depopulationINC

Probably doesn't happen but if I were Wad Miller I'd be sending Durant a legal letter demanding return of the signing bonus.

Let it ride thru the courts if Durant refuses. No other team will touch him with a 4 foot pole - other than the riders we're he'd be welcomed into their front orifice as a Vice President of Standing Around.
While I don't like these kinds of things happening...unless there was some sort of condition in the contract around it, then it would be laughed out of court and DD knows it.  Seeing as he has already been paid, it is most likely that any conditions are already met.  He wouldn't even need a lawyer for this one.

Yes...he and Jones are "super tight" so I would imagine they are on the phone already.

All this said...IIRC, even if he returned it, it would be cash in pocket for the Bombers, but not SMS.  I believe that when Brouillette expressed a desire to return his bonus last season it was determined it was still a cap hit.

Hank01

You might as well give undrafted Noah Picton a shot as a number 3 . He might surprise you in a good way . 

depopulationINC

You might as well give undrafted Noah Picton a shot as a number 3 . He might surprise you in a good way .
So trade with the Argos?

prairiewolf77

I don't think there is anything legal the Bombers can or will do.

There was a receiver a couple of years ago signed with Jones and the Riders and received his signing bonus and retired before training camp. I don't think he had to repay it.

Personally, I think it should be returned, but I don't think he has to.

As for joining the Riders office. As long as Jones is here, you will have better luck finding mountains in Saskatchewan.

depopulationINC

There was a receiver a couple of years ago signed with Jones and the Riders and received his signing bonus and retired before training camp. I don't think he had to repay it.

As for joining the Riders office. As long as Jones is here, you will have better luck finding mountains in Saskatchewan.
Ironically, Saskatchewan has higher elevations that Manitoba, New Brunswick, Ontario, Nova Scotia and PEI, and has several peaks that classify as mountains (1000ft), mainly concentrated within the Cypress Hills area.

sooooooo......you are saying it is likely? :D

300Magnum

Maurice Price.  Signed with the Riders, got a 30K signing bonus and had no intention of ever coming back to the CFL.

Marc Olivier Brouillette retired last year on the eve of training camp and it was reported that he intended to return his bonus.  He did come back to play with half way through last season tho.

depopulationINC

Ironically, Saskatchewan has higher elevations that Manitoba, New Brunswick, Ontario, Nova Scotia and PEI, and has several peaks that classify as mountains (1000ft), mainly concentrated within the Cypress Hills area.

sooooooo......you are saying it is likely? :D
The Riders board will bring Shot-Put Durant into the fold. Like I said before - VP of Standing Around . . . . Jones and Durant won't even come in contact with each other. Probably $100k a year - and he doesn't have to live in Regina . . . . just fly in for various and sundry PR events, take a hotel room for a couple days and head back to whatever rock he's living under!
I can't see it.  He the BOG was pretty pissed off at him in the end.  He had some pretty bigtime support on the BOG, but lost most of it before the end of that 2016 season via some antics.  He did an amazing job of souring most of those relationships.  I could see something in a couple years maybe...but right now I tend to think there is still a fair bit of bitterness....both ways.

Hank01

So trade with the Argos?
  I didn't know was he signed by them after the draft .

300Magnum

So trade with the Argos?
 I didn't know was he signed by them after the draft .
Time to get in the game with a week to go before training camp.

http://3downnation.com/2018/05/10/argos-sign-canadian-qb-noah-picton/

Johnny Ticat slayer

What a slimy thing to do by Durant! He takes the bonus, then retires. He also retires a week from the start of training camp. The Bombers gave him a life line by signing him, and Durant screws them 2 ways. 

Let this be his legacy...
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

Probably doesn't happen but if I were Wad Miller I'd be sending Durant a legal letter demanding return of the signing bonus.

Let it ride thru the courts if Durant refuses. No other team will touch him with a 4 foot pole - other than the riders we're he'd be welcomed into their front orifice as a Vice President of Standing Around.
 The bonus for signing... he signed. So unless the Bombers can prove he had no intention of playing out the year at the time of signing, it is his money.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

DAN38

Hold on. First the Rider's forum is acting funny and then Durant retires unexpectedly ! Maybe there is a conspiracy afoot......Lyle ?
Si vis pacem... para bellum

idealsheldon

Just to play devil`s advocate, Durant`s moral argument can be that he was dumped by the Als a day before he was due a $150,000 bonus the 2nd year of a 3 yr. contract the Als had agreed to. That it works both ways.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

PTBO Dave

Just to play devil`s advocate, Durant`s moral argument can be that he was dumped by the Als a day before he was due a $150,000 bonus the 2nd year of a 3 yr. contract the Als had agreed to. That it works both ways.
I agree. It works both ways. They could possibly look to include contract guarantees in the next CBA, but I suspect the owners would rather just keep it the way is. They have to take a loss occasionally in a situation like this, but they also save a lot by cutting contracted players whenever they see fit.

DAN38

What does screwing over the Bombers have to do with the Al's treating him poorly.  Ripping off Peter to hurt Paul doesn't make sense. I understand what you're getting at though.

As HfxTC correctly states nothing legally was wrong but this may just be another chapter in the dishonour of contracts that we have seen lately. Sad that a man's word means nothing.

I don't forget this kind of action.

Users Online

67 Guests, 14 Users (7 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ticatbill, Corey.the.tiger, xlnt, Holy Mackinaw, EastVanMark, DavidThompson, yougottabekidding, mike619, KJF, CFL in QC, SeaFiddle, Lyle B. Style, letsgoticats, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (4)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)