dcmoses

He lost a challenge as he should have. There was no PI on the play.

He got a flag for his tantrum but ejection would have been excessive. He may get fined and he should but that's it.

oilerrocker

He got a flag for his tantrum but ejection would have been excessive. He may get fined and he should but that's it.
I agree with that I didn't think the play was worth challenging . The league needs to look at this game and interview the officials and find out what bar they were at before the game.

rcon

I am definitely not an Edmonton fan, but Calgary is really getting calls from the officials. There were two roughing the passer calls (one helmet to helmet and one below the knees) and one late hit out of bounds on last series punt return that were not called. I could see why Maas was upset. This crew and Kim Murphy crew are crap. 

dcmoses

I agree with that I didn't think the play was worth challenging . The league needs to look at this game and interview the officials and find out what bar they were at before the game.
The on field officials have done a great job this season....except for this game. Horribly officiated. Missed the helmet hit on Rielly, a Calgary drive for a TD that was first boosted by a phantom PI call then a phantom offside at the 1. 

The idiocy was going both ways and it stunk just as bad at both ends of the field.

oilerrocker

I am definitely not an Edmonton fan, but Calgary is really getting calls from the officials. There were two roughing the passer calls (one helmet to helmet and one below the knees) and one late hit out of bounds on last series punt return that were not called. I could see why Maas was upset. This crew and Kim Murphy crew are crap.
Not to mention the blatant punch on O'Donnell when he was on his back. Their are 2 standards when it comes to Bo Levi and Reilly, if you so much as bump Bo it's RTP call while Reilly takes shot after shot and gets nothing . 

rhymes with orange

Oh please. When was the last time a throat slash WASN'T called in a professional football game? That rule is black and white and has been on the books for years. It's going to be called 10 times out of 10 by on OR off-field officials.

Another rule that might be new....is no weapon simulation

I cant remember who it was...Maybe Edmonton, but a player was flagged on  2 consecutives plays for pretending to take out a sword slice and then put it in its sheath   It was during the preseason
Seem to me it was a Canadian d lineman but the name escapes me,  I may also be wrong about it.....
The guy you are thinking of is Craig Roh (he's an American who attended U of Michigan). He got one unsportsman like conduct penalty after a sack but didn't hear (over all the boos at BC Place) that it was for his (rather innocent) simulation of an imaginary sword going into in its imaginary holster. So the very next play, he gets another sack and does it again and get another 15-yarder. ;D PC run amok!

Preisst

Oh please. When was the last time a throat slash WASN'T called in a professional football game? That rule is black and white and has been on the books for years. It's going to be called 10 times out of 10 by on OR off-field officials.

Another rule that might be new....is no weapon simulation

I cant remember who it was...Maybe Edmonton, but a player was flagged on  2 consecutives plays for pretending to take out a sword slice and then put it in its sheath   It was during the preseason
Seem to me it was a Canadian d lineman but the name escapes me,  I may also be wrong about it.....
The guy you are thinking of is Craig Roh (he's an American who attended U of Michigan). He got one unsportsman like conduct penalty after a sack but didn't hear (over all the boos at BC Place) that it was for his (rather innocent) simulation of an imaginary sword going into in its imaginary holster. So the very next play, he gets another sack and does it again and get another 15-yarder. ;D PC run amok!
thanks.....i couldn't remember all those specifics but didn't see it and was trying to remember based on what I read and heard.......
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

ro1313

Not to mention the blatant punch on O'Donnell when he was on his back. Their are 2 standards when it comes to Bo Levi and Reilly, if you so much as bump Bo it's RTP call while Reilly takes shot after shot and gets nothing .
I could not agree more.....And its not just those 2...  Some QBs are open season and others you look at them funny and its a penalty

Stampguy

At first I thought he was whining about the PI challenge which is silly cuz if anything it was offensive interference.

I now think he was whining about the non-call on the roughing play on Reilly that wasn't called and then the concussion protocol they enforced,  gotta admit it's contradictory.

