Argofan_1000

David William Naylor‏Verified account @TSNDaveNaylor 12h12 hours ago

Today is my last @NaylorLandsberg show. Staying with TSN, moving to the television side, working with @CFLonTSN and more.

Great news for us. He is leaving TSN 1050 Toronto. He was muzzled there and wouldn't let him talk football.

We saw him on the panel Sat night. He is a class guy and I will enjoy the broadcasts even more.

dcmoses

I love the guys on the panel but Naylor has a very different personality. The guy knows his CFL and he mixed well with the rest of the panel. Now if TSN would just get rid of Duanne Forde and Rod Black

oskee7777

I love the guys on the panel but Naylor has a very different personality. The guy knows his CFL and he mixed well with the rest of the panel. Now if TSN would just get rid of Duanne Forde and Rod Black

I honestly cant can't believe I just read what I read!!

I watch NCAA, NFL, CIS, etc. There is not a more knowledgable football mind in North America than Duane Ford. He does the CFL pre draft list, similar to Bob McKenzie does for Junior hockey. He knows the CFL better than any commentator I've seen in many years. 

I'm not the biggest Rod Black fan. He is at the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to football knowledge  so I don't totally disagree with him. 

But again, cannot believe a CFL fan does not recognize how great a talent Ford is. 

everyman

I watch NCAA, NFL, CIS, etc. There is not a more knowledgable football mind in North America than Duane Ford. He does the CFL pre draft list, similar to Bob McKenzie does for Junior hockey. He knows the CFL better than any commentator I've seen in many years.

I'm not the biggest Rod Black fan. He is at the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to football knowledge  so I don't totally disagree with him.

But again, cannot believe a CFL fan does not recognize how great a talent Ford is.

I agree. Forde is great. He is very knowledgeable. I also really welcome Naylor. He should have a significant place on broadcasts. He is a reliable reporter guy who is trustworthy and very good on camera.
IMO the panel needs to redefine itself again a bit and stop rotating guys in and out. I can't figure out their silence as to why Shultz has disappeared. I miss him.

Lyle B. Style

Won't happen - as I've indicated before Rod & Duane, especially Rod have "Special Status" at TSN. Although their amateurish announcing demean the game the real enemy here is the small group of tall foreheads at Bell/TSN who enable a mook like Black and a below average analyst like Forde to do nearly 50% of the games on this network.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

sully

Whoa, this is great. I've had a little bit of interaction with Dave and he's super knowledgable about the league; even gave us some feedback about the website on the stats side of things. Good for him and the league!
I'm the Director of Media Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

dcmoses

First get Forde away from Black. He's an idiot who is so clueless he doesn't even know he looks like a moron on screen. I hear even figure skating fans don't like him. Personally I think he has compromising pictures of someone; no other explanation for how he stays on the air.

Second, put Forde on the panel and ban him from games. He is the worst colour man they have by far. He gets led down the path of idiocy too easily by Black, is constantly off topic and misses a lot of important stuff on the field. The only time he has anything of value to contribute is about the quarter stats. 

Maybe on the panel where he has time to consider what he wants to say he would be able to show something. As a colour man he comes across as a more intelligent form of stupid than Black.

Naylor on the other hand is a great addition.

Lyle B. Style

With Giant Chris Shultz ailing, Gary Lawless fleeing the coup to Las Vegas (media shill for their new NHL team), PLOP (Lapolice) no longer doing coaching segments at half-time, Henry Burris phoning in his brief and chippy segments - TSN is really crying out for some additional talent.

This also skirts the line with Black & Forde allowed to continue on poisoning whatever broadcasts they do.

The mooks who run TSN CFL must have noticed their non pbp content was down to Dunigan, Rod Smith & Stegall dominating half-times and no real pepper pots doing stuff, either during the games or during the week.

Bringing Naylor on board solves the absence of the prickly Lawless but nothing can overcome the continued presence of Incompetent Rod Black on the programming.

letsgoticats

TSN radio still can't figure out a morning show.  I found Naylor to be incredibly boring on the radio. He's fine when he's talking football, not much of a personality outside of that.   Will be alright on the panel though.

dcmoses

TSN radio still can't figure out a morning show.  I found Naylor to be incredibly boring on the radio. He's fine when he's talking football, not much of a personality outside of that.   Will be alright on the panel though.
Agreed he doesn't have any on air personality but he has great knowledge and insight. Alone he would be a disaster but Milt easily offsets his stiff personality. A panel of all Milts would not be good either, you need a mix of personalities and Naylor brings that serious professional tone that balances the humour and lightness of Stegall and Dunnigan.

It's the whole rather than the sum of its parts that made it work last weekend.

sambo42

Won't happen - as I've indicated before Rod & Duane, especially Rod have "Special Status" at TSN. Although their amateurish announcing demean the game the real enemy here is the small group of tall foreheads at Bell/TSN who enable a mook like Black and a below average analyst like Forde to do nearly 50% of the games on this network.
I would be careful what you wish for... we could end up with Mark Lee & Chris Walby('ol marble mouth) doing TSN games... that would be a huge calamity for the CFL broadcasts...

brihind88

WTH ? 

Mark Lee was one of my fave CFL broadcasters.

Better than all 3 current TSN broadcasters. IMO

1 - Don Chevrier

2 - Pat Marsden

3 - Johnny Esaw

4 - Don Wittman

5 - Mark Lee

dcmoses

WTH ?

Mark Lee was one of my fave CFL broadcasters.

Better than all 3 current TSN broadcasters. IMO

1 - Don Chevrier

2 - Pat Marsden

3 - Johnny Esaw

4 - Don Wittman

5 - Mark Lee
You lost me at Pat Marsden. 

You can't be serious?! The man in sports I have ever seen that approaches the same level of stupidity as Black (although Rowdy Rod is still way in front in a league of his own). Marsden's not only an idiot he's a self centred douchebag. There's a good reason he never made it past just football as a broadcaster.

dcmoses

I would be careful what you wish for... we could end up with Mark Lee & Chris Walby('ol marble mouth) doing TSN games... that would be a huge calamity for the CFL broadcasts...
Mark Lee was not bad and Walby was way better than Black or Forde. Honestly, a plate of moldy cheese would be a step up from Black.

Aerial

I've always liked Dave Naylor, the more of him on CFL broadcasts and that, the better IMHO.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink