EZ Football

I can't believe a guy in a football forum is suggesting cheerleaders wear MORE clothing. Not making fun of it, just can't believe it.

Screensaver/wallpaper for your computing device.

Suddenly have the urge to eat hotwings.

Iconic SR

Wings would be great right now, lol. Thanks for the pic. Beautiful, talented athletic women who are happy and I'm happy to look at them. 

Hank01

Lot of women like watching the cheerleaders as well and their routines . At least that is my experience . Most enjoy there routines and the one's in the CFL have a lot more clothes on than any beach or wave pool ; so I just don't see the big deal .

If anybody here ever watches the dance shows on TV that has a huge majority audience as female they would see a very sexualized and scantily dressed female performer .

These shows need women viewers yet they have no problem sexualizing the female dancer far more than any CFL cheerleader dance team . They remain very successful with a women's audience .

The me too movement is about power and influence and the result in unwanted sexual behaviour  specifically in the workplace.

It really hasn't stopped the use of sexuality it will just define the boundaries within the workplace which will contract and expand depending on social norms  .

As long as Lonnie Glieberman type owner doesn't date the cheerleaders again the CFL should be safe from this unwanted behaviour .

Who can ever forget the beads and Mardi Gras on the south side ? We come a long way in Ottawa .

EZ Football

Wings would be great right now, lol. Thanks for the pic. Beautiful, talented athletic women who are happy and I'm happy to look at them.
1) Talented?  In what way?  We all have extracurricular activities beyond our full-time job(s).  That's not unusual.

2) Athletic?  Have you seen any of them play softball?  They obviously workout at the gym (cardio/weights), but that doesn't necessarily equate they got the throwing motion down in playing softball on the ball diamond.   Can they play volleyball?

I just look at them because they're cute.  Outside of that, I don't see anything else that is different and beyond the characteristics of the general population.

Iconic SR

1) Talented?  In what way?  We all have extracurricular activities beyond our full-time job(s).  That's not unusual.

2) Athletic?  Have you seen any of them play softball?  They obviously workout at the gym (cardio/weights), but that doesn't necessarily equate they got the throwing motion down in playing softball on the ball diamond.   Can they play volleyball?

I just look at them because they're cute.  Outside of that, I don't see anything else that is different and beyond the characteristics of the general population.
Try participating in one of their routines or even do some of the basic calisthenics that cheerleaders do, then tell me they aren’t talented. I understand where you’re coming from though. Many people who are personally unfamiliar with athletics nor have never participated in team sport or activities don’t understand what is involved when they witness it. Not saying that’s you, but your statements make it possibly appear to be so.

EZ Football

Try participating in one of their routines or even do some of the basic calisthenics that cheerleaders do, then tell me they aren’t talented.
That's exactly what I'm saying.  Routines and calisthenics are not noteworthy.  Lots of people can do that.  If you warm-up at the gym you are doing the same basic moves.

Cheerleading is not talent any more than learning how to make hip-hop noises by thumping your chest and making whistling/spittle noises with your mouth.

To someone confined to a wheelchair and/or a senior citizen, calisthenics activity would be envious, but that does not imply it's 'talented.'

Iconic SR

Try participating in one of their routines or even do some of the basic calisthenics that cheerleaders do, then tell me they aren’t talented.
That's exactly what I'm saying.  Routines and calisthenics are not noteworthy.  Lots of people can do that.  If you warm-up at the gym you are doing the same basic moves.

Cheerleading is not talent any more than learning how to make hip-hop noises by thumping your chest and making whistling/spittle noises with your mouth.

To someone confined to a wheelchair and/or a senior citizen, calisthenics activity would be envious, but that does not imply it's 'talented.'
How about I enjoy their multifaceted talents, and you enjoy discrediting them?
That way we each are content? I won’t get to the point where I disrespect women that way. They work very hard to reach that pro team level of cheerleading and it takes talent, dedication, ability and conviction to do so. Many others haven’t made the cut, while the ones we see perform did. 

DAN38

How about I enjoy their multifaceted talents, and you enjoy discrediting them?
That way we each are content? I won’t get to the point where I disrespect women that way. They work very hard to reach that pro team level of cheerleading and it takes talent, dedication, ability and conviction to do so. Many others haven’t made the cut, while the ones we see perform did.
    Hooter girls work very hard to reach that pro team level of waitressing and it takes talent, dedication, ability and conviction to do so. Many others haven't made the cut, while the ones we see waitress, did.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

Iconic SR

EZ Football

Hooter girls work very hard to reach that pro team level of waitressing and it takes talent, dedication, ability and conviction to do so. Many others haven't made the cut, while the ones we see waitress, did.
I agree.

rhymes with orange

Wow, you guys who don't think CFL cheerleading/dance teams takes talent are completely out to lunch.

These young women are dancers. That takes rhythm, timing, agility (in other words, talent). A lot of them can do back-flips and the splits. Do you think you can just put any woman who's in good shape on the field performing a routine during a TV timeout?? Hahaha, she'd absolutely embarrass herself. These girls have been training for years in hip-hop, jazz, and ballet etc. to do what they do.

Can't believe what I've been reading. SMH.

Iconic SR

Wow, you guys who don't think CFL cheerleading/dance teams takes talent are completely out to lunch.

These young women are dancers. That takes rhythm, timing, agility (in other words, talent). A lot of them can do back-flips and the splits. Do you think you can just put any woman who's in good shape on the field performing a routine during a TV timeout?? Hahaha, she'd absolutely embarrass herself. These girls have been training for years in hip-hop, jazz, and ballet etc. to do what they do.

Can't believe what I've been reading. SMH.
Well said

EZ Football

These girls have been training for years in hip-hop, jazz, and ballet etc. to do what they do.
Years?

Part-time and volunteer activity?

At least the Mountain Dew parachuting/squirrel suit guys are entertaining with their stunts and don't have to work again after one stunt.

I just don't get into anything other than basic dance moves and shaking pom-poms.  It's nice to show-off at your brother's wedding by doing back flips, but c'mon now, lets look at the big picture -- "we" are looking at three things that rhyme with hits, class and eggs when it comes to football games and it's not dance moves.

...and ya'll know it too.  :-[

rhymes with orange

Your opinion of cheerleaders is strictly 'pom-poms' and 'sis-boom-bah' circa 1974, so there's no point in reasoning with you. I have nothing further to add. Thanks.

Iconic SR

These girls have been training for years in hip-hop, jazz, and ballet etc. to do what they do.
Years?

Part-time and volunteer activity?

At least the Mountain Dew parachuting/squirrel suit guys are entertaining with their stunts and don't have to work again after one stunt.

I just don't get into anything other than basic dance moves and shaking pom-poms.  It's nice to show-off at your brother's wedding by doing back flips, but c'mon now, lets look at the big picture -- "we" are looking at three things that rhyme with hits, class and eggs when it comes to football games and it's not dance moves.

...and ya'll know it too.  :-[
Dude, the 1980's called.
They want their sexism back. 

CFL cheerleader squads and cheer teams are mega talented. It's painfully obvious that you have never been to a Grey Cup Festival and seen the competitive routines they all perform. Pretty incredible stuff.

Why do you need to belittle them?

Users Online

63 Guests, 5 Users (13 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Slomojo2005, Mightygoose, IceTheKicker, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 125. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)