everyman

With Giant Chris Shultz ailing,
Did I miss something. Is he ailing or is this just something you throw around as a fact?

Lyle B. Style

Did I miss something. Is he ailing or is this just something you throw around as a fact?
Incredible powers of deduction. He's ailing. If he were fired or quit TSN would have rounded up a posse of mopes and determined who gets the 3rd chair. Thus the only possible conclusion - in the absence of any information by TSN (or Chris himself) is that he's ailing (either physically, mentally or family situation)
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Lyle B. Style

TSN radio still can't figure out a morning show.  I found Naylor to be incredibly boring on the radio. He's fine when he's talking football, not much of a personality outside of that.   Will be alright on the panel though.
Escaping the clutches of Anxious Michael Landsbergh is a solid outcome for Nails Naylor - - - in the last couple years of his horrid TSN afternoon show Landsbergh was nearly impossible to watch! Possibly the only guy who could give Rod Black a run for his money in a broadcasters sewer!

everyman

Incredible powers of deduction. He's ailing. If he were fired or quit TSN would have rounded up a posse of mopes and determined who gets the 3rd chair. Thus the only possible conclusion - in the absence of any information by TSN (or Chris himself) is that he's ailing (either physically, mentally or family situation)
Ok...so it's your opinion then like the rest of your constant negative descriptions of just about everybody.

I think he's probably ailing as well fwiw. That's an opinion.

Lyle B. Style

WTH ?

Mark Lee was one of my fave CFL broadcasters.

Better than all 3 current TSN broadcasters. IMO

1 - Don Chevrier

2 - Pat Marsden

3 - Johnny Esaw

4 - Don Wittman

5 - Mark Lee
Pretty good list - personally I'd have Marsden bumped down to 5th spot on your list. I've met all the guys on the list except for Esaw - did some work for Wittman when he was with CBC-TV in Winnipeg back in the late 60s, early 70s; worked with Chevrier when he was doing Battle of the Stars curling from St. James Civic Centre (Wpg.) back around 1972-73 (Vera Pezer exterminated Orest Meleschuk in a famous Man vs. Woman curling game. Met Mark Lee when I broadcast Manitoba Bison football back around 1975-77 when he was just getting his feet wet with CBC - also met Steve Bisonhead (aka Armitage). Chevrier had the best set of pipes ever to broadcast football in Canada - not the most learned guy but in broadcasting intelligence runs secondary to telling a great story. Black is the worst storyteller in the history of history.
Rounding out the Top 10 - CC Chris Cuthbert, John "Not" Wells, Bob Irving (CFN), Rod Smith, the kid who does Raptors games and has done a few CFL games. Still say Derek DT Taylor should get a crack at doing CFL games - Rotten Rod is 55/56 and has reached rock bottom. Whats the benefit of keeping him on?

brihind88

WTH ?

Mark Lee was one of my fave CFL broadcasters.

Better than all 3 current TSN broadcasters. IMO

1 - Don Chevrier

2 - Pat Marsden

3 - Johnny Esaw

4 - Don Wittman

5 - Mark Lee
You lost me at Pat Marsden.

You can't be serious?! The man in sports I have ever seen that approaches the same level of stupidity as Black (although Rowdy Rod is still way in front in a league of his own). Marsden's not only an idiot he's a self centred douchebag. There's a good reason he never made it past just football as a broadcaster.
Yes I am serious.

Your level of objection indicates a dislike of Marsden on a personal level more than the mans PbP skills.

However, I have read reports that people he worked with, thought he was an ahole.
He did assault his CTV boss , Ted Stubbing for cracking an Irish joke.

dcmoses

You lost me at Pat Marsden.

You can't be serious?! The man in sports I have ever seen that approaches the same level of stupidity as Black (although Rowdy Rod is still way in front in a league of his own). Marsden's not only an idiot he's a self centred douchebag. There's a good reason he never made it past just football as a broadcaster.
Yes I am serious.

Your level of objection indicates a dislike of Marsden on a personal level more than the mans PbP skills.

