Iconic SR

At this weekend's CFL Commissioner Tour event at Mosaic Stadium, Randy Ambrosie shared an interesting story about a cab ride he took while enroute to Investors Group Field in Wpg last season. As they approached the stadium, the immigrant/new Canadian cab driver had realized that Ambrosie was obviously a CFL person, and he asked if he could ask Ambrosie a question. He asked if Ambrosie thought that he and members of his new Canadian community would be welcome at a CFL game? Ambrosie was a bit surprised at the guys perspective, who admittedly said they knew little about the CFL game - but wanted to learn. Ambrosie took the guys contact info and passed it along to the Bombers president. It took some planning, but the Bombers were able to reach out and connect with these new Canadians and subsequently hosted a large group of them at a game last year. Was a big success and they made inroads into a new market of prospective fans - that otherwise would possibly only remain on the outside looking in. The game day experience became a great selling tool.

We discussed this today at a family gathering and within our small group of 20 or so,  - two family members shared similar stories that the immigrants from India and Pakistan etc that they work with had also expressed an interest in the sport but just didn't feel comfortable enough to just wade in - primarily due to the passion and knowledge that existing CFL fans possessed.

Sounds like a huge opportunity for growing the fan base. Invite an immigrant or new Canadian to a CFL game.

MrLucky

I purchase two extra Season Tickets each year, just for this purpose. I try to bring different friends and/or acquaintances to games, to introduce them to the CFL. I intentionally try to find people that have not gone to games before, so that they can learn and enjoy our great game, the same that I do.

When I started doing this 5 years ago, we had 3 tickets ... now "my" group has 9 tickets total, with a few more that are interested, but for one reason or another, just haven't "taken the plunge" ... yet.

It's really fun to introduce new people to the game. They even don't mind McMahon Stadium! :o

<Insert Smoking Cowboy Here>

brianjoxx

I purchase two extra Season Tickets each year, just for this purpose. I try to bring different friends and/or acquaintances to games, to introduce them to the CFL. I intentionally try to find people that have not gone to games before, so that they can learn and enjoy our great game, the same that I do.

When I started doing this 5 years ago, we had 3 tickets ... now "my" group has 9 tickets total, with a few more that are interested, but for one reason or another, just haven't "taken the plunge" ... yet.

It's really fun to introduce new people to the game. They even don't mind McMahon Stadium! :o

Very well done! Nice

Iconic SR

This is awesome

Argo Tailgater

I hope the league can attract new Canadian fans. That is where the population growth will come from for the country.  So if the league is going to grow it’s base, then it too needs to draw from the new pool of Canadians. 

Toronto is very multicultural, Argo games not so much. If they want to increase the crowd size, they need to branch out. But MLSE knows home to do that, TFC and the Raptors are much more reflective of Toronto’s multiculturalism. So time will tell. 

Iconic SR

I hope the league can attract new Canadian fans. That is where the population growth will come from for the country.  So if the league is going to grow it’s base, then it too needs to draw from the new pool of Canadians.

Toronto is very multicultural, Argo games not so much. If they want to increase the crowd size, they need to branch out. But MLSE knows home to do that, TFC and the Raptors are much more reflective of Toronto’s multiculturalism. So time will tell.
It was very eye opening to hear Ambrosie’s enlightening conversation with the Wpg cab driver. Personally I’m also guilty of assuming the immigrants that I know and interact with aren’t interested in the CFL because they’re pretty passionate and involved with soccer and cricket etc. Maybe they just need a simple invitation to the CFL. 

Hank01

It was very eye opening to hear Ambrosie’s enlightening conversation with the Wpg cab driver. Personally I’m also guilty of assuming the immigrants that I know and interact with aren’t interested in the CFL because they’re pretty passionate and involved with soccer and cricket etc. Maybe they just need a simple invitation to the CFL.

Very well done! Nice

Good show . Excellent .
MY NEW HERO JORDAN PETERSON FOR PRIME MINISTER

Iconic SR

Mod Edit:

Let's keep this about football. Discussions of politics and religion tend to quickly go nowhere good.

ticat1

I've been thinking this exact thing. 

A guy I work with is from El Salvador and mentioned he was interested in the super bowl but didn't know the rules. I talked with him for about 20 minutes explaining the basics and now he wants to come out to a game. 

It just takes a bit of outreach by fans and organizations and I'm sure we could find thousands of fans. 

I'd love to see all the teams ask to participate in all the various local multicultural events.

Iconic SR

CFL and its teams sponsoring local multicultural events would be a great and relatively inexpensive way to get the league and brands in front of immigrants. Reciprocity is a very big thing in many cultures and these new Canadians may want to support those organizations who support their events. Can't see any down side to spending some CFL and team marketing $ at multicultural gatherings. 

Hank01

CFL and its teams sponsoring local multicultural events would be a great and relatively inexpensive way to get the league and brands in front of immigrants. Reciprocity is a very big thing in many cultures and these new Canadians may want to support those organizations who support their events. Can't see any down side to spending some CFL and team marketing $ at multicultural gatherings.
 Another good idea it really is cost effective and is more time consuming than anything else . You will get more bang for your buck .

Iconic SR

Another good idea it really is cost effective and is more time consuming than anything else . You will get more bang for your buck 
I’m thinking so too

brianjoxx

Well our football is very entertaining so why not

EZ Football Rankings.com

Mod edit: Please avoid posting broad generalizations about groups of people.

FootbalYouBet

Mod edit: Please avoid posting broad generalizations about groups of people.
thank you mod.  I almost complained about it myself.
The worst thing about being on the west coast is that when I want to post at night, everyone else is asleep or passed out

Users Online

63 Guests, 12 Users (3 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
raymarkca, shadowski, toddstattoo, Palmer, Ramrod, Sidney, SteelCitySteve, bobo82, everyman, Google (2), Baidu

Most Online Today: 106. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)