brihind88

Yes...if a 41 year old Head Coach believes his temper tantrums are the best way to motivate the most undisciplined team in the league good luck to him. He should be proud of his strategy. Working well.
I think getting screwed by officiating had a lot to do with it. CFL has to fix the problem with officiating .
Last nights game was the first time I can remember an off field official calling a penalty in a critical time of the game (throat slash) .
Was it the same official that stopped the play to to check Reilly for a concussion, if so why wasn't the head shot called.
Their are many other examples of the Esks getting screwed last night .
If players do not want a slash penalty at a critical time of the game , they should not slash.

Very simple.

If it makes you feel better to blame the refs, have at it.

West

Yes...if a 41 year old Head Coach believes his temper tantrums are the best way to motivate the most undisciplined team in the league good luck to him. He should be proud of his strategy. Working well.
I think getting screwed by officiating had a lot to do with it. CFL has to fix the problem with officiating .
Last nights game was the first time I can remember an off field official calling a penalty in a critical time of the game (throat slash) .
Was it the same official that stopped the play to to check Reilly for a concussion, if so why wasn't the head shot called.
The throat slash is a penalty every time. He should have never been that stupid. 

Starbuck23

Agree. Coaches can get mad but he crossed a line. He should be fined. Felt bad for the head ref. 

Why don't they have professional refs that are paid to ref.  Right now I'd wide the slate clean and get rid of the older ones that have proved they don't let the players play b
There can be only one!!!
AH Beer!  The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!

Sofakingmeee

If players do not want a slash penalty at a critical time of the game , they should not slash.

Very simple.

If it makes you feel better to blame the refs, have at it.
The throat slash was a legit if stupid penalty. It's the others that decided the game. The non pass interference on Adeleke and the unbelievable non headshot call on Reilly. (Then forcing Reilly out? WTF).... Are just a couple of examples. Pivotal calls that they got completely ass backwards. I've always been told the officiating is laughably bad by my friends that watch the NFL.... I love the CFL and I am not laughing.

papazoola

.....Maas lost it on a challenge flag he threw on what he supposed was a pass interference call on Williams...It was a weak challenge, as I thought, along with the refs, that it was not interference and actually could have been a called penalty on the receiver...Why Maas went into orbit on that 'iffy' play I'll never know....He looked more like a maniac than passionate for his club...I agree with Lyle....fine him and make it a good one to discourage that kind of display ...I think the Esks. did draw a bench penalty but that won't do a heck of a lot to stifle that kind of crap...Jason looked like a 'nutbar' throwing his earphones and destroying them...Someone should have 'straight jacketed' him and made him sit on the bench till he cooled off...Some of his players looked embarrassed as heck and looked away as his tirade continued...Couldn't blame them.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

bobo82

Leave little Jason alone , I mean he can't help it if he was dropped once or twice on his head at an early age .  ::)  ;D

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Preisst

At first I thought he was whining about the PI challenge which is silly cuz if anything it was offensive interference.

I now think he was whining about the non-call on the roughing play on Reilly that wasn't called and then the concussion protocol they enforced,  gotta admit it's contradictory.

That said a HC needs to keep his cool better then that.....
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

papazoola

.....Good one bobo....Jason needs a pacifier I think :'(

ro1313

Oh please. When was the last time a throat slash WASN'T called in a professional football game? That rule is black and white and has been on the books for years. It's going to be called 10 times out of 10 by on OR off-field officials.

Another rule that might be new....is no weapon simulation

I cant remember who it was...Maybe Edmonton, but a player was flagged on  2 consecutives plays for pretending to take out a sword slice and then put it in its sheath   It was during the preseason

Preisst

Oh please. When was the last time a throat slash WASN'T called in a professional football game? That rule is black and white and has been on the books for years. It's going to be called 10 times out of 10 by on OR off-field officials.

I cant remember who it was...Maybe Edmonton, but a player was flagged on  2 consecutives plays for pretending to take out a sword slice and then put it in its sheath   It was during the preseason
Seem to me it was a Canadian d lineman but the name escapes me,  I may also be wrong about it.....

Lyle B. Style

I cant remember who it was...Maybe Edmonton, but a player was flagged on  2 consecutives plays for pretending to take out a sword slice and then put it in its sheath   It was during the preseason
Seem to me it was a Canadian d lineman but the name escapes me,  I may also be wrong about it.....
That was Chi Chi Rodriquez - a 5'5", 108 lb. pro golfer from the 60s, 70s, 80s
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

Preisst

I remember Chi Chi,  he was an entertaining chap........in those days the sheepull weren't as easily offended and his sword swath didn't seem to bother anyone....

In respect to the throat slash, it is well known that it is penalty and not sure why a player would be so stupid as to do it at such a pivotal time in the game......

raymarkca

Kind of the point i made earlier there are lots of stupid things players do.   Nobody seems to be complaining that Duke Williams humped the goal post after his TD.   Nobody complains when they shoot fake guns in the air.  God knows whatever else people will take as being inappropriate celebrations.    The cost of the penalty for this stuff is way to much.   Ya players should know better but hit them where it hurts individually .... wallet.    Do not punish the whole team for one man's stupid play.    Let the play stand  give the offending player a  "tech foul" like in basketball.  Do it again your out of the game.   Fines a coming afterwards.   Giving Calgary the free yards and a first down is not the right answer in my opinion.    As the rule stands now of course it is the right call. CC did nothing wrong there simply enforcing the rule, but the rule itself is dumb.   

I think I am getting a concussion banging my head from some of the thread posts on this forum, someone better give me a concussion protocol test.
Life is blog, or maybe it is like a box of chocolates.  Exercise your mind as well as your body.
Warning subject matter may require thinking outside the box.
Visit
http://www.raymark.ca

bobo82

I remember Chi Chi,  he was an entertaining chap........in those days the sheepull weren't as easily offended and his sword swath didn't seem to bother anyone....
LOL!!!! Yup , Les Nessman's favourite golfer .....Chi Chi Rodriquez  ;D Classic  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_fq4RQgwuA

Yup , nowadays with all the delicate doilies out there in the PC crowd they would be changing his sword swinging club routine into a kid friendly Star Wars light sabre so as to not offend anyone ...... ???  8)

oilerrocker

If anything, I thought Maas could have had an issue with roughing the passer on the play, but not the decision to protect his own player. What if Reilly has headaches and dizzy spells today? He'll feel pretty foolish (if he doesn't already after destroying his headset on the correct call).

Then he brings up Reilly's "toughest in the league" award, somehow conflating one's physical toughness and high pain tolerance with resistance to mild traumatic brain injury in the process? I thought Maas was supposed to be a bright guy. Just sounds more like a sore loser to me.
When was the last time a throat slash penalty or any other penalty has been called by an OFF FiEILD official. I'm not disputing that it's not a penalty, disputing who called it. Plus the late hit on a kickoff late in the game, and the punch from  #56 Calgary while O' Donnel is on his back,ref was standing right there. The CFL needs to address the issues with its officiating,its become a real joke . Maybe what Maas did last night will finally make the league wake up and address the problem.

Users Online

163 Guests, 16 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bohdon, Chewbaca1973, ExPat, rpaege, KevinRiley2, raymarkca, sully, Niagara Als, danoc_86, RichardVeilleux, Taleback, pw13, BillyDee87, Lyle B. Style, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 365. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)