Esks
84.6%
22 (84.6%)
Bombers
15.4%
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Lyle B. Style

Rotten Roddy (Black) having his usual off nite.

Bomber CEO Miller having a fit - concessions will be way down - and the starting crowd wasn't that big to begin with. Revenue will be down.

The saviour will no doubt be Mr. Streveler - getting the bombers up late in the 3rd quarter is quite the accomplishment against a highly rated team. . . . . think Miller would prefer the financial hit tonite and take 2 pts and future hope!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

97valkyrie

A game well worth staying up to watch, but Wpg definitley has a QB in their stable with Streveler...could he displace Matt Nichols??? before the year is over????
Gotta , love the theme song "Long Live the Night"

Hank01

A game well worth staying up to watch, but Wpg definitley has a QB in their stable with Streveler...could he displace Matt Nichols??? before the year is over????
  The long live the night was very appropriate song as it was the longest night of football in CFL history .

rhymes with orange

A game well worth staying up to watch, but Wpg definitley has a QB in their stable with Streveler...could he displace Matt Nichols??? before the year is over????
The long live the night was very appropriate song as it was the longest night of football in CFL history .
*  A game that was so long I PVR'd it and also watched the 2nd half live.

*  Steveler shows a lot of promise he's not there yet. Anyone who thinks he could unseat a healthy Nichols this season is delusional.

*  What the heck was Maas going apoplectic for to start the 2nd delay? That he saw lighting earlier and thought the game should have been called before the Bomber touchdown? Is he not the angriest man in the CFL?!?

*  So what is Kate Bierness's role in Thursday Night Football exactly?? I thought she was supposed to take over from Rod Black. I know there was no half-time, but she said about 10 words the whole night.  

*  Hope this shows Ambrosie that we can get extreme weather in June, just as we can get extreme weather in November. I know more people will come in June in the Prairies, but I still cringe when I think about football starting in May.

*  Mike Reilly = Aaron Rodgers of the CFL. The guy is just amazing. Can't believe we let him go here in B.C. Future Hall-Of-Famer. I think it will be a no-brainer.

Lyle B. Style

Once O'Shea had stripped Reilly of his dignity - he basically left too much time in the game for Reilly to regain it.

And regain it he did.

You see, Mike O'Shea is NOT a particularly solid tactical coach. In fact, he might just be bottom of the barrel. Reilly would have won things in OT, no doubt - even with a defense beset by injury and newness.

The Richie Hall - Mike O'Shea endorsed defense barfed up nearly 500 yds in Reilly law.

Once Wpg had gone up by 8 - 30-22, they had a chance to go up by 11 - but 3rd string QB Alexis Ross bobbled the snap or planted the ball poorly and Medlock refused to put his toe into the leather. Even a point helps the cause.

However, I do think Reilly would have buried the big blue, no matter if he was down 2 scores or one. Sheer force of will vs. a bend but always break defense. And break they did.

Valiant try by the bombers to topple a mighty outfit of miscreants and warriors.

In the end - the fierce rush didn't produce its proper level of sacks. Just a ton of pressure - pressure, of which Reilly is a veritable Houdini in escaping from. Not only did he escape for no-gains, he turned some of the pressure into 5 to 12 yd romps for 1st downs. That was impressive. Steveler is supposed to be the runner - 33 yr old Reilly is a basher. Reilly was obviously hurt a few times - but this is the one CFL player who can play thru moderate to large volumes of pain. And he did.

TravelPat1

Some of the key numbers for the night.

- 44 yard dying second field goal wins it 33 - 30 for the Esks
- 2 hours and 55 minutes in lightning delays
- 5 hours and 42 minutes total game time
- Streveler 15 of 28 for 178 yards with 3 TD's and 2 Int's
- Reilly - 32 of 46 for 408 yards with 1 TD and 1 Int
- Crowd started at 25,458

Balticfox

I was really looking forward to this game and the weatherman ruined it all for me. I finally tossed in the towel during the second stoppage in play and went to bed. 

The zeroes that bum Adarius Bowman notched on the stat sheet acted to further annoy me when I checked the results this morning.

>:(
Radically Canadian!

White stallion gallops

With all the long delays, it's a hard game to gauge. Edmonton scored twice late when it mattered which is what good teams do.  Their receivers are really good, with big play capabilities. When you have that games can shift direction fast.

