An MOP
9.4%
6 (9.4%)
The best QB in CFL history
4.7%
3 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Aerial

For all we know though Masoli was tossing as in a preaseason game to just get a feel for throwing downfield and may not have tossed those INTs in a regular game but done something different so I don't see this game really as any indication of Masoli having a good or bad game.  It's not really the same as a regular season game plan and mindset.

But I did like what JM did for his first outing and it was a good way for Jones to initiate him to the CFL game and field.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

KevinRiley2

Good Lord, boys, let's give the guy a chance.  
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

OskeeweeneeVI

Was pleased with his first outing given the circumstances.  Saw his trademark mobility and made several accurate passes.  Only saw him lead a receiver a little too far once.  
Obviously the play-calling was conservative.  The next week should show deeper routes.

Aerial

Tom Brady or whatever NFL star qb coming up here for the first time would have been given the same conservative type package for initiation.  Yes Kevin, give the guy a chance.  

Yes, the CFL isn't the NFL in terms of exposure, money, prestige and most celebrated college football stars destined for NFL greatness etc. and all of that but everyone knows, including it's detractors, it's a darn tough league league with great athletes.  You have to work hard to excel here and be committed. 

Iconic SR

It's very tough to crack a CFL roster to become a starter. JM has a lot of work ahead of him if he wants to stick, let alone regain an opportunity to crack the NFL 

Evil Doctor

Was pleased with his first outing given the circumstances.  Saw his trademark mobility and made several accurate passes.  Only saw him lead a receiver a little too far once.  
Obviously the play-calling was conservative.  The next week should show deeper routes.
Obviously Jones set him up to succeed in order to keep his confidence, different from Masoli's goal, which is get into game shape, find his range, and take risks.  By the last series we saw the Masoli we come to expect when took the team 84 yards for a TD.

Casual simply don't understand the difference between having the training wheels on and off...

burnsy99

First off I doubt Manziel lasts the year. He'll only make the team on the hype. But he looked surprisingly smallish to me. And he was playing the Argos 3rd stringers still not impressed by his arm. And lastly the CFL shouldn't be turning into a league to help washed up NFLers get back into the NFL. Like we can't be turning into a practice league. Its a league for CANADIANS

depopulationINC

First off I doubt Manziel lasts the year. He'll only make the team on the hype. But he looked surprisingly smallish to me. And he was playing the Argos 3rd stringers still not impressed by his arm. And lastly the CFL shouldn't be turning into a league to help washed up NFLers get back into the NFL. Like we can't be turning into a practice league. Its a league for CANADIANS
Washed up at 25?  Who knew.

If they didn't take ex-NFLers that would remove most US players from the CFL.

burnsy99

if you look at starting and successful QB's most are from unknown schools who develop in the CFL. Name me one QB since Flutie whose been washed up in the NFL and starred in the CFL? Most have been cut like the dude in Montreal last week. Or struggled like Cleo Lemon. The Argos starter Friday looked better then Manziel. But I stick to my point the CFL shouldn't be turning into a developmental league for the freakin NFL. Like can't we have a freakin league of our own without the GD Americans sticking their noses in? We've already lost hockey CFL all we have left

FootbalYouBet

if you look at starting and successful QB's most are from unknown schools who develop in the CFL. Name me one QB since Flutie whose been washed up in the NFL and starred in the CFL? Most have been cut like the dude in Montreal last week. Or struggled like Cleo Lemon. The Argos starter Friday looked better then Manziel. But I stick to my point the CFL shouldn't be turning into a developmental league for the freakin NFL. Like can't we have a freakin league of our own without the GD Americans sticking their noses in? We've already lost hockey CFL all we have left
Flutie wasn't washed up in the NFL.  He was offered a ton of money to come to the Lions.  He might have gone on to spend most of his NFL time as a back up, but he wasn't washed up.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

rshmglsky

I think fans want to see the best players play no matter what their nationality. That said there is still a benefit to having the odd Canadian, like Brad Sinopoli, succeeding, though personally I might take off all the Canadians on a given team if it meant being given a really good Canadian quarterback in return.

rshmglsky

if you look at starting and successful QB's most are from unknown schools who develop in the CFL. Name me one QB since Flutie whose been washed up in the NFL and starred in the CFL? Most have been cut like the dude in Montreal last week. Or struggled like Cleo Lemon. The Argos starter Friday looked better then Manziel. But I stick to my point the CFL shouldn't be turning into a developmental league for the freakin NFL. Like can't we have a freakin league of our own without the GD Americans sticking their noses in? We've already lost hockey CFL all we have left
Didn't that same Argo quarterback who started Friday (Duncan Mcleod's cousin) bounce around six NFL seasons?

As for the developmental league... isn't that why they made Manziel sign a two-year contract?

We still have junior hockey. While we could take the NHL back if Canadians really wanted to, but unfortunately Canadian NHL owners want to leave 500 million expansion fees from Quebec, Hamilton, other border cities, etc off the table and instead split their expansion fees with a myriad of American teams that don't belong.

(not that I'm against most American cities having NHL teams but there should be some promotion/relegation in place with safeguards to allay investor's concerns)

Iconic SR

Manziel’s strengths could really shine in the CFL game if he leverages them. Our wider field and extra man on the field suits his scrambling abilities much better than the NFL field does. However, it’s not about ability - it’s about headspace with JM.

burnsy99

Manziel’s strengths could really shine in the CFL game if he leverages them. Our wider field and extra man on the field suits his scrambling abilities much better than the NFL field does. However, it’s not about ability - it’s about headspace with JM.
I meant the first Argo QB with the hyphenated name. HE looked like he had an arm. Manziel looks little. If he makes it fine but watching that TSN broadcast it seemed the CFL and Argos and Ticats didn't matter looked like the Johnny Manziel show.

KevinRiley2

Johnny Manziel in the CFL will...

Sell tickets !    :)

Users Online

52 Guests, 2 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
OskeeweeneeVI, of course, Google (AdSense), Google (12)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)