TravelPat1

http://3downnation.com/2018/01/10/argos-marc-trestman-candidate-seahawks-oc-job-report/

Toronto Argonauts head coach Marc Trestman is a candidate for the offensive coordinator position according to multiple online reports.

The Seahawks fired offensive co-ordinator Darrell Bevell and offensive line coach Tom Cable on Wednesday. Bevell was in charge of calling plays, while Cable was responsible for a run game and offensive line that failed to meet expectations.

Trestman, who won the Grey Cup in his first season as Toronto’s head coach, is among several candidates the Seahawks are considering, according to the Seattle Times.

“… he also has extensive NFL coaching experience, including as head coach of the Bears in 2013-14 and 12 years as an offensive coordinator with the Ravens, Raiders, Browns, 49ers and Cardinals. He also has some connections with Carroll as each was an assistant with the Vikings in 1985-86 while Trestman was the OC with the 49ers in 1995-96 while Carroll was the DC with the 49ers. Trestman was also the offensive coordinator at North Carolina State in 2005-06, helping recruit Russell Wilson.”

ArgoT

Wow, I hope this is not true.

Lucas Bellemare

So nobody wanted him last year but now that he won a Grey Cup the Seahawks want him in it coaching staff as a coordinator? I hope Trestman will not fall into that trap.

Also I'm sure Jim Popp didn't make the same mistake of letting a blackhole in Trestman's contract.

everyman

If trestman jumps at this my estimation of him would drop beyond that of the level of a mercenary.

My hopes is that the contract and his own ethics would stop him from moving AGAIN.

GOOOOOD GAWD man..

He should shut this down immediately. He finally should show SOME loyalty and wake up to where his successes lie.

RichardVeilleux

Not surprised that he is considered. The 5 years he was in Montreal-from 2008 to 2012- these discussions always occurred  with NFL teams. If Seattle does not hire him, don't be surprised if John Gruden of the Raiders consider him; they worked together,before.

I am positive that Trestman wants to return to the NFL. Once the CFL season is over, he's gone from Canada as fast as he can.  No longer have respect for him.

Richard

Grover

Hmmmm, OC for Russell Wilson, Huge increase in pay, Living in Seattle, Sounds tempting.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Lucas Bellemare

Imagine Trestman leaving CFL again so Jim Popp has to be Toronto HC 

FootbalYouBet

To diss him if he accepts this offer is totally asinine.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

KevinRiley2

Agree.  It`s unfortunate but he has to do what`s best for him and his family.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

rpaege

He doesn't owe the Argos or the CFL anything beyond his contract. And I have no loss of respect for him doing what he needs to do for his career. He's also not getting any younger and he may feel he doesn't have too many kicks at the can left with which to win a Superbowl.

ExPat

Imagine Trestman leaving CFL again so Jim Popp has to be Toronto HC
Oh, please, yes!

Aerial

Agree.  It`s unfortunate but he has to do what`s best for him and his family.
Absolutely.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

everyman

Agree.  It`s unfortunate but he has to do what`s best for him and his family.
Absolutely.
Yup and sometime he has to show his family that what is best for them is to show honor and loyalty. Twice the CFL has rescued him from the scrap heap of failure and paid him a fortune.
His success in Montreal, where he made $3-4 mil for 6 mos  year for 5 years,  and then enabled him to make 8-10 mil in the NFL in 3 years. Now CFL rescued him again to the tune of $600,000/year. Now he needs to teach the value of loyalty and honor not just money. He has enough of that.  

Aerial

No team in the CFL is under any obligation to hire him or anyone.  If someone is available and a CFL team offers him a job and he takes it, so be it.  When his contract is up or the team allows him to pursue another job for whatever reasons, so be it.  

everyman

If we are lucky our ethics are tested where we can do the  right thing unfettered by money.
This is his time.
He needs to shut this down now...and live well as  62year old man. 

Users Online

85 Guests, 6 Users (18 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, Hamilton2005, blackandgld, rshmglsky, Onemoredork, fireeater, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (15)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)