Lyle B. Style

Nasty Nate's "Weakest Player of the Game" award - brought to you by the new Chevrolet Pinto

Unanimous choice:

Former bomber Adarious Bowman

My guess is that all the bomber coaches, veteran players, GM & CEO are still hailing Bowman's acquisition from Edmonton as earth-shattering.

Really poor route-running, speed appears down a gear, not really in the game at times.

Another 2 or 3 s shows like that and the bomber troika will start wondering what happened.

Although the bomber front 7 did not factor into the game much vis a vis sacks they put a consistent rush on Reilly - the guy still pasted bombers for 400+ yds passing but also put up a couple picks + a few mid-game 2 & outs that frustrated Reilly to no end. Some good rushers on bomber d-line; Edmonton has a massive/powerful o-line and Reilly is a real weasel escaping pressure!

wolverine29

Streveler was good under less than ideal circumstances. He made some good decisions, some bad such as trying to force the ball in coverage on that early pick.  Made some good decisions and delivered in the red zone.  Promising start to his career.

He also got to see where he needs to get to to be considered elite in the CFL.  Reilly made some bad throws but was able to make some good throws to his receivers for big plays at key times.  

Chronic issues derailed the Bombers. They would play good D for large chunks of the game, then give up a big play that gives the opposition momentum.  The D couldn't hold the lead late.  

Aerial

Wow, just finished watching the "2nd half" of the game, taped it.  What a great game, Bombers could have won if not for that botched fg from the placeholder but the ball was wet, these things can happen.  Kudos to both teams to put on a great show for the hearty fans that stayed.  It was a shame a team had to lose this one.  Kudos to the young qb for the Bombers, he looks like the real deal.
I like the new rule about having to have a foot in bounds on a catch even if the receiver is pushed out of bounds one he catches the ball.

Reilly, POG, absolutely.  

Agree Lyle, Bowman looked lost, I wonder all long he'll stay if he continues with that sort of play.  But maybe he wants deep routes thrown to him more and if not he gets a bit sulky.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

Lyle B. Style

Wow, just finished watching the "2nd half" of the game, taped it.  What a great game, Bombers could have won if not for that botched fg from the placeholder but the ball was wet, these things can happen.  Kudos to both teams to put on a great show for the hearty fans that stayed.  It was a shame a team had to lose this one.  Kudos to the young qb for the Bombers, he looks like the real deal.
I like the new rule about having to have a foot in bounds on a catch even if the receiver is pushed out of bounds one he catches the ball.

Reilly, POG, absolutely.  

Agree Lyle, Bowman looked lost, I wonder all long he'll stay if he continues with that sort of play.  But maybe he wants deep routes thrown to him more and if not he gets a bit sulky.
Great points Earl. I think the league's d-backs have to learn how to use the "PUSH-OUT" rule to their advantage. The Duke almost hauled in an amazing catch on the bomber 3 late in the game - looked like he was within an inch (or less) of touching down his tippy toe on the way out. Might have even won a challenge if they had one left!

Players have to be careful on the push out rule. If they start pushing before the ball resides with the WR they'll be called for PI.

If they wait too long, the WR secures the ball - and has adequate time to touch down one foot. Remember, in the CFL, with the bigger and longer field a receiver only has to touch down one foot, NOT 2.

Bowman may be washed, I don't know. He looked ill at ease last night(s).

Lets see what he does vs. Montreal - if he can't get open vs. that group - I'll mark him down as a taller version of The Dutchman, Clarence Denmark.

PS. O'Shea has one nasty, nasty stubborn streak. History tells us he'll continue to trot out inferior talent, if he likes them in the locker room. Like I said, nasty habit! And not a winning one!

Aerial

Players have to be careful on the push out rule. If they start pushing before the ball resides with the WR they'll be called for PI.
Yup.  This will add to intrigue to see how defensive players adjust to this, a "good" type of intrigue rather than a "bad" type of intrigue with the illegal contact on a receiver away from the ball able to be challenged.  That turned out to be the type of intrigue not required.

Grover

That game took so long I thought Matt Nichols would come out for the 4th Qtr.  :o

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

ArgoT

Now that was Saskatchewan type weather.
Had to watch the highlights this morning as I gave up during the second delay.
Another super start to a great season of CFL football.

Users Online

82 Guests, 16 Users (19 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Abendschan, Balticfox, bobo82, jkm, Oskie18, MadJack, rcon, Blackrussian63, Bayargonaut00, FootbalYouBet, FormerlyTurkish, of course, 97valkyrie, Grover, shadowski, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (13)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)