An MOP
9.4%
6 (9.4%)
The best QB in CFL history
4.7%
3 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

TravelPat1

The most likely scenario isn’t even in this poll: that Johnny will be here for two years, mainly as a backup in year one, starting in year two with modest success, he then returns south.
...I agree, that’s most likely what happens...
Ditto!

Aerial

It'll be interesting to see what happens with him, that's for sure.  I really hope it works out for him however he defines success for himself.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

GC Bound

Or he might could get hurt, putting him out of action.
It's not like the guy is in 'great football shape'

Commonwealth_Stadium

Manziel will likely be the best QB in the CFL next season. No doubt. He should still be playing in the NFL but he just wasn't ready and also the Browns weren't ready for his playing style. Great coaching is key and he will get that in Hamilton.

Most people never watched Manziel when he was playing in the NCAA only on highlights. He was the best QB they have ever seen in the NCAA.

OskeeweeneeVI

The most likely scenario isn’t even in this poll: that Johnny will be here for two years, mainly as a backup in year one, starting in year two with modest success, he then returns south.
I'm hoping your wrong, but if I had to put money on an option I'd be going with yours.

Hammertown Proud

May I ask why folks think he would "return south" with only "moderate success" in year two?

Can someone explain how that logic makes sense?

Who would want him south if he only had "moderate success" in the CFL?

RedandWhite

...to me ‘moderate success’ includes keeping his personal life free of drama which is what was holding back an NFL offer...if he leads a productive non-TMZ life and has a moderately decent output on the field some NFL team will pick him up...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Where's the option for "...do better than anyone the Als currently have on their roster"?  8) 8)
LMAO !!! Drew Willy  ;D ......Keep em coming Kavis .  ???  ::)
Drew Willy is playing so well in camp, that he made former NFL star Josh Freeman retire!  :P
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

everyman

Manziel just may find that Canada and the CFL offers him something that the microscope of the NFL and American celebrity does not. Peace, football success, enjoyment of a real life. Who knows?

Kaepernick too. He's one guy I really hope ends up in the CFL.

Sometimes it's not just about the money. Especially if you've already got it.

Mightygoose

Where's the option for "...do better than anyone the Als currently have on their roster"?  8) 8)
LMAO !!! Drew Willy  ;D ......Keep em coming Kavis .  ???  ::)
Drew Willy is playing so well in camp, that he made former NFL star Josh Freeman retire!  :P
Ouch! Good point but it does make me feel better giving up a 1st rounder for Drew  :D

Iconic SR

What does 'return south' mean? In the context of your prediction that JM has moderate success here?

Are you saying Johnny gets signed in the NFL after being mediocre here? I can't see that happening. Just trying to interpret what you're trying to say.

Aerial

Remember Sean Salisbury?  I think you can have some decent success here in the CFL but then go sign in the NFL and Salisbury is a perfect example I'd say.

Quite possible that "all" JM has to do is the same actually albeit Salisbury showed he had the stuff in the CFL winning a GC.

Salisbury’s ten-year professional career began in 1986 with the Seattle Seahawks. from Seattle he moved to Indianapolis in 1987.

Sean was released by Indianapolis and signed with Winnipeg in September 1988. Salisbury proved to be a quick study of the Canadian game and led the Bombers down the stretch throwing 11 touchdowns and 1,566 yards in 7 games as Winnipeg finished the season 9-9.

In the '88 playoffs Winnipeg defeated Hamilton 35-28 to move on to the Eastern Final where they upset the 14-4 Argonauts in Toronto 27-11 to advance to the Grey Cup versus British Columbia. At Ottawa's Lansdowne Park Sean threw for 246 yards and a touchdown as Winnipeg edged out B.C. 22-21 to capture the Grey Cup.

In 1989 Sean returned as Winnipeg's starting quarterback and led the Eastern division with 4,049 yards passing and 26 touchdowns as Winnipeg finished the year 7-11. Salisbury ran into trouble for his attitude with coach Cal Murphy.  It was the eve of the 1989 CFL playoffs and Winnipeg GM Cal Murphy had decided to rid the Blue Bombers of their starting quarterback, Sean Salisbury.

And an untried, unproven Lee Saltz replaced him. "Our quarterback was a guy who I thought was the worst starter in CFL history, and I told him that, too," former linebacker James (Wild) West recalled from his Atlanta home recently. "Then we beat Toronto in the semifinal and we gave him the game ball. I told him, 'Yup, you played a great game but you're still the worst starter in CFL history!' But he took it pretty good.

West never had a quarrel with Salisbury's banishment.
"It wasn't a big deal for us because he was becoming a recluse," said West, 50. "And he gave everyone the impression he was carrying the team. But he didn't win the (1988) Grey Cup for us, it was our defence.
"It was the defence that was selling tickets and winning games, and the fans there really understood that. We made defence fun for the fans. I have great memories about the thrill of that crowd."

Winnipeg was defeated by Hamilton in the Eastern final 14-10 in Sean's last game in Canadian football. He returned to the NFL for the 1990 season with the Minnesota Vikings.

Minnesota (1990-94) and San Diego (1996).  Upon his return to the NFL with Minnesota he was named the NFL’s Player of the Week in 1992 when he threw for 386 yards against the Denver Broncos. ...

Chestmaster

... somewhere between huge failure and best ever is my guess
Posted using the new Blackberry Keyone

KevinRiley2

... somewhere between huge failure and best ever is my guess
Heeeeeeerrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee's Johnny!  
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

BCRiderFan

May I ask why folks think he would "return south" with only "moderate success" in year two?

Can someone explain how that logic makes sense?

Who would want him south if he only had "moderate success" in the CFL?
Because that's all it will take for NFL interest. He just needs to work hard and be humble. That's it, they know he has talent, that's not the issue.
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

Users Online

54 Guests, 2 Users (15 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
OskeeweeneeVI, of course, Google (AdSense), Google (13), Baidu

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)