9.8%
6 (9.8%)
The best QB in CFL history
4.9%
3 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Johnny Ticat slayer

OOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for the first poll of the season! And it's all about Johnny Manziel. June Jones said he could be the best ever in the CFL. Really?

Will he be a complete bust, or a good starter, backup, etc. 

Vote early and vote often!  :P
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

OskeeweeneeVI

How about a 6th option......he will last longer than Josh Freeman.  That would be my vote.

Aerial

And might be better than that last Heisman winner, Troy Smith.

Maybe. Johnny, have you got what it takes?  ;)
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Vermonter

He's gonna be much, much worse than Troy Smith. 

GHT120

He's gonna be much, much worse than Troy Smith.
That will be quite a challenge ... Smith was putrid.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

oo DAWG oo

You forgot one important option.  

He's gonna do nothing for the cats and then go light it up somewhere else

Aerial

If he can't read CFL defences and be given the room to roam as eventually Flutie was provided, he's going to be in trouble especially if the o line and him aren't in sync.  It's a different game here and not all can adjust to the quick pace and different reads, especially with that 12th (got it right this time) defender roaming around.

Mind you, I've heard he has excellent arm strength so that will be a big plus for sure.

Iconic SR

I don't believe Manziel can get past the stigma he has in his own mind of the calibre/image of the CFL. Addicts can be very pigheaded and have tunnel vision. That, plus the fact that he may get schooled big time in our game.

FootbalYouBet

I have read comments in other threads by posters calling him the next flutie, or better.

I think if he wants to, he has as good a chance to make a cfl career as any QB, but those who compare him to flutie are likely to be disappointed
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

Iconic SR

Comparing Manziel to Flutie (in the context of accomplishments yet to be) - is an insult to Doug Flutie and any other highly achieved QB.

So far - all that Manziel has demonstrated is an amazing ability to squander his amazing talent. That my friend - is the polar opposite of Doug Flutie.

depopulationINC

I have read comments in other threads by posters calling him the next flutie, or better.

I think if he wants to, he has as good a chance to make a cfl career as any QB, but those who compare him to flutie are likely to be disappointed
That is where I am at.  I think he could very well be a respectable QB.  If he comes out so-so at some point, I wouldn't be too concerned either...from there it is all how he processes it.  The guy is still only 25 years old...he has time to develop.

BCRiderFan

The most likely scenario isn’t even in this poll: that Johnny will be here for two years, mainly as a backup in year one, starting in year two with modest success, he then returns south. 
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

Count Floyd

Where's the option for "...do better than anyone the Als currently have on their roster"?  8) 8)

RedandWhite

The most likely scenario isn’t even in this poll: that Johnny will be here for two years, mainly as a backup in year one, starting in year two with modest success, he then returns south.
...I agree, that’s most likely what happens...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

bobo82

Where's the option for "...do better than anyone the Als currently have on their roster"?  8) 8)
LMAO !!! Drew Willy  ;D ......Keep em coming Kavis .  ???  ::)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Users Online

113 Guests, 22 Users (19 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ed ohmnes, EastVanMark, oo DAWG oo, USfanguy, tabbiefan72, FootbalYouBet, raymarkca, heapbag, FormerlyTurkish, sherry07033, ExPat, 150GAGE, Hammertown Proud, Blackrussian63, MadJack, Dr.Whiskey, chosa84, RidervilleWelshminstrel, Holy Mackinaw, Google (AdSense) (11), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 168. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)