Big Guy

Bob O`Bilovich did it in 1982 with The Argos.. yes in East, but yes he did it

BCRiderFan

You make some good points, but as far as doing away with East West rivalry, terrible idea . I personally a life long CFL fan would be very unhappy if they changed any of that. We already have the cross over, that is new in modern times to address your concerns. I would kill the cross over if it was up to me, I realize to late for that, it was a bad move but I concede it

I sure hope the verification codes are only temp for new posters
I absolutely agree with this. The current playoff method is perfectly fine as is. 
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

ExPat

Doesn't pass Hank's test, as the East was a weak conference.  The other three teams had a combined 15 wins that season.

Also, Holloway had been around for 7 seasons already, and was even an Eastern all-star once in the 1970s.  Not a fresh-faced QB, arguable not a journeyman.

Next?

Hank01

Let him take a team from worst to first in the more competitive western division with a fresh face QB or journeymen QB and I will be more impressed when comparing him to the all time greats .
Who has done that?
 Mike Riley did it with Sean Salisbury in 88 after losing Tom Clements then with Tom Burgess in 1990 but he had the Bombers in the sucky East .  The first time they had a good record the previous season with Clements the next time they were 7-11 in 89 before turning it around . Neither Salisbury nor Burgess are in the same conversation with Ray or Cavillo . Burgess wiped the Esks off the field in 1990 no lucky trips , too many men on the field or bounces . A 50 to 11 victory in the dome .

I rate Riley's abilities to get the job done higher then Trestmans .

Buono did it the one year the west sucked in 2001 with Marcus Crandel at QB with an 8-10 record  . Another year the playoffs should have had the teams face off properly before the Grey Cup .

Buono also worked his magic with a start of  1- 6 record in 2011 with a BC lions team with average often injured QB Travis Lulay  who replaced Casey Printers just that  year so very fresh faced

Qb's are so important in Football in order to win so when I rate coaches I see what they can do when the deck is not stacked in their favour but still come out on top .
They also need to develop their own and win with what they have available .

Not sure if it was Austin or Condell but one of them in the East final did an amazing job with Masoli in 2015 in Ottawa . That Ti-Cat team and coaching earned my respect that day . Just a well thought out game plan and execution with at that time was supposedly been their third string QB.

rhymes with orange

I have to think that if Marc Trestman really wanted to find his way back to the NFL, he would put his hat in the ring for the Bills' new opening. Buffalo fired their offensive coordinator Rick Dennison on Friday, creating yet another NFL coaching vacancy, except geographically, this makes much more sense than Seattle. Trestman is an East Coast guy so it may be a better opportunity for his family than taking a job up in Seattle.

TravelPat1

I have to think that if Marc Trestman really wanted to find his way back to the NFL, he would put his hat in the ring for the Bills' new opening. Buffalo fired their offensive coordinator Rick Dennison on Friday, creating yet another NFL coaching vacancy, except geographically, this makes much more sense than Seattle. Trestman is an East Coast guy so it may be a better opportunity for his family than taking a job up in Seattle.
Hmm. That's an interesting thought.  And the Bills did have great success with another ex-CFL coach Marv Levy - who like Trestman had great success in Montreal.

Trestman's name has not come up though in any of the media covering the Bills. Mike Shula and the guy who just got fired in Seattle - Bevell are among the names floating around. 

pw13

Doesn't pass Hank's test, as the East was a weak conference.  The other three teams had a combined 3 wins that season.

Also, Holloway had been around for 7 seasons already, and was even an Eastern all-star once in the 1970s.  Not a fresh-faced QB, arguable not a journeyman.

Next?
That's hyperbole, I assume. The other three Eastern teams combined for a record of 15-32-1 that year; one of them (Hamilton) also finished above .500.

ExPat

Doesn't pass Hank's test, as the East was a weak conference.  The other three teams had a combined 3 wins that season.

Next?
That's hyperbole, I assume. The other three Eastern teams combined for a record of 15-32-1 that year; one of them (Hamilton) also finished above .500.
That's embarrassing - I actually looked it up - not sure why I typed 3 instead of 15.

HfxTC

Next?
That's embarrassing - I actually looked it up - not sure why I typed 3 instead of 15.
Trestman is entering his sixties. He will just use this to improve his finantial situation with MLSE. Trestman isn't going anywhere.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

pikk

To diss him if he accepts this offer is totally asinine.
Agree.  It`s unfortunate but he has to do what`s best for him and his family.
Give me a break, best for his family. Not only is he being paid by the argos, he is also being paid millions by the bears and the ravens.

KevinRiley2

To diss him if he accepts this offer is totally asinine.
Agree.  It`s unfortunate but he has to do what`s best for him and his family.
Give me a break, best for his family. Not only is he being paid by the argos, he is also being paid millions by the bears and the ravens.
It's not a call you get to make.  What's best for him and his family is his choice.

If I was a betting man, my guess, he jumps to the NFL, if the opportunity presents itself.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Grover

Adam Schefter
✔@AdamSchefter
Seahawks now expected to hire former Colts' QB coach Brian Schottenheimer as their offensive coordinator, per league source.
12:48 PM - Jan 13, 2018

Adam Schefter
✔@AdamSchefter

Seahawks’ GM John Schneider worked in Washington’s front office while its HC was Marty Schottenheimer. Now Schneider will be working with Schottenheimer’s son as his OC in Seattle.
12:55 PM - Jan 13, 2018

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

brianjoxx

Trestman isn't going any where!

Lyle B. Style

If there was any kind of buzz coming off Toronto's scintillating Grey Cup win, the shine would quickly come off if the Argos were forced (by NFL big bads) to tear up Trestman's contract. He's a key building block for southern Ontario the next 2 to 5 years!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

TravelPat1

Trestman is not going to be Buffalo's OC either.

The Bills have just announced that they have hired Alabama's OC as their new OC - Brian Daboll.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabama-looking-for-another-offensive-coordinator-as-brian-daboll-leaves-for-bills/

Users Online

103 Guests, 11 Users (19 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, RedandWhite, rcon, rshmglsky, SeaFiddle, bobo82, Matheddle, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (11)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)