An MOP
9.4%
6 (9.4%)
The best QB in CFL history
4.7%
3 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

BCRiderFan

The most likely scenario isn’t even in this poll: that Johnny will be here for two years, mainly as a backup in year one, starting in year two with modest success, he then returns south.
What does 'return south' mean? In the context of your prediction that JM has moderate success here?

Are you saying Johnny gets signed in the NFL after being mediocre here? I can't see that happening. Just trying to interpret what you're trying to say.
Yes, that's what I'm saying, as per my post above.
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

BCRiderFan

Manziel will likely be the best QB in the CFL next season. No doubt. He should still be playing in the NFL but he just wasn't ready and also the Browns weren't ready for his playing style. Great coaching is key and he will get that in Hamilton.

Most people never watched Manziel when he was playing in the NCAA only on highlights. He was the best QB they have ever seen in the NCAA.
No, he won't "likely" be the best QB in the CFL next season, that's what you call a long shot. Possible, not likely - that's disrespectful to the star QBs in the league.

pikk

I think he will be one of the best to play.

ArgoT

Although he is often compared due to his stature of throwing and scrambling ability to Doug Flutie, there is no chance he will reach the same success.
There was only one DF, arguably the best ever to play in our league.
I think he may be somewhere in the middle of the pack of all of our QB's, re percentages and overall evaluation.

Vermonter

He's gonna be much, much worse than Troy Smith.
That will be quite a challenge ... Smith was putrid.
I think that Johnny Football is up to that challenge. 

1898, 1900, 02, 25, 26, 40, 51, 60, 68, 69, 73, 76, 2016

Aerial

Although he is often compared due to his stature of throwing and scrambling ability to Doug Flutie, there is no chance he will reach the same success.
There was only one DF, arguably the best ever to play in our league.
I think he may be somewhere in the middle of the pack of all of our QB's, re percentages and overall evaluation.
I think a lot of people including myself just never realized how intelligent Flutie was with his ability to see the whole field and just make things happen when it looked like no much was there on any given play.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Vermonter

Will he wind up starting more games than Troy Smith? 

brianjoxx

Sorry we are from the west. Heard Manziel from AFL minor league, may have signed. Is this true. We in the west don't read tabloids, deal in facts. Whats up in steel town. Keeps us updated once in a while.

FootbalYouBet

Sorry we are from the west. Heard Manziel from AFL minor league, may have signed. Is this true. We in the west don't read tabloids, deal in facts. Whats up in steel town. Keeps us updated once in a while.
next time you are visiting the forum index, scroll down some and you might find a quaint little forum called Hamilton Ti-cats, or something like that.  You might find what you desire there.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

DoubleBlue

I don't think Johnny is a X's and O's guy. If Jones lets him ad lib like Don Mathews let Doug Flutie play he can be successful IMO. After he learns the game.

I can still remember Flutie in his first game with the BC Lions. I believe he was picked off 4 times. He would stand there after the pick like he was replaying things in his mind for a few seconds, but he figured it out. That fifth DB the safety is what gets many of the US guys. They're not brought up to look for him back there. 
But if Johnny can run around a bit and let guys get open he has the arm to complete passes. Eric Crouch out of Nebraska was a similar type player, but didn't have as strong an arm and he didn't last with the Argos. 

They will give him some scripted plays for to nights game, but it will be interesting to see when a play breaks down if Maziel's old instincts will kick in and make something happen with his legs. But he will have to temper his running because the defenses in the CFL are fast and can hit as hard as anybody.  
An appeaser is one who feeds a Crocodile, hoping that it will eat him last.  Winston Churchill

brianjoxx

The most likely scenario isn’t even in this poll: that Johnny will be here for two years, mainly as a backup in year one, starting in year two with modest success, he then returns south.
...I agree, that’s most likely what happens...
Ditto!
Can't be serious. NFL DONE, CFL almost done already.

TravelPat1

Huh?  9 of 11(with a drop) in his first real football game in over 2 years after only 13 days with the team and you say 'done already'?  Pfft.

He was better than Hamilton's starter tonight. Mind you that wasn't too high a bar tonight - was it. 

Speaking of Masoli not exactly a complimentary piece about him at halftime. 

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/details-with-derek-taylor-the-man-in-manziel-s-shadow~1408056

Iconic SR

Manziel deserves the scrutiny. The game has paid him millions already and he's received honours and positive press many won't see in an entire career. Yeah, he's got talent. Definitely.

Many now wondering if he has the brains to use his talent wisely. 

FootbalYouBet

9 completions for only 80 yards.  nothing to write home about.

3rd string argo qb had same completion numbers but over 120 yards.  Not yac yards either.

I expect Manziel will do better but the wait is on

TravelPat1

June Jones said in his post-game that he didn't call any downfield plays for Manziel - so ending up with 80 yards on 9 completions is the result. I would have loved to see a couple of attempts downfield - but I guess we'll have to wait for his next game for that. At least he didn't throw any interceptions. 

Jones seemed satisfied. 

he (Manziel) did some good things. He's got a good game presence about him. He knew what was going on ... he wasn't rattled, he wasn't flustered. Obviously he scrambled around and made a couple of plays. I think he's going to get better and better every time he plays."
Manziel did about what I expected last night. OK for his first action in the CFL and his first pro action in over 2 years. Hopefully that improves each time out as he learns the game and his receivers. 

Masoli's performance on the other hand was nowhere near what most Cats fans are hoping for and expecting from him this year. We need him to be much better - fast. 

Users Online

40 Guests, 1 User (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
of course, Google (AdSense), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)