However, I have read reports that people he worked with, thought he was an ahole.
He did assault his CTV boss , Ted Stubbing for cracking an Irish joke.
And it cost him his job, but that fact aside he's a clueless idiot. I met him once, but other than that don't know him outside of a TV screen and I thought he was brainless before I met him. The only thing that keeps him from being the worst announcer in CFL history and the least knowledgeable is Rod Black. A desk chair is smarter than Black, but put that chair up against Marsden in a CFL knowledge quiz and I'm betting on the chair. His PbP "skills" (using the term loosely) were non existent. He was annoying and lost most of the time. His lack of knowledge made him impossible to follow.

On a side note, and this is pure conjecture on my part, but I believe Rod Black only has a job because he has compromising pictures of someone high up at CTV. I think he learned that trick from Marsden. ;)

brianjoxx

I love the guys on the panel but Naylor has a very different personality. The guy knows his CFL and he mixed well with the rest of the panel. Now if TSN would just get rid of Duanne Forde and Rod Black

I honestly cant can't believe I just read what I read!!

I watch NCAA, NFL, CIS, etc. There is not a more knowledgable football mind in North America than Duane Ford. He does the CFL pre draft list, similar to Bob McKenzie does for Junior hockey. He knows the CFL better than any commentator I've seen in many years.

I'm not the biggest Rod Black fan. He is at the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to football knowledge  so I don't totally disagree with him.

But again, cannot believe a CFL fan does not recognize how great a talent Ford is.
First get Forde away from Black. He's an idiot who is so clueless he doesn't even know he looks like a moron on screen. I hear even figure skating fans don't like him. Personally I think he has compromising pictures of someone; no other explanation for how he stays on the air.

Second, put Forde on the panel and ban him from games. He is the worst colour man they have by far. He gets led down the path of idiocy too easily by Black, is constantly off topic and misses a lot of important stuff on the field. The only time he has anything of value to contribute is about the quarter stats.

Maybe on the panel where he has time to consider what he wants to say he would be able to show something. As a colour man he comes across as a more intelligent form of stupid than Black.

Naylor on the other hand is a great addition.
Well said get rid of Ford first, then move Black to sideline interviews after game!
Sorry rod not enough time for the interview. Maybe next week.

dcmoses

Never thought of that solution. Brian you're a genius!

rhymes with orange

With Giant Chris Shultz ailing...
Do we know what's happened to Shultzie? Last year he started out, then apparently took leave (after losing his Dad?). This year he started out again, but.....??

Whatever happened, I really hope he's okay. I would assume this would signal the end of Shultzie's tenure, if they're bringing in someone new to the panel.

Aerial

Forde comes across too academic IMHO, I like him but give me Chris Walby any day over Forde.  Walby just was Walby whereas Forde is trying to show he belongs on the academic staff of Western with a PhD.  That doesn't work for CFL broadcasts IMHO.  Forde should be coaching at Western really.

Love Forde, he's smart.  Just "too smart" me thinks for TV at the pro level.  University broadcasts he'd be great as well. That's what I like about Dunigan, he ain't that smart but is a Walby type and does the trick for pro sports which isn't the Canadian academic sports scene where guys like Walby and Dunigan would be laughed at.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Lyle B. Style

Forde comes across too academic IMHO, I like him but give me Chris Walby any day over Forde.  Walby just was Walby whereas Forde is trying to show he belongs on the academic staff of Western with a PhD.  That doesn't work for CFL broadcasts IMHO.  Forde should be coaching at Western really.

Love Forde, he's smart.  Just "too smart" me thinks for TV at the pro level.  University broadcasts he'd be great as well. That's what I like about Dunigan, he ain't that smart but is a Walby type and does the trick for pro sports which isn't the Canadian academic sports scene where guys like Walby and Dunigan would be laughed at.
Well said Earl. Can u imagine Walby & Dunigan working the same game? lol

Aerial

That would be a real hoot Lyle without a doubt!

Users Online

94 Guests, 16 Users (14 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ticatbill, sully, ExPat, Grover, GHT120, Iconic SR, VICIOUSCIRCLE, RedandWhite, ed ohmnes, KevinRiley2, raymarkca, Dr.Whiskey, Sidney, Chewbaca1973, PTBO Dave, Yahoo!, Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)