Esks
84.6%
22 (84.6%)
Bombers
15.4%
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Vermonter

We had a preview of this game in the preseason, where Winnipeg won by 20 points. 

They don't play again until September, but will play a third time in the final week of the regular season. 

1898, 1900, 02, 25, 26, 40, 51, 60, 68, 69, 73, 76, 2016

sambo42

Esks should win this one easily... without Nichols, Bombers don't stand a chance.

rpaege

Esks should win this one easily... without Nichols, Bombers don't stand a chance.
They stand a chance because the game has yet to be played, but it certainly doesn't look good for the Bombers since they have to start a QB straight out of college. The Bomber defence could come up big and give them a chance to stay in the game, but the rookie's going to have to play the game of his life.

Aerial

I expect the Eskies to win handily but if Harris has a big day for the Bombers with hitch passes and running, I'm sure the game plan for the Bombers with this rookie qb to be simple, it just might do the trick.
Streveler doesn't look like andy slouch:

http://www.goyotes.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8428
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

wolverine29

With Nichols out and starting a guy straight out of US college, the odds favour the Esks for sure.  However, Esks will be without a few defensive starters.  If Streveler can limit his mistakes and Harris goes off on Edmonton like he did during the regular season last year, and if the revamped Bomber D can limit the Esks big plays, the game could be a lot closer than expected.

Wumper

Bombers front seven, with Biggy amped up and Lofler coming downhill, will be nasty.
I wish injury on no one but MR didn't get any younger in the off season, I expect both teams finish with second/third QB's....
Illegitimi non carborundum

Vermonter

A rookie pivot behind centre doesn't bode well for the Bomber offence on paper, no doubt, but he might surprise us and put a few majors on the board. 

Lyle B. Style

Don't think more than a handful of Do or Die'rs expect the bombers to swarm the Esks Thurs. nite, despite homefield advantage.

Basically look at this one as bombers 3rd exhibition game - this time for pts.

Reilly is just too sharp and powerful to let a Richie Hall D beat him - although he might be cruising for a bruising from Loffler, Bighill, Jefferson Jeffcoat, etc. Reilly usually hides his nicks well, using the 4 to 5 days between games to rest his broken body.

Minor win for bombers =

1. Hold Esks to under 30 pts.

2. Score 20 or more themselves!

No disgrace in that . . . . but it ain't 2 points!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Aerial

At any rate, pumped to get the 2018 campaign started and running!  

The Last Word

Unless  Reilly has a uncharacteristic poor outing, I see Edmonton winning this game quite handily.  Streveler will not limit his mistakes and the first downs are likely to be few and far between for the Bombers.  Reilly and the Esks offense will score early, fall into a bit of a lull in the second quarter and early third, only to pull away mid-way through the second half.

Eskies 33
Bombers 14

tabbiefan72

Streveler had mixed results in his preseason games.  One can hardly expect that he'll be completing passes at 100% - even at home.  He won't be facing "vanilla" defenses either so while he may not look terrible, expecting the team to carry him to a win, might be expecting too much.  
I have to give the edge to the Eskies in this one - but of course stranger things have happened! 

97valkyrie

GAME ON!!!!  LET'S GO ESKS!

tabbiefan72

I was just going to say it's off to a rather slow start then Reilly tossed that bomb to Walker for the first TD of the game!    One play drive!   :o

rpaege

Inauspicious start for the Bombers. This could be a really lonnnng game for them.

97valkyrie

Esks look ready!
I am anxious to see how the D plays tonight especially the secondary without Grymes!

Users Online

93 Guests, 16 Users (24 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RevClark, MrLucky, c-way-dude, greenandwhite, mycko75, J5V, OskeeweeneeVI, RM14, Grover, Hammertown Proud, btharner, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (16), Baidu

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)