Argos
30%
3 (30%)
Tie

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Jul 07 2018, 09:11 AM

ArgoT

Well maybe the win will help bring more fans the next game - and hopefully their next home game does not conflict with a Jays game - because the announced attendance apparently just 12,196.  (While at the same time 44,000+ down the road at the Jays game).
Isn't that ridiculous, we can't draw flies and the Crappers are still getting more than they deserve.
Life is not fair.

RA

Maas coaching style has always been questionable. He better look over his shoulder as ahall of famer might be available soon in Ricky Ray. Maas coaches like he played hot and cold sorry to say.

Evil Doctor

It's the second time this week the better team lost.  That has to be a rare statistical anomaly....

Iconic SR

This is the CFL. Game day can be a toss up and you don't W's because of what you did last week. Good to see Franklin and the Argos prevail.  

Now if we can only fix the pathetic support in the Argos market. I really think they need to move that team in order to wake Toronto up. Other markets will bring in much more than 12,000 fans to the reigning GC champs home games.

Mightygoose

12K is not a good crowd for sure however they drew 11K for their second home game last year which included 4 free tickets per ST and also going head to head with the Jays and vs. a similar draw.

Being up 1000 paid a game is right in line with the goal Manning wanted to see this year.

There's much work to do here but airhorns are a bigger issue than attendance right now.

PTBO Dave

There's much work to do here but airhorns are a bigger issue than attendance right now.
What's the issue with airhorns?

Mightygoose

There were allot of them (airhorns) today...more than usual. We we're sitting a few rows back and many people including ourselves left early. They're not allowed in BMO (don't think they are in any stadium). The ushering lead was made aware by us but not the only case.

Spawned a thread on Argofans....so it must be pressing matter!

Edit: 3downnation picked up on it

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/07/horn-argos-game-source-great-consternation-tv-viewers/

PTBO Dave

There were allot of them (airhorns) today...more than usual. We we're sitting a few rows back and many people including ourselves left early. They're not allowed in BMO (don't think they are in any stadium). The ushering lead was made aware by us but not the only case.

Spawned a thread on Argofans....so it must be pressing matter!

Edit: 3downnation picked up on it

http://3downnation.com/2018/07/07/horn-argos-game-source-great-consternation-tv-viewers/
Wow, that would indeed be as annoying as all get out. Looks like some other fans have outed him, though, so hopefully he won't be able to get away with that again.

Now, if only it were so easy to solve the attendance issue.  :'(

97valkyrie

They showed the guy with the horn on TV near the end of the game....it looks like a canned air horn but yo have to pump it from the bottom and it was ARgo blue so I am wondering if they were selling them at the stadium.

pw13

Now if we can only fix the pathetic support in the Argos market. I really think they need to move that team in order to wake Toronto up. Other markets will bring in much more than 12,000 fans to the reigning GC champs home games.
Once again an expert weighs in with a helpful suggestion.

bobo82

Sadly the difference in attendance for the Blue Jays game and the Argos game was the fact that the Blue Jays were playing the New York Yankees . Sadly with the Toronto sports scene mentality with the American want to be's in that town the attendance probably would've been thru the roof for the football game if only the Argos were playing a team called the New York Eskimos instead of some team called the Eskimos from Edmonton .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

97valkyrie

I have family living in TO that I visited a couple of years ago.  My cousin took us around the city.  He asked me if I had ever seen streetcars/buses and such tall beautiful buildings, just to be nice, I oohhed and awwhheedd, just to make him feel good..He is one of those that we speak about wanting anything and everything as long as it is American and anything like the CFL is beneath him. Now, the rest of my story....I was born and raised in Edmonton, so buses and big buildings is not new to me.  

I will say that spending a week in TO opened my eyes to a couple of things. #1, TO is a beautiful city, much nicer than I expected and #2 the people  were very friendly and courteous and if we looked lost people would stop and help us out...so really we are all alike . some nice, some not so nice.

Hank01

Wow, that would indeed be as annoying as all get out. Looks like some other fans have outed him, though, so hopefully he won't be able to get away with that again.

Now, if only it were so easy to solve the attendance issue.  :'(
  I hope so I could not have the sound on the first half of the telecast it was that bad .

It was like a car alarm going off in my house . 

ArgoT

Sadly the difference in attendance for the Blue Jays game and the Argos game was the fact that the Blue Jays were playing the New York Yankees . Sadly with the Toronto sports scene mentality with the American want to be's in that town the attendance probably would've been thru the roof for the football game if only the Argos were playing a team called the New York Eskimos instead of some team called the Eskimos from Edmonton .
This is very frustrating for me as I have been up against  this personally since my youth in this World Class city.
Most definitely this is also a US wannabe city, period.
Unless there is an attached US name with league, it will not draw much more than flies like our Argos.
I don't know what or if there is an answer?

HfxTC

12K is not a good crowd for sure however they drew 11K for their second home game last year which included 4 free tickets per ST and also going head to head with the Jays and vs. a similar draw.

Being up 1000 paid a game is right in line with the goal Manning wanted to see this year.

That's the correct way of viewing things. This is how it is with any business, especially one that was neglected for a long time. 

I don't understand the old crows on here sometimes. The Argos have no issues, they have solid committed owners, Solid staff a nice clean venue and a great product... They will come.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Users Online

39 Guests, 1 User (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
of course, Google (AdSense), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)