EZ Football

Holy cow.  This Alouette-ette looks like Kelly Ripa too!

EZ Football

Found an actual article the cheerleaders do in fact get paid...  

http://tsmsportz.com/money/cfl-cheerleaders-salaries/

Comments about their cheerleader salaries?  Any chance the website quoting the salaries is just "an onion" website that is spoofing the issue?

$75,000 yearly earnings?!

Did I read that right?!

FootbalYouBet

Found an actual article the cheerleaders do in fact get paid...  

http://tsmsportz.com/money/cfl-cheerleaders-salaries/

Comments about their cheerleader salaries?  Any chance the website quoting the salaries is just "an onion" website that is spoofing the issue?

$75,000 yearly earnings?!

Did I read that right?!
I don't buy it.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

rpaege

I don't buy it.
Here's a report from a few years ago that gives an indication of what NFL cheerleaders were/are making. It's not very much, and now that the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas their salary will likely be cut in half and they'll go back to paying expenses, which means they'll make nearly nothing.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-raiders-settle-cheerleader-lawsuit-20140904-column.html

That report on CFL cheerleaders is likely a typo that should read $7500 not $75000.

DAN38

I don't buy it.
Here's a report from a few years ago that gives an indication of what NFL cheerleaders were/are making. It's not very much, and now that the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas their salary will likely be cut in half and they'll go back to paying expenses, which means they'll make nearly nothing.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-raiders-settle-cheerleader-lawsuit-20140904-column.html

That report on CFL cheerleaders is likely a typo that should read $7500 not $75000.
   Makes a person wonder how the CFL and NFL can get away with paying such talented women a mere pittance.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

Hank01

Not sure of the wages are accurate but if they get 250 dollars a game and are there for 4 hours that's $62 dollars an hour for having fun and being an ambassador .

That seems fair for the CFL's economic situation . If that's what they get ? I am actually surprised they would even get that much .

rpaege

Not sure of the wages are accurate but if they get 250 dollars a game and are there for 4 hours that's $62 dollars an hour for having fun and being an ambassador .

That seems fair for the CFL's economic situation . If that's what they get ? I am actually surprised they would even get that much .

I'm pretty sure they also have to spend many hours rehearsing and travelling. I think they may also have to pay for their own expenses and costume.

Hank01

I'm pretty sure they also have to spend many hours rehearsing and travelling. I think they may also have to pay for their own expenses and costume.
  True about the rehearsals . I think the CFL teams pay for the uniform but not positive . They don't travel much in the CFL except for the Grey Cup . Most jobs don't  pay travel time . You only get paid for the hours worked . Most use calendar sales to help pay for expenses .

I see them as mascots and ambassadors and many use it as part of a resume and enjoy performing in front of people . They are not the attraction just the side show .

The Ottawa team years ago had two dancers who also performed in Toronto in Much Music's Friday Night TV show Electric Circus . They just danced like they were in the crowd . I doubt any money was involved .

rhymes with orange

I am glad you brought up the calendars. I really wish the owners could pay these young womens' expenses to Grey Cup week instead of them having to constantly hawk calendars inside and outside the stadium. First, it's unfortunate for the girls to have to do this, but it also cheapens the fan experience a little bit when the cheerleaders/dance teams of a pro league are having to sell images of themselves for funding. Do I lose sleep over this? No. But it's one of the things the league could look at so they don't have to go through this year after year.

I don't know about other teams, but the Felions are everywhere with those calendars. Pre-game outside the stadium, on the concourse at half-time, I've even seen some of the girls go up and down the sections selling these things like popcorn, peanuts, or cold beer.

Hank01

Calendars can be a good fund raiser but shouldn't be to a point where the cheerleaders become hawkers and peddlers in the stands . 

Don't have a problem with a nice booth setup before and during the game but they shouldn't have to walk up and down the aisles during a game selling calendars to raise money .

Users Online

82 Guests, 17 Users (9 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, hawthy, Mightygoose, Dr.Whiskey, Holy Mackinaw, SeaFiddle, ExPat, Balticfox, mycko75, Hamilton2005, Bayargonaut00, Oskie18, habcat, pdson2, cahoonrules86, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (4)

Most Online Today: 152. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)