everyman

I could care less how often or much he uses weed. I'd hazard a guess that over 80% of players smoke weed regularly.
But what I do marvel at is how dull is this guy to be busted twice in 2 months at airports? Must be thick as a brick. The playbook must really be a challenge to him.

beaglehound

I'd hazard a guess that over 80% of players smoke weed regularly.

Over 80%?   Who knows?

FootbalYouBet

guess BC will not be selling Pot to Alberta's Cannabis teams.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

White stallion gallops

You miss the point if you think this is just weed.  It's a large quality of weed. If he's smoking that much I'd say he has an issue.
He's also shown very poor judgement and maturity, which is the very thing we always talk about concerning Carter. It shows he still makes poor choices, this will hurt the team eventually

FootbalYouBet

You miss the point if you think this is just weed.  It's a large quality of weed. If he's smoking that much I'd say he has an issue.
He's also shown very poor judgement and maturity, which is the very thing we always talk about concerning Carter. It shows he still makes poor choices, this will hurt the team eventually
how does anybody know he wasn't planning a party to share, not sell, with a lot of people?  it happens

HfxTC

Probably explains why The Colts never dressed him an no other NFL team was interested in him. If he's medicating his ADD with it, he's pretty dumb for not getting a prescription.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Footballguy

I could care less how often or much he uses weed. I'd hazard a guess that over 80% of players smoke weed regularly.
But what I do marvel at is how dull is this guy to be busted twice in 2 months at airports? Must be thick as a brick. The playbook must really be a challenge to him.
Football players smoke weed helps the pain! And don’t drink much it’s to bad for the body 

Iconic SR

Yet he excels. Crazy, huh? 

depopulationINC

You miss the point if you think this is just weed.  It's a large quality of weed. If he's smoking that much I'd say he has an issue.
how does anybody know he wasn't planning a party to share, not sell, with a lot of people?  it happens
an ounce of weed for a regular toker is going to make what, 40 joints?  I wouldn't consider 40 joints some huge amount.  Someone who doesn't toke on a regular basis would probably get 60 or more from it.  An ounce of weed is not a lot of weed, considering regulars would generally be buying in that volume.

A pack a day cigarette smoker would probably buy a carton at a time.  Kinda the same idea.

no...not saying that taking it through an airport was not stupid...just saying it is not a lot of weed.

White stallion gallops

He's either selling it or he's a very heavy user. Anyone that smokes more than a joint per day falls in the same category as a chain smoker or case a day drinker. This IS a drug and shouldn't be abused.
Contrary to what "pot people" tell you, weed does have harmful effects on the body. Breathing in partially combusted material is NEVER a good thing. 
Carter has many many issues. That is clear. Riderfans just bury their collective heads in the sand
This guy will destroy himself before he's 30.

Iconic SR

He's either selling it or he's a very heavy user. Anyone that smokes more than a joint per day falls in the same category as a chain smoker or case a day drinker. This IS a drug and shouldn't be abused.
Contrary to what "pot people" tell you, weed does have harmful effects on the body. Breathing in partially combusted material is NEVER a good thing.  
Carter has many many issues. That is clear. Riderfans just bury their collective heads in the sand
As long as he helps the team win a Grey Cup and stays on the team and out of jail doing just that, I’m one Rider fan who really likes the guy. He’s talented, approachable, friendly, not contractually egotistical, and is a bargain to the team. Wants to play here. Loves the fans. Loves the absence of racism here in Canada vs the US he has said. So far, I see way more up side than bad with DC. Yes, he can stir things up and challenge the norms - and this seems to fit in with the current coaching strategy from Jones who wants to do things differently. Obviously Jones needs to protect the locker room, and he seems to be succeeding - if last year is any indicator. Players want to play here.

Over the years in business have employed some very talented young men who had their personal lives and personal issues. We all do to varying extents. Some managed this, while some did not. It did not take away one iota from their quality work and respectful manner in which they conducted themselves at work or with clients. We can’t discount the person because they may have some personal problems - while they are contributing to their team. Obviously if it risks the organization then steps must be taken, but DC isn’t a threat to the Riders. He only hurts himself if he persists in pushing the envelope. The team will carry on. 

DAN38

This has nothing to do with him being a Rider. Why even bring that up ?
Si vis pacem... para bellum

beaglehound

Guys, 

We need to stay on topic.  This is evolving into a general discussion about the merits/hazards/ethics of pot.  If this were an off-topic board, no problem but it isn't.   The subject line is about Carter being charged with drug possession.  How will this impact Carter and his professional career?  The team?  The CFL?  

Thanks, 
The moderator team

DAN38

It can have pulmonary effects, cause diabetes, various cancers, harm immune function.

So can butter.

It's ironic how one drug can be praised while another is vilified. I once worked with a woman who hated what she called potheads. She would tell stories of how terrible these drug users were, yet she felt there was no problem for her and her husband to polish off a 26er of Johnny Walker almost every evening after work.....  It's all perception and fads....I'll take potheads over drunks any day.

DAN38

Ok, I hear ya, Beagle.

Users Online

76 Guests, 6 Users (7 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
hairyarm, Onemoredork, KevinRiley2, Clawed2bitz, oo DAWG oo, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (4)

Most Online Today: 376. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)