Gornaldatron

Saw on twitter, this is what the schedule will likely look like with only 1 game in week one.  This was the way the schedule was in 1980s when they went to 18 games.  other 7 teams get byes in week one so fans dont really notice the third bye.

League could schedule a Grey cup rematch that week 1 (June 15-17th).
Also gets the opener away from NHL Draft which is normally first weekend.
Training camps would start in late may instead of June 1.

Honestly, I think its better to put the one game week some time in August or your three 3 game weeks in August is a better suggestion

Oh really?? That's interesting. I like it because the first three weeks are pretty even with one game followed by four games, followed by four games so that all teams will have played two games after those three weeks. The Grey Cup champion would host the game (similar to the NFL Kickoff game) and it would be an easier sell on a Monday because it's the game that they raise the banner and the first game of the season. Then, one team would play the following Sunday while the other would play 10 days later on Thursday. And the team that played the Monday then Sunday would take the bye in week three. In a perfect scheduling world, anyway..

I wonder when pre-season would start. We may actually see football in May! And you raise a good point, the further the CFL can stay away from NHL scheduling, the better.

I'm seriously just so happy there are no more five-game weeks. It was too much for the players.

aulcee

I like it.It should allow them to straighten  out some of the quirks in the schedule. Ottawa's schedule  was rediculous this year,wasn't  it 3 games in 11 days?I'd love to see the season starts 2 weeks earlier.

PTBO Dave

If they began around June 21, they could make starting the season a first-day-of-summer thing.

dcmoses

TiCat Tony Washington's wife

kerri Washington 🕆
@Kwashington36

16m16 minutes ago
kerri Washington 🕆 Retweeted CFL
From the #cfl wives & Families, Thank You for thinking about the well-being of the men we love. Cant deny the #research @CFL
Apparently you can deny the research. Someone created a thread just to do that.

RichardVeilleux

With 21 weeks and 3 bye weeks per team, the 2018 schedule could be as follows:

Weeks 1 to 7: 6 weeks with 4 games and 1 week with 3 games. Total 27 games and 1 bye week for each team.

Weeks 8 to 14: 6 weeks with 4 games and 1 week with 3 games. Total 27 games and 1 bye week for each team. To date: 54 games and 2 bye weeks for each team.

Weeks 15 to 21: 6 weeks with 4 games and 1 week with 3 games. Total 27 games and 1 bye week for each team. To date: 81 games and 3 bye weeks for each team.

Richard

Aerial

TiCat Tony Washington's wife

kerri Washington 🕆
@Kwashington36

16m16 minutes ago
kerri Washington 🕆 Retweeted CFL
From the #cfl wives & Families, Thank You for thinking about the well-being of the men we love. Cant deny the #research @CFL
Excellent find Grover!
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Wumper

I like to think the League is responding to the size, skill and intensity of the current players and the subsequent ever increasing injuries:
three bye weeks,
no pads practises,
third party concussion observer with the ability to "pull" a player off the field,
the care shown for QB's,

The awful reality is we have seen multiple teams with  a third of their roster on the six game IR! Thats terrible.

I still assume my Bombers short IR lists are just good fortune, can they be doing anything that would
reduce injuries as much as has happened for them?
Illegitimi non carborundum

RedandWhite

...this is moving in the right direction
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

dcmoses

This doesn't stay away from NHL scheduling. Those idiots don't think there is an off season and starting the season early gets closer to a Stanley Cup final game (game 7 usually around 15 June give or take).

Users Online

103 Guests, 19 Users (14 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
oo DAWG oo, Iconic SR, Onemoredork, brianjoxx, Slomojo2005, porter24, thirdnlong, brihind88, heapbag, Mightygoose, Lennywasout, alphamale111, VICIOUSCIRCLE, djrobertson2017, Lucas Bellemare, Count Floyd, Gerbear20, Yahoo!, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)