brianjoxx

Actual bombers are lucky he retired. And don't get angry at me.
I never said  " Durant played lousy for a bad team, THEN went to Montreal and played worse"
Again I never said that!!!!!!!

Iconic SR

Agreed that Bombers are better off not having DD on their roster. He was done before he got there, and they only paid $70K to learn this - while the Als paid $500K to learn the same thing.

Doubles had a great career but since 2014/15 his body wasn’t in the same frame as his mind and heart was. The big payday in Montreal was a retirement plan for DD as much as it was an Alouettes effort to boost their team. 

everyman

I see DD as having an average career and one great year.

Very self absorbed imo. and threw many people under the buses along the way.

HfxTC

I don't even think he's Hall of Fame material. Riders fans may think different because of emotional attachment but his stats and record over his career don't meet that threshold IMO.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Iconic SR

Darian always seemed to need to have a critical mass of things around him to properly be able to lead/succeed: talented team of friends around him, coaches who don't ask tough questions, adoring fans, the majority of attention, and no glaring expectations etc. Once that ecosystem was in a state of imbalance - he struggled. His personality and demeanour would seem to change, along with the changes around him. Heart on his sleeve kinda guy.

Comparatively speaking, you never see this from Ricky Ray, who is stable as a rock no matter what mess or situation he was thrust into.

everyman

I don't even think he's Hall of Fame material. Riders fans may think different because of emotional attachment but his stats and record over his career don't meet that threshold IMO.
Not HOF material in the least imo.
Although the CFL is very generous in awarding HOF stature.

GHT120

Darian always seemed to need to have a critical mass of things around him to properly be able to lead/succeed: talented team of friends around him, coaches who don't ask tough questions, adoring fans, the majority of attention, and no glaring expectations etc. Once that ecosystem was in a state of imbalance - he struggled. His personality and demeanour would seem to change, along with the changes around him. Heart on his sleeve kinda guy.

Comparatively speaking, you never see this from Ricky Ray, who is stable as a rock no matter what mess or situation he was thrust into.
A quarterback with which a team can win, not a QB who is the reason they win.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

West

The Bombers essentially shortened Durants career with an after the whistle hit. No fault in him screwing them over a bit as well 

HfxTC

The Bombers essentially shortened Durants career with an after the whistle hit. No fault in him screwing them over a bit as well
Maybe that's what he meant...

Anyone else tired of Kyle Walters airing his dirty laundry in public and leaking contract information to Dave Naylor?

everyman

Anyone else tired of Kyle Walters airing his dirty laundry in public and leaking contract information to Dave Naylor?
Hahaha...too funny. This coming from a Montreal  guy, a team that continually was a PR disaster and leak machine.
And I thought you wanted contracts made public.
and more transparency.

Now you are complaining, presumably, that Naylor knows about DD's advance on his salary? And your stated facts as you know them that Walters is a leaker. Is that the "dirty laundry"? I'm sure that only DD and Walters are the only two who knew the details here.  :o

What is it that you are actually complaining about, or insinuating here  here again?

HfxTC

Anyone else tired of Kyle Walters airing his dirty laundry in public and leaking contract information to Dave Naylor?
Hahaha...too funny. This coming from a Montreal  guy, a team that continually was a PR disaster and leak machine.
And I thought you wanted contracts made public.
and more transparency.

Now you are complaining, presumably, that Naylor knows about DD's advance on his salary? And your stated facts as you know them that Walters is a leaker. Is that the "dirty laundry"? I'm sure that only DD and Walters are the only two who knew the details here.  :o

What is it that you are actually complaining about, or insinuating here  here again?
Naylor was the first to tweet out that Walters had paid DD 70k signing bonus and the team was trying to get it back, your telling me Durant's camp leaked that?

I do think contracts should be public but they are not as we speak. I find it cowardly to constantly leak information to the media to manipulate fans and make the players look bad only when it suits his narrative. Walters has been accused of leaking other teams information to Naylor as well.

As for leaks. One of the things I have to give Reed is that he keeps his negotiations buttoned up. Sherman, his Free Agents. Freeman, none of that leaked. Six hours before the Sherman announcement Naylor was still pushing out the wrong names.

everyman

Could have been the president.
Could have been the BOG.  
Could have been Reed
Could have been the Riders.
Could be  the League
Could be Rod Pederson
Could be that Durant told a lot of people about his contract and advance.

Who cares!

It's not the leak that's the problem here after all Donald is it?

Good reporting imo.

Iconic SR

I think we can safely say that Chris Jones was right and anyone else who disagreed with his judgement - was wrong.

Personally, I'm just happy that we're not entering yet ANOTHER CFL season debating how good Doubles still is. 

Dust

Teams screw over players by cutting them right before they are due a bonus, it's an extremely common practice.  It might screw over the team I root for on occasion, but it's nice to see some of the players give it right back to the teams at times. 

It might just be me but Kyle Walters comes off as extremely whiny on a fairly regular occurrence.

Users Online

98 Guests, 9 Users (13 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Augustus67, Mightygoose, tcmike, KevinRiley2, Holy Mackinaw, tabbiefan72, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)