everyman

Could be. 
But they are not mutually exclusive.
At any rate I said "my take is"... whereas you are completely declarative. How can you be so positive in your own opinion?

Iconic SR

Regardless of how this matter proceeds legally, this is what Duron Carter is: an immature football player who, at any time, can shift the spotlight onto himself, usually for the worse, and the collateral damage is usually his team.

Usually in football, teams who have individuals like this don't win much of anything. I am a long standing Cowboys fan, so this comes from fan-experience. The Riders won't be sniffing anything but bursts of in game success, inconsistently, as long as he's around. It's too bad for them that SSK sees him as a good guy and an asset. Players like him almost always prove to be the opposite....and this is an opinion of him based around more than a possession charge. Guy's a loose cannon and I'm glad he's on NOT the REDBLACKS.
I couldn't disagree with this statement more.
This is absolutely true. Carter has proved to be nothing but an immature, oligarch of an NFL father. He cares about himself and nothing else. Taking fans to movies, buying newlyweds champagne are self serving cheap promotions.
You are cracked out if you feel that is true.  Every team has edgy players.  

"what a meanie, interacting with fans and treating them well"  Seriously?  Do you know how stupid that sounds?  This is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard anywhere.  Congrats.
lol Carter is not an edgy player.  Kyries Hebert is an edgy player. Carter is just and edgy person. Spoiled, used to praise just because he's Chris Carter's son. When no praise comes he lashes out.
Chris Jones panders to him
Actually those here involved with the team say Jones challenges him, and helps him stretch his game. What I’ve witnessed supports that. Plans are for his role to even increase on both sides of the ball in 2018. Hopefully this stupid act he pulled and the marijuana charge doesn’t blow up, but if it does, then the Riders may have to do without Carter’s services.

How about we wait and see, vs judging or dismissing him now?
Are you saying Jones helped Carter become a better player?
Not so. His Stats last year were actually slightly below average compared to his Montreal years.
He showed he can also play defence and he easily pick sixed the QB of the team with the best record in the CFL. With a better QB package this year Carter should do very well. 

depopulationINC

He's a walking freaking disaster and distraction that most teams can not tolerate. However Jones seems up to the task. Daily meetings during the season. Extra duties etc. But its getting bothersome no doubt.
And he does hurt teams in many ways such as not running routes completely if he's not the primary guy and checking out mentally if not engaged early. Jones is counteracting this by keeping him more involved...returning kicks, playing defense etc. But nobody in Rider management is OK with his busts I can guarantee you.

My own take is he has ADD or is bi-polar. Or maybe just a plain old whack job.
I have always felt this or ADHD or something.  I've said that since he was in Montreal.
Doesn't seem bi-polar at all.  

White stallion gallops

Regardless of how this matter proceeds legally, this is what Duron Carter is: an immature football player who, at any time, can shift the spotlight onto himself, usually for the worse, and the collateral damage is usually his team.

Usually in football, teams who have individuals like this don't win much of anything. I am a long standing Cowboys fan, so this comes from fan-experience. The Riders won't be sniffing anything but bursts of in game success, inconsistently, as long as he's around. It's too bad for them that SSK sees him as a good guy and an asset. Players like him almost always prove to be the opposite....and this is an opinion of him based around more than a possession charge. Guy's a loose cannon and I'm glad he's on NOT the REDBLACKS.
This is absolutely true. Carter has proved to be nothing but an immature, oligarch of an NFL father. He cares about himself and nothing else. Taking fans to movies, buying newlyweds champagne are self serving cheap promotions.

"what a meanie, interacting with fans and treating them well"  Seriously?  Do you know how stupid that sounds?  This is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard anywhere.  Congrats.
lol Carter is not an edgy player.  Kyries Hebert is an edgy player. Carter is just and edgy person. Spoiled, used to praise just because he's Chris Carter's son. When no praise comes he lashes out.
Actually those here involved with the team say Jones challenges him, and helps him stretch his game. What I’ve witnessed supports that. Plans are for his role to even increase on both sides of the ball in 2018. Hopefully this stupid act he pulled and the marijuana charge doesn’t blow up, but if it does, then the Riders may have to do without Carter’s services.

Not so. His Stats last year were actually slightly below average compared to his Montreal years.
He showed he can also play defence and he easily pick sixed the QB of the team with the best record in the CFL. With a better QB package this year Carter should do very well.
So whats he play offence or defence?

