swahgade3

We have many things to be thankful for in Canada including the best kind of football: CFL!

Vermonter

KevinRiley2

We have many things to be thankful for in Canada including the best kind of football: CFL!
Amen.  No guarantee the League we LOVE will always be here, so let's be Thankful for it.  Also Thankful for the wonderful country we live in.  
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

brihind88

That is what I like to see.

A citizen who shows patriotism for both sides of the border.

2 best friends in the world.

FYI - England and Scotland do not like each other.

beaglehound

Well said swahgade3!  Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."

jaybird24

I'm thankful I'm not American.

Feel for those rational human beings that have to live with the labels they are painted with because of the actions of a crazy minority.
Huh??

and I know a lot of Americans that are thankful they are not Canadian............. ;)

But let's not get into politics please,  this is a CFL football site.

Vermonter

Is Canada no longer part of the American continent? 

Why am I always the last to find out about such things? 

brihind88

Feel for those rational human beings that have to live with the labels they are painted with because of the actions of a crazy minority.
That's right.

Take a positive thread and turn it into a negative.

brihind88

VERM, 

Do not let the postings of 1 person bring you down.

DC is negative and bitter .

Rod Black , refs, play-off system, politics ....

He just needs to smile more often.

Vermonter

Yeah, he seems like a bit of an SJW, no doubt. 

What evs. At least he likes Football, I guess. 

Aerial

So thankful for what we have in Canada, thank you so much.  Sure, our country isn't without it's problems and warts, but still a pretty darn excellent place to live in that attempts to balance freedom with social consciousness and entrepreneurship to take anyone where they want to go in private risk taking business.  Or at least try.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

dcmoses

That's right.

Take a positive thread and turn it into a negative.
Didn't intend for it be taken as a negative. I'm thankful I'm Canadian. We aren't perfect but still a great place to live.

I am thankful I'm not American because it is not a great place to live right now, very divided and a little dangerous. There are a lot of great Americans and the really crazy ones (has nothing to do with any one political party) are the ones in the news and outside North America they all get labelled as whatever that minority of crazies are.

Maybe poorly worded and not the right thread for it, but wasn't meant as an insult to Americans or our American posters.

brihind88

I am thankful we sit next to the US.

Not next to China or N Korea.

I am grateful to the Canadians who stormed Juno Beach.

Without those guys giving it up, we would not have the CFL or life we live.

We could be on a soccer forum speaking German.

DAN38

VERM,

Do not let the postings of 1 person bring you down.

DC is negative and bitter .

Rod Black , refs, play-off system, politics ....

He just needs to smile more often.
I disagree. DC is not negative and bitter. He just sees incompetence and points it out. Nothing wrong with that. I do it myself very often. I think we all should. The world would be a better place with less incompetence.

I think you, brihind88 and you, Vermonter are good posters also. Let's be thankful we have a guy like DC on our side.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Aerial

DC speaks his mind and that is fine I would say.  I pray for all of humanity that we will learn to love each other more and more every day and respect each others differences and viewpoints.  We are lucky we live in a country that allows a fair bit of freedom of expression and where people can chose whatever faith or non-faith for that matter to follow.  We need to protect our freedoms as much as possible.

Users Online

97 Guests, 4 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PacoAls2017, ExPat, dcmoses, Hamilton2005, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 140. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)