81.3%
13 (81.3%)
Als
18.8%
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Jun 10 2018, 09:17 AM

Hank01

Hank, I let them know via Twitter and cc'ed it to the TiCats.  Just strange.  Yes, if you go to the CHCH website the 6:00 pm newscast had highlights but nothing on the 11:00 pm highlights, you would think they could have fit something in with their coverage of Ovechkin's swimming around in some water celebrating the SC win and other things like the Belmont, Blue Jays etc.
Good stuff Earl  ; Twitter is a great resource to have a voice .
If you want to see all the highlights and even replay the game why not just go on to the TSN site?
I get all my CFL news there or on 3Downnation or here now.
I would never wait around for sports coverage at a certain time on CH or Global or any other station.
If you go to CFL on TSN or 3 Down etc you get CFL ONLY news,  otherwise you have to put up with all the other crap during sports coverages.
  I think it's more about the local station not covering anything about the Cats when they have been a local station for awhile and the Cats are the only pro team with University and Junior Hockey rounding out the mix with high school sports .

Did there license change they seem like a superstation now and not a Hamilton station ?

If my local Ottawa station failed to mention the game during the sports segment I would be perturbed as well . 

The morning Ottawa CTV 2 weekly is filled with local info and supports the community . Use to be the Pembroke station with Valley slang and slant to the news . 
  Miss that small town homey Valley feel to it but it still makes you feel part of a broader Ottawa regional  community .

Way off topic now but ...... 

Barker at half time kinda went long with Manziel comparison making his situation the same as Lawrence Phillips when he related  their health issues .  

That's a long way down to put Manziel in that category as it didn't end well for Phillips . Not so sure he is in Phillips situation as Manziel has way more support and is financially better off to get the better medical treatment .

I would feel insulted by it and I am not sure Barker expressed himself well enough for the resemblance remark . 

Aerial

Hamilton is weird for sure.  CHCH is owned by a Toronto based company and who knows who does the programming with the newscasts from hour of the day and what their biases are.

Hey, sort of sad that CHCH isn't a true Hamilton owned company, but it is what it is.  I guess that's why we always have to be on guard for bias in news reporting, usually we as ordinary citizens don't know what is going on behind the scenes unless you really follow the media schtick biz.  Which I don't.

Ok, wiki mentions it's owned by a Toronto based company Channel Zero which I've never heard of until now that I looked this up.  So who knows how all this works for local news in Hamilton controlled out of Toronto.   :-\

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHCH-DT
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

GHT120

Hamilton is weird for sure.  CHCH is owned by a Toronto based company and who knows who does the programming with the newscasts from hour of the day and what their biases are.

Hey, sort of sad that CHCH isn't a true Hamilton owned company, but it is what it is.  I guess that's why we always have to be on guard for bias in news reporting, usually we as ordinary citizens don't know what is going on behind the scenes unless you really follow the media schtick biz.  Which I don't.

Ok, wiki mentions it's owned by a Toronto based company Channel Zero which I've never heard of until now that I looked this up.  So who knows how all this works for local news in Hamilton controlled out of Toronto.   :-\

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHCH-DT
Channel Zero is an independent Canadian media company that owns over-the-air channel
CHCH-TV and a bouquet of specialty channels including Rewind, Silver Screen Classics,
and Halla Bol Kids TV,
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

TravelPat1

Seems weird CHCH would not have any Cats highlights on the 11PM news especially considering the weekend sports anchor is Justin Dunk - a CFL guy who writes for 3DownNation.

I didn't see the 11PM newscast last night but did watch at 6 - and the Cats led the sportscast on that news with a fair number of highlights of the game being the first story of the sports section of the 6:00PM newscast. 

Aerial

Exactly Pat that's why I'm thinking the 6:00 and 11:00 pm newscasts are programmed or whatever the word is by different individuals.  Which is probably a normative type of thing with this type of media I'm sure at any rate.  Who knows?

TravelPat1

Well Earl - at least CHCH still has a sportscast as part of their local evening news programs. CTV Toronto (owned by Bell with a MUCH larger budget that CHCH would have) totally dropped sports from their hour long evening news program. 

Yes every once in a while they might show one highlight of a Toronto team's game slotted in between two news stories often with the news reporters mispronouncing a players name during the brief mention. 

Considering Bell is part owner of 4 of 5 major sports teams in Toronto it seems a counterintuitive move to me as it potentially limits casual sports fans interest in the teams. 

Let's face it some casual sports fans who watch local CTV News Toronto every night (and not Sportscentre) - who used to get two segments of sports during that hour long telecast with Lance Brown or Joe Tilley. Those segments might be the only place they would get exposure to stories about the Argos and highlights of their games, or stories about upcoming for the Argos, Raps, TFC games or stories about their players that help sell the game.  

Without getting that now on the most watched program in the Toronto market between 6 - 7 each night - is that hurting the teams they oown? 

bobo82

Well CHCH, the local TV station in Hamilton, didn't carry highlights of the game on tonight's newscast,, 11:00pm newscast,  and didn't even mention the game at all!  So not everything is Johnny here, or even the TiCats for that matter around here!
They didn't mention the Ti-Cats on our local news either...

;D ;D
Well maybe if ya lived in Texas instead of Florida.... ;D  ::)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Aerial

Well Earl - at least CHCH still has a sportscast as part of their local evening news programs. CTV Toronto (owned by Bell with a MUCH larger budget that CHCH would have) totally dropped sports from their hour long evening news program.
Interesting, who knows all the ins and outs of programming, I'm sure there are lots of heated discussions in committee meetings about how to utilize the time allotted for news and how much should be devoted to this or that etc.

Bobo, Texas or Florida?  hmmm, I bet the steaks are bigger and better in Texas but Florida has the nicer beaches.  Tough call.  ;)

Users Online

76 Guests, 25 Users (16 Spiders, 6 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ticats4242ticats, stevehvh, Iconic SR, brianjoxx, sportsfan100, FormerlyTurkish, rcon, djrobertson2017, hendy77, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Ferg, rhymes with orange, Taleback, SeaFiddle, Mightygoose, RBFan2014, chosa84, Hammertown Proud, Dexter, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 201. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)