schoonersfan

Hey everyone!

I just bought my first ever CFL Jersey and I am super excited and makes me wish the season would start already! I got Duron Carter with the Roughriders(green of course), I love his playing style and to me makes the game very exciting. Great athlete too! 

Just wondering if anyone else wanted to share their first ever jersey and who the player was and maybe why you decided to go with that certain player? 

Bringing back a little nostalia to this post  :)

Abendschan

Mine is the Rider White Jersey with Xavier Fulton - Front Lineman I keep watch on.

FootbalYouBet

no cfl jerseys, but I have two of my own  :)
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

EZ Football

Not a jersey, but I got a white polo shirt with the small Ottawa Rough Riders helmet on the chest area.

Loved that shirt.  Despite spraying it with 'shout' in the underarm areas after wearing it, the armpits eventually turned yellow and I had to throw it out.  :'(  That was during the Skip Walker and coach Brancato era.  That was before the internet days, too.

I switched to the Alouettes when Ottawa disappeared.  If Ottawa would switch their uniform back to the 1980s Rough Rider style I'd go back to rooting for Ottawa.  The current all-black and all-white (visitor) makes me barf.

Need to go online and find another white polo shirt except this time with the throwback Alouette all-blue helmet with that triangle stealth bomber-like logo on it is the best.

Have to revisit buying Canadian stuff online from America.  Not sure how that works with a credit card with the exchange rate, etc.  Hopefully, stuff can be delivered UPS/FedEx from Canada to the US.

sambo42

My first CFL Jersey was a Lancaster one, the first jersey I ever owned was a Richard Martin white Sabres jersey with his name and number on the back. A friend of my brother ordered one, but when he got it, it was too small for him, so I was lucky enough that it fit me. I played road hockey & on the outdoor rinks until it became too small for me.

beaglehound

Great thread you started Schoonersfan! Koodoes!

Never did get one but was more than ready to buy an Arland Bruce jersey.  I loved the guy's receiving ability.  Unfortunately, he ended up going to the Alouettes.

My wife has a Lions jersey with the name Clermont on it as in Jason Clermont.  She loved this guy and so did I!  He was another great player.  He eventually ended up with SSK where he retired.  My wife still wears his jersey to games!

FootbalYouBet

If I had jerseys, I would want a BC Flutie number 22. 

Also a BC Fernandez #24.

A Ticat Winfield #1

and a few others.

bobo82

My first CFL jersey was a #25 Terry Evanshen that I got in "75"
My second was a #31 Ben Zambiasi purchased in "80"
My third was a #16 Howard Fields purchased in "83"
Also in 1999 I got an authentic replica Ron Lancaster Head Coaches jacket
As for other sports my first NHL jersey was a NY Islander #22 Mike Bossy purchased in "79"
I also had a NFL #34 Earl Campbell Houston Oiler jersey also purchased in "79"

Amazingly enough the Evanshen and Fields jersey's are still around today and although both are rather beaten up and  have seen better days they both currently reside at my son's place hanging on his wall . Sadly the Zambiasi , Coaching  jacket and the Bossy , Campbell jerseys didn't stand the test of time and are all long gone .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

rpaege

Even though I've been following the CFL for more than 50 years I've only ever had a couple of jerseys. The first one I had was a "gold" (actually just bright yellow) and green "Tucker" jersey, after Jason Tucker. I ended up giving it away after Tucker retired.

I have actually never been able to buy a GREEN and gold jersey since the CFL store seems to be chronically sold out of them.

Hank01

CFL wise a Tom Wilkinson #12 . Bought in Edmonton in the 70's  .

In 1976 I Received as a present  the Bobby Orr #4 (1976 ) Canada Cup Jersey . Still have it  but it's a youth size . It's in a box somewhere with the Cub Scout uniform .

Presently have a Bobby Ryan Senators Jersey #6 got it really cheap at a Reebok store as Bobby has a new number now .

Have a Redblack Jersey with no name was going to get some players name and number but they turn over players so quick I never bothered . If I do it would be Russ Jackson as he never goes out of style .

beaglehound

I wonder if I could get a Joe Kapp [mid 60s QB for the Lions] jersey.

rpaege

That would be awesome if the store offered retro jerseys. Though there is an option to have custom numbers and name, but only for the current line.

EZ Football

That would be awesome if the store offered retro jerseys. Though there is an option to have custom numbers and name, but only for the current line.
What about the entire jersey itself, being custom made?

The same organization(s) that make jerseys for high school football throughout North America could possibly offer a "point and click" online program to design your own jersey.  You could just upload a CFL team logo to the website, and presto you got (1) custom made jersey made EXACTLY the way you wanted it.

Anyone know if that exists?  Sounds possible to me.

I want this Alouettes jersey (1980s):

letsgoticats

What about the entire jersey itself, being custom made?

The same organization(s) that make jerseys for high school football throughout North America could possibly offer a "point and click" online program to design your own jersey.  You could just upload a CFL team logo to the website, and presto you got (1) custom made jersey made EXACTLY the way you wanted it.

Anyone know if that exists?  Sounds possible to me.

I want this Alouettes jersey (1980s):
Jerseys have to be made by Adidas.  

I'd expect some more retro or third jersey options to pop up for all the teams in the next year or two, similar to what existed when Reebok was in charge of things a few years back.

Cool

The Rocket 
Pull Together everyone

Users Online

79 Guests, 15 Users (10 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Holy Mackinaw, SeaFiddle, Mightygoose, ExPat, Balticfox, mycko75, Hamilton2005, Bayargonaut00, Oskie18, habcat, pdson2, cahoonrules86, schmenger, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 152. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)