Lyle B. Style

and fined a substantial amount, to boot . . .

worst temper tantrum I've seen from a head coach in many years . . . . since halcyon days of Adam Rita, Cal Murphy, Don Matthews, Mike Kelly

But Maas is a particularly vile individual - looking for trouble - last year he refused to don microphones for TSN production, only coach to do so

Now this!

He knew there were no real consequences for losing his mind and tossing around the headset like yesterday's garbage. . . . . only a meaningless 10 yd penalty - meaningless cuz only 5 killable seconds left on the clock!

Toss him out, fine him $1500 plus half his game cheque and he'll be a bit more discreet the next time he choses to blow up . . .
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

depopulationINC

and fined a substantial amount, to boot . . .

worst temper tantrum I've seen from a head coach in many years . . . . since halcyon days of Adam Rita, Cal Murphy, Don Matthews, Mike Kelly

But Maas is a particularly vile individual - looking for trouble - last year he refused to don microphones for TSN production, only coach to do so

Now this!

He knew there were no real consequences for losing his mind and tossing around the headset like yesterday's garbage. . . . . only a meaningless 10 yd penalty - meaningless cuz only 5 killable seconds left on the clock!

Toss him out, fine him $1500 plus half his game cheque and he'll be a bit more discreet the next time he choses to blow up . . .
He is not alone in temper tantrums from coaches that need to be stemmed.  It has gotten ridiculous the past few years.  Losing it a bit every now ant then...ok...there are a few of these guys that it is continual and it needs to be hammered down on.  Austin got a slight slap and actually cleaned up his act a fair bit...there are a couple more to go.

raymarkca

Dickenson has more tantrums and usually over nothing.  I was not home to see the game but I am assuming Mass's blowup was because of the ridiculous concussion protocol call on Reilly.  I would probably have a mini tantrum too.   Not to mention the objectionable conduct call allowing Calgary to drive the field for the last TD.  As the rules are now the call is correct, but to be honest I think its ridiculous.  A fake throat slash may be a dumb thing to do in bad taste, but a game should not be decided over something like that (yes calgary's drive involved more then just that play but it more than likely would have been over without that call).  There are many other dumb things players do that are allowed (like some bad taste end zone celebrations) that do not get called.   
Life is blog, or maybe it is like a box of chocolates.  Exercise your mind as well as your body.
Warning subject matter may require thinking outside the box.
Visit
http://www.raymark.ca

RBFan2014

Dickenson has more tantrums and usually over nothing.  I was not home to see the game but I am assuming Mass's blowup was because of the ridiculous concussion protocol call on Reilly.  I would probably have a mini tantrum too.   Not to mention the objectionable conduct call allowing Calgary to drive the field for the last TD.  As the rules are now the call is correct, but to be honest I think its ridiculous.  A fake throat slash may be a dumb thing to do in bad taste, but a game should not be decided over something like that (yes calgary's drive involved more then just that play but it more than likely would have been over without that call).  There are many other dumb things players do that are allowed (like some bad taste end zone celebrations) that do not get called.  
But in regards to concussions the league and players can't have it both ways. The league keeps getting sued and subject to negative publicity by former players over concussions. Rielly got rocked and could certainly have had a concussion based on that hit, so they did their due diligence and had him checked out. 

Maas also had a tantrum over a lost challenge before the end of the half. He should definitely be subject to some sort of discipline from the league. 

raymarkca

But in regards to concussions the league and players can't have it both ways. The league keeps getting sued and subject to negative publicity by former players over concussions. Rielly got rocked and could certainly have had a concussion based on that hit, so they did their due diligence and had him checked out.

Maas also had a tantrum over a lost challenge before the end of the half. He should definitely be subject to some sort of discipline from the league.
I could wake up out of bed and have a concussion.  While I get protecting players and lawsuits Reilly himself was objecting and put back in the game three plays later. Which is another thing that's dumb.  Point being that it's hard to fault Maas for overreacting when the rules are dumb and inconsistent.  If we want to see less coaches tantrums let's start by fixing the dumb rules that affect the game's far too much.  For example the objectionable conduct play should follow basketball s technical foul model.  Two and you're out of the game. Repeat offence s subject to large fines.  However the play on the field stands.  

West

Good for him! Nice to see a little fire from him. 

everyman

Yes...if a 41 year old Head Coach believes his temper tantrums are the best way to motivate the most undisciplined team in the league good luck to him. He should be proud of his strategy. Working well.

PTBO Dave

I could wake up out of bed and have a concussion.  

If you find this is happening to you with some frequency, then you must have married the same kind of woman I did.  ;D

oilerrocker

Yes...if a 41 year old Head Coach believes his temper tantrums are the best way to motivate the most undisciplined team in the league good luck to him. He should be proud of his strategy. Working well.
I think getting screwed by officiating had a lot to do with it. CFL has to fix the problem with officiating . 
Last nights game was the first time I can remember an off field official calling a penalty in a critical time of the game (throat slash) . 
Was it the same official that stopped the play to to check Reilly for a concussion, if so why wasn't the head shot called. 
Their are many other examples of the Esks getting screwed last night .

Johnny Ticat slayer

Maas looked like a buffoon! He would be perfect in the WWE with that kind of display...
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

argonutII

Sometimes there is the "last straw" factor. Things build and build and then the latest dumb official call puts a person over the edge. 

The players and coaches are professionals while the officials are amateurs. The CFL only gets what they pay for. 

oilerrocker

Sometimes there is the "last straw" factor. Things build and build and then the latest dumb official call puts a person over the edge.

The players and coaches are professionals while the officials are amateurs. The CFL only gets what they pay for.
Agree with this 👆How much longer till the fans get turned off .

bobo82

Leave old Dopey.......errrr Jason alone . Every 40 something yr old has a temper tantrum from time to time........ ;D
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

rhymes with orange

I think getting screwed by officiating had a lot to do with it. CFL has to fix the problem with officiating .
Last nights game was the first time I can remember an off field official calling a penalty in a critical time of the game (throat slash) .
Was it the same official that stopped the play to to check Reilly for a concussion, if so why wasn't the head shot called.
Their are many other examples of the Esks getting screwed last night .
Oh please. When was the last time a throat slash WASN'T called in a professional football game? That rule is black and white and has been on the books for years. It's going to be called 10 times out of 10 by on OR off-field officials.

If anything, I thought Maas could have had an issue with roughing the passer on the play, but not the decision to protect his own player. What if Reilly has headaches and dizzy spells today? He'll feel pretty foolish (if he doesn't already after destroying his headset on the correct call).

Then he brings up Reilly's "toughest in the league" award, somehow conflating one's physical toughness and high pain tolerance with resistance to mild traumatic brain injury in the process? I thought Maas was supposed to be a bright guy. Just sounds more like a sore loser to me.

Sofakingmeee

The officiating is enough to drive any professional crazy.... The cherry on the sunday was the non pass interference call on Adeleke. It was mind boggling. I think the rules committee could show that video to describe pass interference. The referee is looking right at the play and there's no head shot call when clearly it was helmet to chin on Reilly. At such a crucial time in the game.... No wonder he lost his sh**t. It was the culmination I think that broke him. I know it broke me.... The refereeing in the CFL has always been a bit of a joke. It was an absolute laugh riot last night. Well if you play for Calgary that is.

Users Online

114 Guests, 16 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
toddstattoo, PTBO Dave, Rider_6, Lyle B. Style, btharner, bohdon, Iconic SR, 150GAGE, VICIOUSCIRCLE, OskeeweeneeVI, themuck, sully, Obrigardo, Mightygoose, Yahoo!, Google (15), Baidu

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)