That said a HC needs to keep his cool better then that.....
Yup, if anything it was offensive interference on Williams as he was draped all over Adeleke who had great position in coverage.

The hit on Reilly happened in the 3rd qtr, the Maas hissy fit occurred before halftime.

oilerrocker

At first I thought he was whining about the PI challenge which is silly cuz if anything it was offensive interference.

I now think he was whining about the non-call on the roughing play on Reilly that wasn't called and then the concussion protocol they enforced,  gotta admit it's contradictory.

Yup, if anything it was offensive interference on Williams as he was draped all over Adeleke who had great position in coverage.

The hit on Reilly happened in the 3rd qtr, the Maas hissy fit occurred before halftime.
Nobody is really disputing that call . I'm disputing the late hit, the punch the fumble by Parker on Calgary last possession and the UNR no call on the last kick off.

dcmoses

Nobody is really disputing that call . I'm disputing the late hit, the punch the fumble by Parker on Calgary last possession and the UNR no call on the last kick off.
Agreed. Maas lost his lunch over a correct call that didn't go his way. There were a couple of phantom PI calls and the non call on the late hit out of bounds on the last kick off was so late and so obvious someone should lose their job for not calling that.

oilerrocker

Leave little Jason alone , I mean he can't help it if he was dropped once or twice on his head at an early age .  ::)  ;D

Criticize the man all you want but to make fun of someone's looks is downright disrespectful.

bobo82

Leave little Jason alone , I mean he can't help it if he was dropped once or twice on his head at an early age .  ::)  ;D

Criticize the man all you want but to make fun of someone's looks is downright disrespectful.
 LOL !!! So whose criticizing ? as far as I know this is an actual photo of Jason Maas when he was a baby . It's also I think the last pic of him when he had actual hair on his head ;D......Sorry buddy but I'm anything BUT Politically Correct . Remember , I come from the land of that infamous until recently monster of HC's that was renown world wide as the big , bad and nasty "Shovel Face " . You see the thing of it is , is that a lot of people got mad and angry and annoyed when Austin was called that but I was never one of those people . It's called a thick skin and also not taking things too seriously in life my friend . 8) :) .......

Cheers , here's hoping that your 4 game losing streak ends this weekend when you take on that team from Toronto that everyone  seems to ignore in that city . :o 

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Farnorthtrader

I couldn't let pass the comment that the officiating has been good.  If you really believe that, you have not watched a single Calgary game all year.  Not sure whether it is willful blindness or just an unconscious bias, but Calgary never gets called for anything where judgement is involved, especially at critical times in the game.  The headshot on Reilly and the shove way out of bounds on the return are perfect examples.
I am an eskimos fan and fully admit that they deserve pretty much every penalty they get but Calgary gets next to no roughing penalties (there should have been at least three in this game), almost no holding penalties (you could call holding on pretty much every play by every team, but it is rarely called on Calgary), and they get very few PI calls against them.

dcmoses

I couldn't let pass the comment that the officiating has been good.  If you really believe that, you have not watched a single Calgary game all year.  Not sure whether it is willful blindness or just an unconscious bias, but Calgary never gets called for anything where judgement is involved, especially at critical times in the game.  The headshot on Reilly and the shove way out of bounds on the return are perfect examples.
I am an eskimos fan and fully admit that they deserve pretty much every penalty they get but Calgary gets next to no roughing penalties (there should have been at least three in this game), almost no holding penalties (you could call holding on pretty much every play by every team, but it is rarely called on Calgary), and they get very few PI calls against them.
If you really believe the officiating has not been good, you have not watched a single game in the last 10 years. The Calgary/Edmonton game last weekend was the worst officiated game I've seen this season, but to say there has not been a dramatic improvement in the on field officiating this season is ridiculous. 

And this is coming from one of the most vocal critics of what the league has attempted to pass of as officiating for the last several seasons. Now the deaf and blind mute doing video review, that's another story.

Users Online

163 Guests, 16 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bohdon, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, rpaege, KevinRiley2, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, danoc_86, RichardVeilleux, Taleback, pw13, BillyDee87, Lyle B. Style, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)