close friend or drinking/bum buddy to cough up a few sheckels.
Local vanity pressings (the McNally Robinson book machine is used for pressings of 5 to 200 printings - I actually ended up with a good one done on the Roblin Hotel in Winnipeg) - so I suspect Lyle screwed some unknowing legit publisher to print up and box 500 copies - 450 of which will probably end up in the box - 40 or 50 will be sold at the local book readings to friends, family & the usual lemmings.

At some point the unsold boxes will either be donated to Valueless Village or displayed in groups of 1 at the bomber store for deeply discounted prices!

When it comes down to 50 cents or so I might pick up a copy - and donate it to The Association of Manitoba Bullies!

Wumper

C'mon, tell the tail, the night Bully Bauer called out Nasty Nate,

"There are strange things done in Winnipeg's midnight sun,
By the men who run the Blue and Gold,
The Madison trails have their secret tales
that would make your blood run cold;
The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,
but the queerest they ever did see
was that night on the marge of of The Bomber group hate,
Lyle cremated Nasty Nate"

with regards to Robert W. Service

aulcee

C'mon, tell the tail, the night Bully Bauer called out Nasty Nate,

"There are strange things done in Winnipeg's midnight sun,
By the men who run the Blue and Gold,
The Madison trails have their secret tales
that would make your blood run cold;
The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,
but the queerest they ever did see
was that night on the marge of of The Bomber group hate,
Lyle cremated Nasty Nate"

with regards to Robert W. Service
;D

Users Online

65 Guests, 2 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, Yahoo!, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 116. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)