Iconic SR

Jones is on record that he will play both this season. Of course only if this marijuana thing doesn’t change all that.

White stallion gallops

Jones is on record that he will play both this season. Of course only if this marijuana thing doesn’t change all that.
Doesn't Jones using him on both offense and defense worry you? Wouldn't you rather he concentrate on and become a master in 1 or the other rather than a jack of all trades??

RedandWhite

...por favor, can you guys just use ‘reply’ instead of ‘quote’? You’re making reading this on a smart phone unbearable...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

GHT120

...por favor, can you guys just use ‘reply’ instead of ‘quote’? You’re making reading this on a smart phone unbearable...
Or delete all but the exact points to which you are responding.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

Iconic SR

Doesn't Jones using him on both offense and defense worry you? Wouldn't you rather he concentrate on and become a master in 1 or the other rather than a jack of all trades??
Jones decisions don't worry me. He knows what he’s doing and the players not only want to be here but they seem to want to play hard for him.

bobo82

Sounds like maybe we should pack it in now before this season starts and we fall completely flat on our face? Lol

Don’t worry, we’ll be fine. :)
No. You are good enough for 4th in the west. That might get you another crossover. Go for it. Don't pack it in
Saskatchewan's fate this year will hinge on what Collaros they got in the trade . If they got the Collaros from 2014-2015 and their line holds up then the skies the limit and I feel they could definitely be in the mix for a 1rst place finish in the West and challenging for the Cup . On the other hand , if they get the Collaros of the last two years ? Well then I could see them finishing in the bottom half of the division . Time will tell the tale . Not quite sure what to think of this whole Carter debacle but if things do go south for him and he can't somehow play this season ? I feel that while the team will miss his play-making abilities that the team still has enough depth at the receiver position to overcome his loss .

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Iconic SR

Jones is a 'next man up' type of coach, not wanting to be caught with no depth in any one position. Collaros and Bridge will have to compete at training camp and likely the best one starts, regardless of their salary. With the other waiting in the wings to be the next man up -  whether it be that game, or the next game. Or used in game  situations where that certain player excels or has an advantage over the other guy. What we have witnessed here under the Jones regime is players must fit into his system, vs trying to fit a team or a unit - around any particular player.

If Collaros tanks or is injury prone, Jones will use Bridge as sole starter and backfill the empty QB spot with an acquisition from somewhere. Jones wants 2 starter capable QBs in 2018.

Same principle applies in the Duron Carter situation. Depth is prioritized over one players role. With or without DC, the receiving corps will have the framework to compete and have the next man up in place. If DC can't play, Chris Jones won't be able to experiment as much, is what I see as the teams biggest loss. 

Iconic SR

He's a walking freaking disaster and distraction that most teams can not tolerate. However Jones seems up to the task. Daily meetings during the season. Extra duties etc. But its getting bothersome no doubt.
And he does hurt teams in many ways such as not running routes completely if he's not the primary guy and checking out mentally if not engaged early. Jones is counteracting this by keeping him more involved...returning kicks, playing defense etc. But nobody in Rider management is OK with his busts I can guarantee you.

My own take is he has ADD or is bi-polar. Or maybe just a plain old whack job.
He has no such conditions.
He was raised spoiled and always the center of attention. The upbringing has turned him into a narcissist who needs constant positive reinforcement.
His personal behaviour doesn’t indicate narcissism as much as it indicates naïveté and possibly an attention disorder of some kind. The charitable acts he has done (many of which he downplays or doesn’t speak of), along with his low contract salary demands completely conflict with a narcissistic personality. There’s lots of good in the man, and obviously lots of questionable decisions he makes at times. Hopefully the charges become what the law is becoming. Legal activity. 

Iconic SR

Iconic SR

Chris Jones shared a little bit more info on the Duron Carter charges today in his teleconference with local sports media. He said that the team personnel that have been looking into this expect a fine for DC, but that's about it.

That being said, it could be worse, but early indicators look good for DC to carry on in the CFL. Jones also said Carter needs to grow up, lol.

brianjoxx

He could do very well or!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not so much!! I pick not so much with no QB. Cheers

Users Online

118 Guests, 19 Users (24 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Oskie18, FootbalYouBet, ArgoT, KennyPowers, Mikefrmthhammer, Caretaker, Grover, KevinRiley2, Bigshot, ExPat, EastVanMark, Count Floyd, 2ez, MadJack, TeddyFay, Google (AdSense) (15), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 175. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)