Leos
37.5%
6 (37.5%)
Tie

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Jul 15 2018, 02:45 AM

RichardVeilleux

The Bombers coaches threw this game away. They twice tried to be fancy inside the BC 5 yards and it blew in their face. 0 out of possible 14 points. 

How long will Adarius Bowman remain with the team? He is to the Bombers what Ernest Jackson is to the Alouettes,i.e. an overpaid veteran who  should be released immediately. Both of them bring nothing to their team and both should be released.

Richard

Robert

A question for you football authorities out there (no, I am not being sarcastic):

Winnipeg pulled an onside kick when they were up 14 - 0.  I don't think I can ever remember this play happening when a team has a comfortable lead. I had believed that the onside kick was something you attempted when your team is behind,  the clock is running out and you need to re-gain possession of the ball PDQ to score a tie or a win.

So why the onside kick when they were ahead by 14?

BC-Boy

ATTA BOYS!!
Lions Fan & Fanatic Speed Bagger

Balticfox

Quote from: Robert
A question for you football authorities out there (no, I am not being sarcastic):

Winnipeg pulled an onside kick when they were up 14 - 0.  I don't think I can ever remember this play happening when a team has a comfortable lead. I had believed that the onside kick was something you attempted when your team is behind,  the clock is running out and you need to re-gain possession of the ball PDQ to score a tie or a win.

That was a great call! The Lions certainly weren't expecting it and as a result it worked like a charm.

It was the dumb play calling on short yardage and other situations when Andrew Harris should have been given the ball that cost the Blue Bombers a game that looked like they had it won.

>:(
Radically Canadian!

FootbalYouBet

keeps the coverage team on their toes.  When the receiving team front men turn and run down field before the ball is actually kicked, it increases chances of a successful onside recovery.  Now they have to stay up closer to the kick off and affect their blocking sceems. 
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

HfxTC

I didn't think Lulay had another win in him. Good for him! He's the personification of courage.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

rshmglsky

An energized crowd of 19,541 took in the game at B.C. Place
Not bad...

Lyle B. Style

That was a great call! The Lions certainly weren't expecting it and as a result it worked like a charm.

It was the dumb play calling on short yardage and other situations when Andrew Harris should have been given the ball that cost the Blue Bombers a game that looked like they had it won.

>:(
Bombers were completely intoxicated by their obvious over-confidence. The short kick was a tremendous call as they noticed early departures by the Lions blocking unit. The Wpg. player had a halo around him of at least 5 yards. Only thing Medlock had to do was loft the ball to an area of 10 to 14 yards downfield - and he managed to hit it 10.1 yards!

The other stuff was frankly embarrassing as a football fan of this team for over 50 years.

WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Lyle B. Style

Not bad...
Good job Lions management - that's about 3 to 4 thousand more than I (or most) expected)

Lyle B. Style

The Bombers coaches threw this game away. They twice tried to be fancy inside the BC 5 yards and it blew in their face. 0 out of possible 14 points.

How long will Adarius Bowman remain with the team? He is to the Bombers what Ernest Jackson is to the Alouettes,i.e. an overpaid veteran who  should be released immediately. Both of them bring nothing to their team and both should be released.

Richard
The Bomber loss was fairly predictable. When you load all factors into the prediculator - ie. a spotty defensive coach, a feeble tactical head coach, a dying WR(Bowman), a brilliant but totally spotty offensive coordinator (Plop), a QB who was out of synch with his receivers and an undisciplined d-line who couldn't stop taking penalties - the recipe for disaster was clear.

Surprised it took the Lions til the final play to put away the Bombers.

As for Bowman - he's a CFL vet, former bomber and signed to a hefty contract (much already paid including signing bonus) so the bombers, a team noted for being too loyal to dying quail will keep trotting this dud out there as a decoy (his only real use) until they can find a quality NFL cut or somesuch!

RA

Oh bomber fans I called a win for the Lions I just had this feeling like the fans the bombers were dreaming of a Grey Cup Parade only to find out the parade was made up of garbage trucks LOL. 

Iconic SR

Good win for BC and Lulay & Co.
Wally outcoached the entire Bomber coaching staff

rhymes with orange

Good job Lions management - that's about 3 to 4 thousand more than I (or most) expected)
The stands were fuller than I expected too. I am not saying 19,541 is a great crowd, but given the two consecutive shellackings - absolute butt whoopings - coupled with three boring pop-gun offensive outings, the traffic hassles getting downtown (East First Avenue is closed all summer) on a sweltering day on the Lower Mainland, I was more than okay with it.

I suppose some spirits were lifted when Lulay was announced as the starter Friday morning, but most people were fearing the worst.

Lyle B. Style

The Old Man (Wally/Pasquale) handed the mountain man (O'Shea) a severe thrashing for the ages.

Wally was playing mental games with O'Shea the complete second half. Even after using his challenge rag, Wally continued to have it fastened to his left leg - much like a Paladin on TV. O'Shea looked puzzled - he was trying to figure out why Wally still had his challenge rag - and appeared near-obsessed with it. . . . . Wally totally took O'Shea off his game with a simple act of treachery!

Users Online

83 Guests, 10 Users (19 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
VICIOUSCIRCLE, Grover, Mightygoose, rcon, Balticfox, ExPat, ticats28, mycko75, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (13)

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)