MrLucky

He was previously charged in November in Winnipeg (at the airport - court date still pending, I believe). This time he was leaving an event in Saskatoon (charity event for the Riders) and was traveling (I don't know where), but the fact that it was the Border Service that caught it, suggests that it was an international flight.

When you start getting multiple charges, the judges start prosecuting more seriously.

Do I care about pot ... not really, but when you get multiple charges (not sure if the November arrest was for the same offense or not) AND what you are doing is not legal (yet) ... judges tend to throw the book at you.

His "celebrity" status as a Rider in Saskatchewan, may help him with this case (and all the big money that the Riders will use to defend him), but multiple charges can get him deported, if found guilty (highly unlikely, but possible).

Just stupid on his part. Doesn't he have a "posse"? let a flunky hold your stash, like all the other "celebrities".

Just my two cents.

<Insert Smoking Cowboy Here>

TravelPat1

Apparently in the Winnipeg charge he had more than 30 grams on him. That amount will still be illegal even after pot is 'legalized'.

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/06/details-emerge-duron-carters-drug-charge-winnipeg/

Riders receiver Duron Carter is facing two separate marijuana possessions charges, both stemming from incidents in Western Canadian airports.

Carter was caught with more than 30 grams of marijuana at Winnipeg International Airport on Nov. 25, 2017, according to the Regina Leader-Post.

Under the current Criminal Code,for a first offence involving possession of 30 grams of marijuana  could lead to a $1,000 fine and a year in jail.

And while personal marijuana use is slated to become legal in Canada this summer, possession of more than 30 grams will still be against the law.

Carter was also found with marijuana at the Saskatoon airport last week, though details on the amount have yet to be reported.

DAN38

Apparently in the Winnipeg charge he had more than 30 grams on him. That amount will still be illegal even after pot is 'legalized'.

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/06/details-emerge-duron-carters-drug-charge-winnipeg/

Riders receiver Duron Carter is facing two separate marijuana possessions charges, both stemming from incidents in Western Canadian airports.

Carter was caught with more than 30 grams of marijuana at Winnipeg International Airport on Nov. 25, 2017, according to the Regina Leader-Post.

Under the current Criminal Code,for a first offence involving possession of 30 grams of marijuana  could lead to a $1,000 fine and a year in jail.

And while personal marijuana use is slated to become legal in Canada this summer, possession of more than 30 grams will still be against the law.

Carter was also found with marijuana at the Saskatoon airport last week, though details on the amount have yet to be reported.
   Seems like Duron really likes his herb. I find it strange that he is able to smoke the 'demon-weed' and yet be able to perform at a level that has the league and especially the media touting him as very-talented, highly skilled and one of the best at what he does. I always been told that weed is harmful and dulls your senses and ability. ;)
Si vis pacem... para bellum

papazoola

....A question Dan would be..why is he carrying that amount of the stuff....Maybe the guy is higher than a kite when he plays, and that's what fuels his game...Supposed to mellow a fellows senses but in Carter's case maybe it works just the opposite..lol...Not really a laughing matter for the league...They're going to have to come down hard on the guy as it seems to be a repeated offence....Ambrosie is going to have to do something or we'll have to change our handle to the C(annibis) Football League...
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

RedandWhite

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

FootbalYouBet

I just hope that when they finalize the legality of this stuff, they restrict the smoking of it to the same as cigs, cigars, and pipes.  I don't care what they do as long as I don't smell it.  Otherwise, 30g, 60g or 2k, I don't think it should matter.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

RedandWhite

...is there a limit to how much whiskey you can have on your person?  don't know, just curious...

FootbalYouBet

...is there a limit to how much whiskey you can have on your person?  don't know, just curious...
the only thing I can thing of would occur if you are bringing from out of province.  I was actually surprised to be told that I could not bring from Ontario some Molson's Golden and Export.  Not sure if any allowed or just a limit.  

White stallion gallops

...is there a limit to how much whiskey you can have on your person?  don't know, just curious...
This guy has twice been caught with OVER an ounce.
It seems he's smoking alot.
So you answer your question; no there's no limit to how much whiskey you can have, but the more you have to bigger the problem you have

RedandWhite

...good analogy, I see your point...I don’t think it’s a little amount either, I posted the pic above to show it’s not a trifle amount... you’d have to be smoking quite a bit to regularly go through 30g bags like that before it dried out to a powder...

...that’s not the size of bag where you’d go ‘geez, totally forgot that was lost in my bag’...

Iconic SR

Now I wanna see Duron Carter perform when he's NOT on weed, lol.

Sure hope this doesn't blow up into something big that hurts his role here. The whole 'crossing an international border while it's still technically illegal' and he was also in a position of trust - makes this a much stickier problem than simple possession.

Hammertown Proud

White stallion gallops

Maybe Jones knows of his weed problem. Maybe that's what he thinks he needs to be a good person. Sad situation. Yet rider fans name their new borns after him.  He is revered because he takes fans to movies and buys newly weds champagne. Why doesn't he do actual charity work and live in Regina 

TravelPat1

Iconic SR

Maybe Jones knows of his weed problem. Maybe that's what he thinks he needs to be a good person. Sad situation. Yet rider fans name their new borns after him.  He is revered because he takes fans to movies and buys newly weds champagne. Why doesn't he do actual charity work and live in Regina

Users Online

75 Guests, 6 Users (7 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, oo DAWG oo, 6ft6ofgoodness, pdson2, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (3)

Most Online Today: 376. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)