RA

I don't think teams are allowed to retain salary in a trade in the CFL

BC's 2019 1st round pick is owned by WPG, so that is out
They might consider something like, Jennings, Rainey and Vandervoort plus a pick,
but,
June Jones has full control of ALL player personnel, He had it written into his 3 year contract and IMHO he would not be a big fan of trading Manziel

Of course this will not happen. But I think three players and a pick is way to much for an unproven player who has very little playing time in the league and frankly he did nothing for a Browns team so his worth would be one player that is pproven Jennings for one unproven QB. It is not going to happen

DAN38

What is in it for Hamilton ?

Maybe for a boat load of cash for all the work the Cats put in and to offset all the Cat's fans ticked off they made such a move .

That's maybe one of the biggest problems in the league . Let the competitive side remain just that competitive .

None of this charity and social equalization of talent  stuff that turns fans off of the league .

That Ray trade to Toronto was not exactly seen as a normal business transaction .

In terms of value it has done nothing but actually may of hurt the leagues image to some .

If anything Wally is well known for having the ability to some how find QB's .
Let this happen by natural means .

You took the words out my mouth, Hank. That's two times today. ;D

How has Toronto or BC ever helped another team ? And thereby helped the league. Enough of this crap or else why bother having different teams. Just one big happy family, eh ?

Hamilton should keep everything they get. I've never seen any team help them out.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

DAN38

I think Jennings has been marked down via his benching vs. a weak defense like Winnipeg. He actually made a weak defense look good last week.

Hey Lyle, didn't you continually blame Richie Hall for the 'weak' defense ? I didn't realize the problem was deeper. Please enlighten all of us.

rshmglsky

You took the words out my mouth, Hank. That's two times today. ;D

How has Toronto or BC ever helped another team ? And thereby helped the league. Enough of this crap or else why bother having different teams. Just one big happy family, eh ?

Hamilton should keep everything they get. I've never seen any team help them out.
Hey we gave them Casey Printers;p

DAN38

I thought I might get some flak. I didn't expect humour. ;D Good one, rshmglsky !

brianjoxx

Jennings is not going any where. Lulay will be injured soon. Jennings the starter.
Can hardly wait for JM to play a few downs out west this fall. His wounded duck pass will
be shot down quickly.

EsksfansDan1964

Manziel to Saskatchewan or BC would be a good trade for him and the league. His Notoriety would also make him a fit in Montreal BUT they would need to design the offense around his creativity as Hammy has with Masoli.

depopulationINC

Hamilton & BC - two arch-enemies of the CFL

I think Jon Jennings time in a Lions uniform has come and gone. His progression seems to have halted - even regressed. Obviously regressed.

Time for a trade - and ensuing discussion....

Jennings for Johnny Football (Manziel)??

BC gets a tour de force guy who can only increase ticket sales and media talk on the left coast. Hamilton gets an athletic but under-trained QB who can manage short yardage and learn under Jerry Masoli & June Jones.

WIN WIN FOR BOTH TEAMS, RIGHT?

I actually think the Lions might have to ship another asset (or two) to the Leos for Manziel - perhaps a couple draft picks in future years, conditional if Manziel continues playing in the CFL. Or pick up part of Jenning's salary - as the full salary might put Hamilton OVER the cap!
So what exactly is in it for Hamilton?  He is a 3 year starter who seems to get worse by the game.  They already have enough depth that they let Adams walk.  Jones loves Johnny...can't see him approving this.  Also, why would BC want this?  Manziel is here for 2 seasons to show he can keep his head on straight...not to prove he can play.  If he never takes a snap it really doesn't likely matter...keep his head on and he likely gets a call from the NFL.  Hamilton would definitely needs picks or other significant assets with the trade.  BC would need to move picks...if there is a good chance JM is down south in 2020 (and there is) they get him for 1.5 season...that means all in within that timeframe...which means selling the future (picks) to chase something today.

tcmike

Manziel will not be traded. Keep on speculating but it won't happen.
Best Game\'s ever. 1986 game 2 Ticat Argo Home and Home East final series and 1998 Eastern Final Hamilton VS Montreal.

FootbalYouBet

I know I really don't want him in BC
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

Users Online

112 Guests, 16 Users (23 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
greenandwhite, Mightygoose, woody, Dr.Whiskey, RichardVeilleux, jim43bob, Cflukb69, Chewbaca1973, Katmandu, FootbalYouBet, TravelPat1, AlsPal, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (14), Baidu

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)