rpaege

Maybe you just could'nt rock the short skirt and tank tops?  ;D

Or I was just too ugly.  The hairy legs and brawny shoulders didn't help either.

Iconic SR

Maybe you just could'nt rock the short skirt and tank tops?  ;D

Or I was just too ugly.  The hairy legs and brawny shoulders didn't help either.
Lol

lushfest12

I was greeted politely by a few Eskimos cheerleaders at a game it was nice. 

Iconic SR

I was greeted politely by a few Eskimos cheerleaders at a game it was nice.
We try to make it to every Grey Cup and one of my favorite picture albums has various Grey Cup festivity pics and also pics of us with every cheer team across the nation. They're great ambassadors for the league and seem to love what they're doing.

rhymes with orange

I predict that cheerleaders -  which is really a euphemism for "dance teams" - will be a thing of the past within 5 years. Perhaps not the co-ed cheer teams that do acrobatics etc., but the young women dressed in tanks and spandex with heavy make-up and boots, nope.

I don't want this to happen. These girls work hard and there is a fun, traditional element to football games with their inclusion, but I just see the #metoo movement gaining too much momentum. Women's groups will be calling for this in these PC times we're living in, mark my words. The Commish will eventually cave to pressure. It will be seen as too sexist and anacronistic.

RedandWhite

...how did they survive the women’s liberation movement of the late 60s early 70’s then?  (honest question, I was into Hot Wheels then, not feminist social causes)...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

everyman

I'm kind of hard pressed not to label a mostly middle aged male audience watching women half their age dressed in tiny skirts  and tight tanks doing maneuvers in heavy make-up and boots as not sexist or anachronistic or objectifying. Maybe just me.

Iconic SR

I'm kind of hard pressed not to label a mostly middle aged male audience watching women half their age dressed in tiny skirts  and tight tanks doing maneuvers in heavy make-up and boots as not sexist or anachronistic or objectifying. Maybe just me.
Those are the CFL markets that struggle. The leading CFL clubs have got fan diversity in both age and gender enjoying the cheerleaders and cheer teams. If the PCers try to destroy cheerleading as ‘sexist’ they may have their hands full. Cheerleading at the pro football level exudes talent, energy, fitness, and fan engagement. Those won’t go out of style no matter how hard the haters try.

The most sensitive, pro women’s rights person that I know - is a dedicated former cheerleader, now helps coach. There’s no sexism present in this for her. It’s sport, rhythm, dance, and technique. 

rhymes with orange

I'm kind of hard pressed not to label a mostly middle aged male audience watching women half their age dressed in tiny skirts  and tight tanks doing maneuvers in heavy make-up and boots as not sexist or anachronistic or objectifying. Maybe just me.
Those are the CFL markets that struggle. The leading CFL clubs have got fan diversity in both age and gender enjoying the cheerleaders and cheer teams. If the PCers try to destroy cheerleading as ‘sexist’ they may have their hands full. Cheerleading at the pro football level exudes talent, energy, fitness, and fan engagement. Those won’t go out of style no matter how hard the haters try.

The most sensitive, pro women’s rights person that I know - is a dedicated former cheerleader, now helps coach. There’s no sexism present in this for her. It’s sport, rhythm, dance, and technique.
I completely agree with the talent, training, and dedication that goes into the CFL dance teams. However, I don't agree with your point about markets that struggle. Let's not kid ourselves. The CFL's bread and butter is middle-aged white guys, no matter the market. Now, you may have a slightly different gender split in say, Regina than Vancouver, or it might skew somewhat younger in Ottawa compared to Toronto. But having been to 8 of the 9 CFL cities on game day, I don't believe these are vastly different fan demographics, either viewing on TV or in the stadiums. The problem with struggling markets is not enough bums in the seats, not the make-up  of the audience compared to markets that do well.

Iconic SR

I completely agree with the talent, training, and dedication that goes into the CFL dance teams. However, I don't agree with your point about markets that struggle. Let's not kid ourselves. The CFL's bread and butter is middle-aged white guys, no matter the market. Now, you may have a slightly different gender split in say, Regina than Vancouver, or it might skew somewhat younger in Ottawa compared to Toronto. But having been to 8 of the 9 CFL cities on game day, I don't believe these are vastly different fan demographics, either viewing on TV or in the stadiums. The problem with struggling markets is not enough bums in the seats, not the make-up  of the audience compared to markets that do well.
Was at the travelling Road Show with Ambrosie a few weeks back, and it was nearly half women there. Across many ages. That’s impressive. I’m certain if the middle aged white guys stopped doing everything with other middle aged white guys and maybe they invited a member of the opposite sex (wife, GF, daughter etc) - the market grows. Plus they may get laid more often and the other middle aged white guys won’t be their go-to for support as much, lol. Now if the women don’t want to spend that time with their guy, then they got more problems to worry about than just low attendance.

Just kidding for some of the above, but definitely do see that the attendance in CFL  markets grow when existing fans and season ticket holders invite others, vs same old same old routine of who goes to the game. I never could understand why some men need to be around other men most of the time. Women smell better and have more options 😎. PLUS - the other guys will then bring their female significant others so the smells and sights improve - all around.

EZ Football

what was wrong with the Cheerleader thread that we already had going?
I did a 'search' beforehand.  Nothing current there.  What more do you want?:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXPhWbRWAAA2GcK.jpg

FootbalYouBet

the question is, why don't they just have them dress conservatively and make them all co-ed? 

Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

Iconic SR

the question is, why don't they just have them dress conservatively and make them all co-ed?
I believe it’s sorta like going to the gym. For flexibility, range of motion, and not over heating while moving vigorously - less clothing is better than more clothing.

FootbalYouBet

I believe it’s sorta like going to the gym. For flexibility, range of motion, and not over heating while moving vigorously - less clothing is better than more clothing.
Not so sure.  While watching figure skating, I wondered why so many of the women showed so much butt as if they were wearing thongs.  They don't get points for sexuality and the guys do quite fine with pants on.  The was one woman who wore pants and I thought good on her.

If the players can play in all their gear, the cheerleaders can wear more than they do.

Iconic SR

Not so sure.  While watching figure skating, I wondered why so many of the women showed so much butt as if they were wearing thongs.  They don't get points for sexuality and the guys do quite fine with pants on.  The was one woman who wore pants and I thought good on her.

If the players can play in all their gear, the cheerleaders can wear more than they do.
I can't believe a guy in a football forum is suggesting cheerleaders wear MORE clothing. Not making fun of it, just can't believe it.

Am resolving to watch more figure skating tho.

Users Online

80 Guests, 9 Users (17 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Beam reach, pdson2, Lennywasout, oskee7777, ticats1963, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (13)

Most Online Today: 124. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)