31.3%
5 (31.3%)
Tie
6.3%
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Jul 12 2018, 10:47 PM

rpaege

so, since the Lions were named after mountain peaks (which they were) which could be said to be named after African lions, then it is valid to refer to them as Leos. :)

Right! You said it better than I did.

Vermonter

LOL!
I see what you're trying to do, but I don't think it's necessary.

What are the nicknames of the other CFL teams?

Alouettes...Larks
Argonauts...Boatmen/Scullers
Tiger-Cats...?
Blue Bombers...?
Roughriders...?
Eskimos...?
Stampeders...?
Lions...Leos? (Which is a stupid nickname because we aren't talking African lions here.)
Argos, Ticats, Als, Riders, Bombers, Leos, Stamps, and Esks or Eskies.

Ottawa had the Riders and then the Gades, but nothing for this new team. If ORBs is too far out in the weeds, fine. But they can't be the only team that doesn't have a shorthand version of their name. 

Reds? 

I dunno. Good off season thread, perhaps.

1898, 1900, 02, 25, 26, 40, 51, 60, 68, 69, 73, 76, 2016

RedandWhite

...the Arby’s...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

Abendschan

Interesting stat: Bo-Levi Mitchell could become the fastest player in CFL history to the 60 win mark with a victory tonight over Ottawa at TD Place - his 71st start. Current record holder is Kenny Ploen (Winnipeg) picked up his 60th win in start no. 78 on September 28th 1963 with a 38-30 win at Edmonton.

Hammertown Proud

Kenny won 4 of his 6 Grey Cups though.

:)

IceTheKicker

Argos, Ticats, Als, Riders, Bombers, Leos, Stamps, and Esks or Eskies.

Ottawa had the Riders and then the Gades, but nothing for this new team. If ORBs is too far out in the weeds, fine. But they can't be the only team that doesn't have a shorthand version of their name.

Reds?

I dunno. Good off season thread, perhaps.
I don't consider just shortening a team's name to be a nickname, or very clever.

(I forgot about Tabbies for the Tiger-Cats btw.)

But yes, best to be discussed in its own thread, not a game thread.
Pull Together!

tabbiefan72

Yeah I haven't been too successful in getting it to stick.

They need a nickname. Every other Cfl team has one.
I  like OTTRBs (otterbees is my pronounciation!) :D

Sorry posted that before I read through the whole thread determining that it's a discussion for a separate thread so that's all I'll say but that's how I'll be referring to them.  I've been using it since they arrived in the league! 

tabbiefan72

And they're off!  :)  
We'll see if the red/whites can be successful against the red/blacks.  Receivers and BLM not in sync here.  

tabbiefan72

Glad that BLM finally got his rear in gear as I put him on my fantasy team this week,  horses gallop to the end zone first 

Lyle B. Style

Over the last 10 to 12 CFL seasons - Stampeders easily the best and most efficient organization.

Just don't make as many mistakes as other teams.

Also, more successful plays, more often to extend drives.

ie. runs of 4 yds or more
pass completions of 7 yds or more

Solid kicking and coverage game

Best coaching/management combo in the league

Nobody really that close.

Only problem for Stamps is they're so good they set themselves up for the fall  in the playoffs - when another team gradually powers up to surpass the mighty stamps!!!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Lyle B. Style

Rotten Roddy (Rod Black) infuriated that another week goes by and he gets 1 game (Max) w/ the Good Rod doing tonite's affair from Ottawa (Rod Smith makes Duane Forde a much better color man cuz he doesn't ramble as much as Black)

Are TSN tall foreheads getting their minds together - finally realizing how much a blight on TV broadcasts Rod Black is?

If so, good on 'em! Its about time!!!

Hank01

No first downs yet for RedBlacks .

tabbiefan72

No first downs yet for RedBlacks .
And the fans are NOT happy about it!   >:( >:(  At least the OTTRB D is getting BLM and co. off the field before they can do any damage this time.

Not the most enthralling game thus far.  Heard a comment earlier when I was listening to something about Thursday night games not being very well played - or at least very entertaining so far.

tabbiefan72

Nothing like being generous to your guests and "gifting" them with the ball - although that one was on the receiver - not Harris.   ::)

Meanwhile things are heating up on the field - as if it wasn't warm enough there already! ;)

Lyle B. Style

Is Hughie's little boy (Ricky 'The Dragon' Campbell) starting to lose control of his team?

I expected much more from the RBs tonite - maybe not toppling the top-shelf stamps but keeping the thing close well into the 4th quarter . . . . .

Users Online

101 Guests, 12 Users (21 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Abendschan, Espo, RM14, 2ez, rshmglsky, Balticfox, RedandWhite, sully, Wumper, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (13)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)