ExPat

If the TiCats are 5-0 by game five with Masoli as starter, then you are wrong.
I don't disagree with you. I don't think they'll be 5-0 no matter who plays QB. I stand by my prediction though, and wish both Masoli and Johnny good luck this season.
Out of curiosity ... if you think Masoli will lose his starters job this season, what do you predict for the guy he beat out for the starters position last year?

bobo82

I don't disagree with you. I don't think they'll be 5-0 no matter who plays QB. I stand by my prediction though, and wish both Masoli and Johnny good luck this season.
I'm guessing that the fact that games 4 and 5 happen to be back to back against your Riders has nothing to do with your prediction ? It just happens to be a coincidence in that you don't think that they will be 5-0 ?  ;D In all honesty and all kidding aside I will be personally shocked if the Cats go 5 and 0 out of the gate looking at the schedule they have to start the season (@ Calg , @ Edm ,Wnp , @ Sask , Sask ) Things  could go south in a hurry with that schedule and they could be just as easily  starting out the opposite at 0-5 . :o
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

BCRiderFan

I'm guessing that the fact that games 4 and 5 happen to be back to back against your Riders has nothing to do with your prediction ? It just happens to be a coincidence in that you don't think that they will be 5-0 ?  ;D In all honesty and all kidding aside I will be personally shocked if the Cats go 5 and 0 out of the gate looking at the schedule they have to start the season (@ Calg , @ Edm ,Wnp , @ Sask , Sask ) Things  could go south in a hurry with that schedule and they could be just as easily  starting out the opposite at 0-5 . :o
Haven’t even looked at the schedule closely to be honest. Collaros will have a big year playing with a stacked offence, as long as he stays healthy - you can say that about any Qb obviously
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

Paolo X

What Johnny wants is irrelevant, because he isn't in charge.
I'm not sure that photo that started this thread is real, but if it is really from his account and that's still his attitude as was on full display with that money gesture in the NFL draft years ago, well I'm taking the under.

The sports media in the US, in its zeal to promote the college football agenda as dominated now by the disingenuous folks at ESPN, have given Manziel a pass for the most part.

If it were not for TMZ and a few blogs, there would not be nearly as much out there to expose him for who he is at the core.

I am pulling for Masoli, who was not without his own issues in college at Oregon but at least appears to have straightened out his life.
Best Regards, Paolo

Johnny Ticat slayer

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

depopulationINC

I'm guessing that the fact that games 4 and 5 happen to be back to back against your Riders has nothing to do with your prediction ? It just happens to be a coincidence in that you don't think that they will be 5-0 ?  ;D In all honesty and all kidding aside I will be personally shocked if the Cats go 5 and 0 out of the gate looking at the schedule they have to start the season (@ Calg , @ Edm ,Wnp , @ Sask , Sask ) Things  could go south in a hurry with that schedule and they could be just as easily  starting out the opposite at 0-5 . :o
So basically "FFS, playing the west"
:D

canadianfootballfan

Manziel will have to beat Masoli if he wants to start. He won't get a free pass:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/johnny-manziel-isnt-guaranteed-starting-cfl-job-will-have-to-beat-out-jeremiah-masoli/
It seems Americans understand his reality up here better than our fellow CFL fans.  Sad.

Some people think he's literally going to take over the league.  Stunning!

Aerial

Well if he does end up "taking over the league" (did Flutie actually do that?  ;)) then kudos to him.  But in a team sport like football, this is not even possible I would say.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

depopulationINC

Well if he does end up "taking over the league" (did Flutie actually do that?  ;)) then kudos to him.  But in a team sport like football, this is not even possible I would say.
Labron disagrees

HfxTC

He could have really helped himself signing a few months ago, for his own well being. He would have shown up to camp with familiarity with some players and staff.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Grover

Out of curiosity ... if you think Masoli will lose his starters job this season, what do you predict for the guy he beat out for the starters position last year?
Well played ExPat,  ;)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Iconic SR

He could have really helped himself signing a few months ago, for his own well being. He would have shown up to camp with familiarity with some players and staff.
For Manziel, the CFL was his last resort. I'm guessing he was flogging his agent like a rented mule this past few months. 

canadianfootballfan

rented mule
To take that old expression literally for a moment...  show me one place in Canada where you can rent a mule.  :)  Maybe Mongolia.

Iconic SR

While the saying is dated for sure you can still rent pack mules in the Canadian Rockies, and in Ontario in some spots-  and in the Grand Canyon. Done that a few times

Grover

Milt Stegall‏Verified account
@MiltStegallTSN
Some players are mad that  @JManziel2 who hasn’t played 1 down in the @cfl is getting tons of media attention. Last night @espn  @SportsCenter 2nd sorry was all about @JManziel2 going to the @cfl. That means more on the @cfl which means more on you guys. #AppreciateDontHate

11:55 AM - 20 May 2018

Users Online

103 Guests, 23 Users (13 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, Dr.Whiskey, MadJack, Blackrussian63, chosa84, RidervilleWelshminstrel, Holy Mackinaw, tabbiefan72, 150GAGE, oo DAWG oo, Hammertown Proud, letsgoticats, DavidThompson, Mightygoose, FormerlyTurkish, raymarkca, USfanguy, Slomojo2005, DisplacedCatsFan, Yahoo!, Google (AdSense) (9), Google (3)

Most Online Today: 168. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)