31.3%
5 (31.3%)
Tie
6.3%
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Jul 12 2018, 10:47 PM

rhymes with orange

I think we should resign ourselves to the fact that Thursdays produces "dog" games in the NFL and CFL. This of course is not directed at the Stamps who came to play. Maybe they were the reason Ottawa couldn't get anything going, but it just seems Thursdays produces one-sided blowouts and complete ineptitude. Punting volleys.

Come to think of it, the CFL season hasn't been much to write home about thus far on any night.  

MadJack

Come to think of it, the CFL season hasn't been much to write home about thus far on any night.  
I think you are correct on that.

Iconic SR

I think we should resign ourselves to the fact that Thursdays produces "dog" games in the NFL and CFL. This of course is not directed at the Stamps who came to play. Maybe they were the reason Ottawa couldn't get anything going, but it just seems Thursdays produces one-sided blowouts and complete ineptitude. Punting volleys.

Your post is one of the reasons the CFL struggles. Pessimism and negativity - all from the comfy couch. And not ALL Thursday night games have low viewership. Seems everyone loves to watch the Riders:

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/12/cfl-ratings-report-riders-ticats-game-posts-massive-number/

brianjoxx

...horsie D played awesome, gave the ORB’s nothing to work with...
Calgary play well, about average, hardly broke a sweat. Calgary D good, BUT Ottawa offense
was terrible, just horrible. Beautiful night, great weather, lots fans, Calgary ready to be taken out.
Ottawa flatter then a stampede pancake. Changes need there?

Could Kate wear any more makeup on??

bobo82

Your post is one of the reasons the CFL struggles. Pessimism and negativity - all from the comfy couch. And not ALL Thursday night games have low viewership. Seems everyone loves to watch the Riders:

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/12/cfl-ratings-report-riders-ticats-game-posts-massive-number/
Let's not forget that there was another team playing in that game besides the Riders last Thursday night .  
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

RA

Let's not forget that there was another team playing in that game besides the Riders last Thursday night .  
The Stamp defense made them terrible. Heck all we heard for a week is how Ottawa dismantled the Als! Now  their offense sucks you say. Just maybe you should give credit where it is due to the Calgary defense.

RA

I was looking forward to the game and Ottawa <bleeped> the bed.

Too bad.
The receivers sucked for the RB's Ellingson disappeared. But again give credit where it is due that is one vicious defense.

rhymes with orange

Okay, tell me the difference then between pessimism and realism. I am sure Steve Daniels can offer the statistics through the first month of this season vs past seasons. I am quite sure he will conclude that the number of punts are up in 2018.

And I resent the inplication that my views are all from my "comfy couch." I spend a lot of money every year in seasons tickets (52 yard line), and have been on numerous CFL road trips to watch the Lions play on the road (Calgary about 6x, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Montreal). So I am at least entitled to an opinion about the quality of entertainment this year.

Lastly, while I am very happy about the Hamilton-Saskatchewan TV ratings, you can't draw any conclusion about the league and use the Riders in the argument (i.e., "Thursday Night Football is a success because of the Rider game") They are the outlier and skew the data.

Taleback

Don't bother with him Rhymes. The guy is a Jones lover who thinks Jones is G.M. of the year, coach of the year and is brilliant using his different Q.B. every play. The only way you are permitted to disagree with Mike Neumeir is showing him your G.C. rings. If you have none your opinion means squat.

Iconic SR

Okay, tell me the difference then between pessimism and realism. I am sure Steve Daniels can offer the statistics through the first month of this season vs past seasons. I am quite sure he will conclude that the number of punts are up in 2018.

And I resent the inplication that my views are all from my "comfy couch." I spend a lot of money every year in seasons tickets (52 yard line), and have been on numerous CFL road trips to watch the Lions play on the road (Calgary about 6x, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Montreal). So I am at least entitled to an opinion about the quality of entertainment this year.

Lastly, while I am very happy about the Hamilton-Saskatchewan TV ratings, you can't draw any conclusion about the league and use the Riders in the argument (i.e., "Thursday Night Football is a success because of the Rider game") They are the outlier and skew the data.
I don't believe you are happy at all with those great Thursday night ratings. You're seemingly happier when you're pointing out all the negatives that you can think of. 

Last couple years many whined about the weaker east division (despite them producing the last 2 Grey Cup Champs). This year the whining is about something else. Gets old, and hurts the league.

RA

Wow Rider fan swelled head syndrome at its best! Anway the bad thing with this loss for the RB's is that toher teams have game film on how to stop them and this is going to mean big changes in their offensive scheme and I am not sure their cordinator is smart enough to do just that. 

Users Online

125 Guests, 19 Users (32 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RichardVeilleux, jim43bob, Dr.Whiskey, Cflukb69, Mightygoose, Chewbaca1973, Katmandu, FootbalYouBet, TravelPat1, greenandwhite, AlsPal, VICIOUSCIRCLE, rshmglsky, Lyle B. Style, VideoPgh, Stangbang, Rider_6, Google (AdSense) (12), Google (19), Baidu

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)